Computer Freezes After Completed Game

Williamsburg

Question...what if your gamepad doesn't have a #10 button? I am using a Logitech Rumblepad and it stops at button #8. :sad:

Howdy Crites. After Peterosefan gave me the instructions, I pulled out my old Saitek P150 and used the right pad to transition through the screens without using the keyboard. Windows 7 recognized it immediately, and so did the game. I have to purchase a new Rumblepad 2, as my old one gave up the ghost playing 2K11. You should be able to do the same with your Rumblepad. Good luck!! :p

Howdy Crites. After Peterosefan gave me the instructions, I pulled out my old Saitek P150 and used the right pad to transition through the screens without using the keyboard. Windows 7 recognized it immediately, and so did the game. I have to purchase a new Rumblepad 2, as my old one gave up the ghost playing 2K11. You should be able to do the same with your Rumblepad. Good luck!! :p

I don't see how. I only have one rumblepad and there is no button 10 on my Logitech Rumblepad. It's either the keyboard and Rumblepad or nothing. :sad:

I'm thinking there must be an alternative to what peterosefan described.

Edited by Crites

• 3 weeks later...

Franchise has been the bane for me, Crites. Hopefully, you'll experience no lockups when you move to Franchise...perhaps you can check it out and give us a shout?

Just an update...I've been playing Franchise for a couple of weeks with zero lockups. However, I am using keyboard as a controller.

Edited by Crites

Thanks for the update on your Franchise, Crites! How would you rate the keyboard as opposed to a controller?

Will: I am VERY happy with the performance of the keyboard vs the Logitech Rumblepad. Pitching is especially better as I can take my time with locating the ball where I want it. It is very precise and I can get strike outs with it that I couldn't get with the controller. Batting is also a lot easier, although I haven't perfected the "pull back and then swing" method yet. Of course, I couldn't do that with the Logitech either. So no biggie. I have fielding and running set on auto control. I had it that way with the controller too.

Odd... The 'Click start to Begin' button for all my 2K games on my Saitek controllers is actually Button 8 (Rt Bottom Trigger). But, once I'm actually at the main title screen, Button 10 becomes the 'Start' button. (Though, that might have to do with my modifying the controller setup...)

The main thing to keep in mind on PC is if you use the mouse or keyboard to progress beyond the 'Press Start to Begin' screen, then the keyboard becomes Player1, and the controller becomes Player2. If you never use the keyboard (and only use the controller) to progress beyond the 'Start' screen, you'll never run into that problem.

I just got around to attempting my first exhibition game, Braves vs Mets. Just as the game went into the 2nd inning, my monitor went black and I ended up having to restart my computer. Then, it ends up overheating my video card and I had to shut it off until the next day. Any suggestions?

I have Windows XP Professional SP3 with ATI Radeon Sapphire X1650 Secondary card with 3GB of RAM.

Odd... The 'Click start to Begin' button for all my 2K games on my Saitek controllers is actually Button 8 (Rt Bottom Trigger). But, once I'm actually at the main title screen, Button 10 becomes the 'Start' button. (Though, that might have to do with my modifying the controller setup...) The main thing to keep in mind on PC is if you use the mouse or keyboard to progress beyond the 'Press Start to Begin' screen, then the keyboard becomes Player1, and the controller becomes Player2. If you never use the keyboard (and only use the controller) to progress beyond the 'Start' screen, you'll never run into that problem.

Didn't know about that switching thing between keyboard and controller. That was probably my problem. But now that I've been using the keyboard, I don't feel the urge to go back to the controller. :D

Edited by Crites

I just got around to attempting my first exhibition game, Braves vs Mets. Just as the game went into the 2nd inning, my monitor went black and I ended up having to restart my computer. Then, it ends up overheating my video card and I had to shut it off until the next day. Any suggestions?

I have Windows XP Professional SP3 with ATI Radeon Sapphire X1650 Secondary card with 3GB of RAM.

Hmmmm...are the drivers for the video card up-to-date? Also sounds like an overheating problem. Check your fan on the video card as well as the power supply to make sure they are working properly. Also try using other games that are graphics-intensive. My power supply fan runs constant when I am playing 2K12.

Edited by Crites

Crites, if your PSU's fan is working overtime to keep it cool, then I'd have concerns about its overall condition and ability to actually power all your components...

PCStar, an X1650 just barely meets the minimum requirements for this game. Do as Crites suggested and make sure the cooling fan on the card is functioning, as well as making certain the heatsink on it isn't clogged up with dust. A can of compressed air can cure dust problems. And since you're inside the PC already, you may as well make certain any intake and exhaust fans/vents are working properly and dust-free as well.

As Crites suggested, beyond something physical, you may want to consider a driver update. AMD (ATI) drivers are available here: http://sites.amd.com.../downloads.aspx

Lastly, you may want to download some 3rd-party temp monitoring software to ensure the card isn't overheating while playing games. My favorites are MSI's Afterburner and Tech-PowerUp's GPU-Z. Afterburner has one distinct advantage over GPU-Z, which is that it can actually display the card's temperature on-screen at the same time as you're playing full-screen games.

Afterburner: http://event.msi.com...er/download.htm

GPU-Z: http://www.techpower.../SysInfo/GPU-Z/

Edit: One warning. Don't go fiddling around with Afterburner's Over-Clocking capabilities. You could easily destroy the card if you make a mistake there.

Edited by RazberyBandit