TC9 cyberface list

EASPORTSGUY

I've searched....

Does anybody have a TC9 cyberface id list?

I don't think we have a comprehensive list anywhere, but there is an easy way to get the information:

1. Go to the data database folder (where the rosters are).

2. Make a copy of the attrib.dat and change the file extension from .dat to .csv

3. Open up the .csv file with Microsoft Excel and sort by face number (column L)

I've attached a .rar file that contains all of the TC9 faces using the steps above. Note that the same face may be used by different players (if they look similar). Also, you will notice that some players are listed multiple times (e.g. Derek Jeter). That's because I did a quick sort without removing duplicates. Finally, I removed all of the players who use the generic faces (901 - 915).

Thank you! :D

I'm having an issue with the managers.

Your mods are fantastic!!!

I have a question....

It seems when I change a manager listed in AAA, AA or A team

they all change. What could be causing this? I must have goofed

something up. :cry:

I have a question....

It seems when I change a manager listed in AAA, AA or A team

they all change. What could be causing this? I must have goofed

something up. :cry:

No, you didn't mess anything up. All of the minors use the same manager.

oic....

Why are some of the mangers not listed on the file you provided?

Like Sparky, he's #462 or Leyland.... they're not on the list.

So the manager that is used in a MLB team will appear when using

a AAA, AA or A slotted MLB team?

I'm trying to change the 76 Tigers manager to Houk #659, however

Leyland appears in the game.

The minors use a generic face for the managers. Whether it's A, AA, or AAA, they all have the same face.

I'm sure the Total Classics guys used generic faces for all of the teams since they couldn't include the faces for the managers on the teams in the minor league slots.

Manager faces are stored in the manager.dat file. I created another Excel file (using the steps outlined in my previous post) and attached it in the .rar file below.

As tebjr pointed out, a single minor league manager, named "A Manager" is assigned to all AAA, AA and A teams. If you change his face for one team, it affects ALL minor league teams. Early on when working on TC, I assigned Tommy Lasorda's face to the 1978 Dodgers (who are in an AAA slot). When I was testing, I suddenly realized that Tommy Lasorda was managing EVERY minor league team. :D

I don't know what's going on....

I've tried the Tigers 09, 35, 46, 61 and 68.

I've seen 3 different faces.... a generic, some dude with a mustache

(who looks like Bruce Bochy)

and what I believe is face 499 an old dude with gray hair (maybe G.Mauch).

Although I have face 659 R.Houk assigned and exported with MVPEdit.

What in the Wide World of Sports is going on here??? :wall:

How do you deal with multiple 499 faces?

The 499 face in my models is old and gray.

I tried again....

I've seen a generic, a guy who looks like B.Martin and face 499.

I have R.Houk assigned however he doesn't appear.

Is it me or is there an issue here?

Thanks for your help.

As I recall, MVPEdit does have some issues when it comes to editing the managers. For example, I believe that no matter what you set for the manager's body type, it's always stored in the manager.dat file as "stocky".

You can edit the manager.dat file by hand, however, if you then edit the rosters again with MVPEdit, your manual changes will be lost.

I think I understand....

It makes for a better game when the managers are on

the correct team.

Can you explain how to move teams around from slot to slot,

I want to customize my MLB slot, is this possible or too difficult?

It's possible, but it's not for the feint of heart, as there are a number of things that you would need to do:

1. Rosters

To move a team to a major league slot, you will need to export the team you want to move using MVPEdit and then re-import it to the desired MLB slot. You would need to edit the team.dat and tstat.dat files with a text editor to make sure that the team you moved shows up in MVPEdit (not the game) with the proper name.

2. Uniforms

You'll need to extract the team uniforms from the models.big file using EAGraph, BigGUI or gfxpak. After extracting them, you will need to reinstall them to the team's proper uniform slot. You will need to rename the files to make sure that they get installed to the proper slot. You can use Fuzz' MVPStudio, EAGraph, gfxpak or any of Kraw's tools (I still use his old Installer Thingy) to install the uniforms.

You will also need to modify the uniform select screens in the uniforms.big file. Again, you will need to extract the files to move, rename them and then reinstall them.

3. In-Game text

Using LOCLook, you will need to modify the in-game text in the IGENG.LOC and FEENG.LOC files so that the team name is displayed properly in the game.

4. Logos

You will need to extract and reinstall the teams logos using EAGraph and nfshtool so that they show up properly.

5. Team audio

You will want the team name audio to be correct, so you will need to modify the data audio cd pbp_spch tnamedat.big and data audio pbp_spch tnamedat.big files. This will involve extracting the team's current audio files, renaming them, editing the team's .hdr file with a hex editor and then reinstalling all of the files.

