MVP Baseball 2008 Beta 2 for MVP Baseball 2004 is Available!

piratesmvp04

A lot of hard work has paid off as the final kinks in the latest mod for MVP Baseball 2004 are begin worked out. Gamers who are still stuck with the 2004 version will be able to get their game up to date for the 2008 baseball season. This mod will include:

*Up-to-date rosters for 2008

*Uniform and logo updates for the Washington Nationals

*Audio updates

*Possibly player photo updates

A beta version of this mod will be released on this site as well as affiliate site EA Mods on Friday, February 1, 2008. I encourage modders and MVP 2004 gamers to test this out and send me feedback regarding any possible glitches that may exist in the file. A few glitches are already know that I have been unable to repair, but they do not hinder gameplay. There are the following:

*1st basemen gloves appear to be orange and blue due to a bad glove # assignment

*The Pittsburgh Pirates and Milwaukee Brewers AA teams are mixed up.

*The game reports that the lineups for all the AA teams have errors, but they do not appear to exist in the lineup setup.

Be sure to look for this beta on February 1. The final version will be released on March 1 in time for the 2008 MLB Spring Training!

LOL @ Dec. 4th .... what year though? :lol:

The question of "when does the MVP08 Mod come out for MVP 05" has been asked so many times already. I just wonder how many more times it will be asked. My bet is 75 with an error of +/- 50.

MVP 2004?

Yep. For those that still have MVP 2004 and couldn't get 2005.

Nice work piratesmvp04. I just have to see if I have MVP 04 just to check / test this out. Good luck at working out the kinks.

And as far as the minor league issue is concerned, doesn't the minor league teams and organizations go into a text file similar to that of MVP 05? If it is, then wouldn't you be able just to switch the numbers?

• 4 weeks later...

I apologize for not posting on this thread for a while. Just a brief update on my mod:

I finished the mod and tried to upload it to the EAMods website last Thursday, but there was an upload error. So, I uploaded it to the ftp last night, and I'm awaiting admin approval. As soon as its available, I'll announce it here. Please note that this mod will be an EAMods exclusive, which means you will have to be a member of EAMods in order download it. I'll still post the link here, though, for your convenience. But I recommend that you sign up on EAMods right now (it takes a while to activate your account) while we're waiting to get the mod uploaded.

I know a lot of you have been waiting for this kind of mod for a few years, but please continue to be patient. Hopefully it'll be available by the end of this week.

Wasn't this that mod I was supposed to be in but my computer got reset?

I think I remember you offering to contribute something. I'm sorry about that. I had to rush and get the mod finished because no one was responding to my forum posts, and I didn't have time to wait for others. What exactly did you want to contribute again? I may be able to include it.

• 3 weeks later...

I am planning on releasing another beta tomorrow pending approval from some of my potential contributers. The 2nd beta will include many more graphical enhancements than the original. Thespungo has contributed his new 2x unis, Marcus contributed his fielding gloves, Pirate contributed all his 04 stadium mods, and spitoons contributed his bats and 2x official MLB baseball.The only issue I still face is that not all the stadiums are from Pirate. I PM'd a few other people who made stadiums that Pirate did not, and I am waiting to hear back from them. As soon as I get their permission, I'll release the second beta. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow, I'll just release a second beta and get a 3rd one ready for whenever I get their permission.

• 7 months later...

I just updated the links for the MVP Baseball 2008 and Patch 1 downloads. The reason why they weren't working is because they are linked to EAMods, and EAMods changed their site recently, so all the links are different. I added the new links, and they should work now. Remember that you still have to be a member of EAMods in order to download the mod.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• 2 years later...

Archived