MaddiesDaddy Datafile

MaddiesDaddy

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anybody else find real easy to score with this dat file, I like the cameras, and the positioning of the infielders. But the scores were 50-0 & 48-2 in the two game I played on PRO level

kraw, glad you like the work. I respect your opinion being you are so active here on the site plus all the work you put into your mods. (just to note, I do welcome feedback and suggestions from anyone)

Anyway...

If you add in Rodkey's updates for hitting that should help make it more difficult to score. The datafile I uploaded contains no mods to the hitting game. To me Rodkey's ball physics and hitting mods are the best. And as I am sure you know...your sliders make a big difference no matter what datafile you use.

The datafile I use for my games includes Rodkeys hitting mods with a whole bunch of other tweaks I made. There are also a number of other datafile mods which I inlcluded from other peoples' datafiles in the download section.

I just didn't get around to asking all of them permission if I could include their work with mine into one Combo datafile.

I get the typical 5-2, 3-1, etc games along with an occasional blowout for either side (me or CPU).

edit: P.S. I play my own games...I dunno how this or any other datafile affects simmed or coached games.

why is this thread even open? If you dont have room in your email, then open a Gmail account, then you dont have to worry about space...
maybe he does not want to be spammed by people too dumb to install the file?

everybody creates threads for mods, it helps with feedback

maybe he does not want to be spammed by people too dumb to install the file?

everybody creates threads for mods, it helps with feedback

thanks kraw.

I have enough email space and I never said you couldn't email me...if I didn't want any email I wouldn't provide my address...I just thought it to be easier to collect thoughts, feedback and opinions here rather than through email for a good number of reasons.

v1.1 just uploaded

-changes -

-moved 1B back on one of the bunt plays to make it more of the general bunt coverage play that the third baseman or pitcher would field the bunt

-moved 2B closer to 1st base when 1Bman is up for a bunt, thus giving the2Bman less of a distance to get to first to cover the bag

-adjusted 2B position on double play alignments for both left handed and right handed hitters...I thought he was to close to the bag and not deep enough

• 1 month later...

I don't know if it's arrogant to start a thread about my first download/mod but I just wanted to provide a place besides my email inbox for people to post questions or comments if they so desire.

Have a good day - Go Giants!!!

Here is a link to the download...

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Down...details&id=2780

absolutely not Maddies! good to have a thread so you can get feedback. I'll be giving your datafile a stab here tommorow! GL with your file and I hope we see more!

• 2 weeks later...

ok just played my first game and its a great datafile. you cant really go wrong building off of the first one. couple things i noticed that can easily be changed with sliders but i want to make sure other people are noticing the same thing before i mess with it.

i played as the A's against the yankees who have the 1st ranked pitching and 2nd hitting so i figured i was in for a good game.

it seemed like my hitting was a little juiced, i had lots of screamers through the infield that the yankees could not field cleanly, they were not errors just smashed balls. i am thinking maybe lower my power down a bit? also i killed the pitching i had 14 hits through 4 innings and swung at everything after that. i was thinking it might be because it is the first time i used trues batting camera and it seems eaiser to see the ball.

another side note i threw my first shut out complete game with the 06 mod.

did i just play one of my best games, it certainly is plausible or are other people experiencing similar results?

thanks again maddiesdaddy for your work, i love the camera.

Thanks I will take a look at the batted balls parts. Although I am not having that sort of trouble. But that could be because you may be better at hitting than I.

That's one thing I noticed with modding a datafile for those who play the game (i.e., don't sim)....there is always a personal effect to it. Meaning although I try my best, the datafile is always skewed to make the game more realistic based on how I play it.

This is why at first all that I modded were the infielder positions because that has nothing with how well or poor you play the game. Where the fielders are is right or wrong no matter what.

But I thought I would put the datafile I use for my games out there for others to use or mod even further.

ok just played my first game and its a great datafile. you cant really go wrong building off of the first one.

Not much difference between them anymore

Batter Walkup Music is turned off NOPE people bitched

Trues changes to remove foul ball replays NOPE people bitched

Spitoons Walk Mod YEP

Trues Batting Camera #4 Mod YEP

Pared's behind the pitcher camera #6 YEP

Some of Rodkey's Ball Physics for how a batted ball leaves the bat

Rodkey's Fielder Movement Animations

Rodkey's Bunt Modifiers

Rodkey's Player Speed Ratio

is that stuff from 2004?

KSM's Camera Views for fielding, batter intro, game intro etc. (from his v0.5 release) YEP from version 4.0

Infielder Fielding Position Changes YEP

Only thing missing from MD's is SerialMike's Walk and Strikeout fix & abhall's High Heat" Low Batting view camera

only thing 06 is missing is the Rodkey stuff

How do you read and edit a Datafile? I want to add and adjust this file but it wont read properly. I get all funny shapes and letters...

TIA

Kraw and I each posted an answer to your question in the thread you started about this...check there for your answers.

Based on some feedback (thanks skte1ement)...I have updated my datafile yet again...

* v2.1 changes *

-continued tweaks to cpubatter, batter and batterai lines as well as batting/ball physics to increase foul balls, batters chasing pitches, etc.

-adjusted ball physics so that there were more soft ground balls

With this datafile I have played three very exciting games today. Last one vs. Twins I faced Santana, worked him to over 110 pitches through 7.1 innings and earned 4 walks off him too. He also threw a wild pitch.

I threw the Unit out there and fanned 6, walked 2 and gave up two runs in 6.2 innings. Throwing over 90 pitches myself.

What does this possibly tell me...that the CPU is working the count through foul balls and taking pitches. They also chased a lot of pitches and sometimes tried to check their swings on pitches out of the zone. I gave up a dinger to Tony Batista along with 7 other hits. So I am not blowing them away either.

I will continue to monitor the way the game plays. Of course this will be based a lot off my abilities. But I will try and be as thoughtful of this fact as possible as I make tweaks to the datafile.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends.

Archived