The Year That Never Was...

Nameless

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Bobby Bonilla ... the man who would be famous for getting injured and forcing the Cardinals to call up some 3B named Albert Pujols.

Great to see some of these old names ... Sabes, Orsulak, Matty W, etc.

haha who would of thought..I'm sure Albert is very pleased of that injury..but yea it always fun to play with players who played during this time era. especially seeing who are the superstars now are just rookies to start out this year, especially with a trade that just occurred with my team but I won't name any names yet although he is playing right now. So there's one hint.

1994 All-Star Game Players

American League Starters:

1. C Ivan Rodriguez TEX

2. 1B Bob Hamelin KC

3. 2B Chuck Knoblauch MIN

4. 3B Wade Boggs NYY

5. SS John Valentin BOS

6. LF Shane Mack MIN

7. CF Kenny Lofton CLE

8. RF Jose Canseco TEX

9. P David Cone KC

American League Pitchers:

1. SP Randy Johnson SEA

2. SP Mike Mussina BAL

3. SP Kevin Tapani MIN

4. SP Jack McDowell CWS

5. RP Tom Henke TEX

6. RP Lee Smith BAL

7. RP Derek Lilliquist BAL

8. RP Mike Henneman DET

American League Bench:

1. C Mike Stanley NYY

2. 3B Robin Ventura CWS

3. LF Juan Gonzalez TEX

4. CF Bernie Williams NYY

5. LF Albert Belle CLE

6. 2B Carlos Baerga CLE

7. 1B Wally Joyner KC

National League Starters:

1. C Mike Piazza LA

2. 1B Jeff Bagwell HOU

3. 2B Craig Biggio HOU

4. Matt Williams SF

5. SS Barry Larkin CIN

6. LF Barry Bonds SF

7. CF Marquis Grissom MON

8. RF Dante Dichette COL

9. P Greg Maddux ATL

National League Pitchers:

1. SP Bret Saberhagen NYM

2. SP Dave Weathers FLA

3. SP Jeff Fassero MON

4. RP John Franco NYM

5. RP John Wetteland MON

6. RP Jeff Brantley CIN

7. RP Doug Jones PHI

National League Bench:

1. C Joe Girardi COL

2. 1B Fred McGriff ATL

3. LF Kevin Mitchell CIN

4. RF Larry Walker MON

5. RF Tony Gwynn SD

6. 3B Ken Caminiti HOU

7. SS Wil Cordero

yep2124.jpg

First off I would like to say this trade was offered to me, I didn't even attempt to go out and get Alex Rodriguez. Right after the all star game when I manage/sim the game, this trade offer came up, and it was an offer I couldn't refuse. But just remember Rodriguez is only 18 years old and he is batting a wooping .158 with 0 RBIs and 0 HRs..Shocking I know i know..but I thought maybe I can make him into a player he should be so let's hope! Pretty upset I had to give up Rey though but what I can I do lol

This is what bothers me about video game AI trading. ARod is a 5-star prospect (#1 overall draft pick), robably decent to good ratings ... and they trade him for garbage.

This is what I liked about HH's trade logic, in order to get ARod (best prospect in M's system, possibly the whole league), you'd have to give up 2 stars or 3 prospects or some combination of that.

I don;t fault you for accepting the trade, but I wonder after 20 games or so if you'll regret making the move ... only since you're replaying the 94 season. However if ARod helps you get back in the race, it'll likely be an interesting storyline.

This is why, when replaying historic seasons, some guys turn AI trading off ... otherwise the AI messes up team's rosters with trades like this one.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys I know I've been inactive here for awhile with dynasties but I did want to let you know I have a new one over at dynastymanager. I was in the mood to do write ups for the dynasty and thats actually were I started in the first place. If you want to check it out be free to the link is: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php?u=Nameless&sport=mlb I'm about 9 games into it and I'm doing from thee begining with the 2005 season. I thought it be cool to see how it would be replaying the last 5 years if I can get that far. Should be interesting but anyway be free to check it out if you want.

http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php?u=Nameless&sport=mlb

Archived