6. Default stadium

If you want the team's home stadium to show up as the default when you select the team, you will need to do the following:

a. Copy the stadium to the default stadium for the slot you are moving to. For example, if you are moving the Milwaukee Brewers to the New York Yankees slot, copy millday.big and millnite.big on top of yankday.big and yanknite.big

b. You will need to extract the millday.txt and millnite.txt files from data database database.big, rename them to yankday.txt and yanknite.txt and put them in your data folder

c. If you want the proper stadium select screen to display for the stadium, extract the files the files you want to move from the data frontend stadiums.big file and also extract the files you want to replace. Extract the .bmp files using nfshtool, copy them to the correct position (e.g. the Milwaukee .bmp files to the Yankee Stadium folders), rebuild the .fsh files using nfshtool and reimport the new .fsh files into the stadiums.big file.

d. Like you did with the team audio, you will need to modify the stadium audio. This involves the data audio cd pbp_spch stdnmdat.big and data audio pbp_spch stdnmhdr.big files. Again, it's a matter of extracting files, renaming them, hex editing the .hdr file and reinstalling them.

e. Using LocLook again, you'll need to edit the .LOC files so that the stadium name is displayed properly in the game.

So as you can see, it is possible to do this, but it does take some time and as well as trial and error, because you won't do everything correct the first time (I speak from experience!).

If you think it's time consuming doing this for one team, try doing this for 16, 26 or 30 teams in a full season mod! 8O

Now you can understand why it takes us so long to create the single season mods......

• 6 months later...

It's possible, but it's not for the feint of heart, as there are a number of things that you would need to do:

This is a fairly old post, so I am sorry to bump, but I imported a roster of all-time greats, into one I had already started myself. It's for my own personal use, so it will be easier to to edit a few players, and some stats, then it would have been to continue creating all 25 players as I had been.

Anyway, it now causes my game to crash at the initial load screen. I think I read somewhere that this is a cyber face issue. Is that true? Could it also be the photo/audio id? Or, is it possible both? Looks like I have some work to do either way, going through 25 teams of players that I imported.

all of those could cause crashing. but if it crashes at the initial splash screen, it's typically a roster problem. so:

1. you can't have more than 3250 players in your roster. did you create that many, or add enough so that number is exceeded?

2. did you try to edit the all star teams through mvpedit?

I didn't add anyone without deleting someone. Just filled the 25 man roster with all time players, and deleted the current players (unless they were one of the players on the team).

When I got done (I didn't mess with the all star teams), and tried to import, the NL all star team was short one player for some reason. So I imported a single player to fill the roster.

This is a fairly old post, so I am sorry to bump, but I imported a roster of all-time greats, into one I had already started myself. It's for my own personal use, so it will be easier to to edit a few players, and some stats, then it would have been to continue creating all 25 players as I had been.

Anyway, it now causes my game to crash at the initial load screen. I think I read somewhere that this is a cyber face issue. Is that true? Could it also be the photo/audio id? Or, is it possible both? Looks like I have some work to do either way, going through 25 teams of players that I imported.

Can you be a little more specific on what screen you mean when you say "initial load screen"? Do you mean the initial MVP Baseball 2005 splash screen (the one Homer is talking about) or the game loading screen (the one that shows up with the loading bar after you've selected your teams, uniforms, stadium and are ready to start the game)?

If it is the game loading screen then it is most likely a cyberface issue. Most often, the cyberface assigned to a player is not in the models.big file. The way to check this out is to open up the rosters in MVPEdit, and look at your team one player at a time. For each player, go to the Appearance tab and see if his cyberface shows up in MVPEdit. If it does not and you see the message "File Not Found", then it means that the cyberface is not in the models.big file.

The load screen when you first start MVP 2005.

The cyberface issue may still be a problem, as I don't know which models.big file the original up loader used, but I have not gotten that far yet. I may start checking that though, as it still could be an issue.

Is it possible to use the same cyberface on two players? Same audio/photo id? One, or both?

Thanks for the help guys

You can use the same cyberface, portrait / audio ID, etc. for as many players as you want. We do that in Total Classics where the same player is on multiple teams (for example, Derek Jeter on the '98 and 2000 Yankees).

For some of the single season mods (TC51, TC56, TC78), I assigned the same cyberface to multiple players if they looked similar.

So what it comes down to is maybe a missing cyber face? Sadly, I didn't back up my rosters first, like an idiot, as I back up everything else.... So if I can't figure this out, I start over... :(

Well, I will continue to go through and see if there are any missing cyberfaces, and go from there...

If anyone else has any ideas, let me know...

A missing cyberface usually won't crash the game right away, at least in my experience. Make sure that your team roster only has 25 players on it and make sure that the batting order and pitching rotations are set properly. These are also things that can cause crashes.

A missing cyberface usually won't crash the game right away, at least in my experience. Make sure that your team roster only has 25 players on it and make sure that the batting order and pitching rotations are set properly. These are also things that can cause crashes.

It could be the lineups/rotos. I never thought to check if those were ok when I imported... :wacko:

I can't believe I never thought of that. Will check when I get home tonight.

do you think it might have anything to do with that all star roster? you said one player was missing, and i'm curious if all 25 are required. typically like we've been saying, the crash is roster related.

I added a guy, so it has 25 now.

I will do what Jim said, and see if that was the issue.

did you add it through mvpedit? because if you did, that will for sure crash it. when you edit all star teams, you need to edit the database files through notepad or some text editor. then you can import those files into mvpedit to view your roster again.

the only way to do it through mvpedit and not crash is to have two copies of your roster file. edit those teams and export the teams out into mbe files. then open your other roster file and import to replace the all star teams. i know jim's posted how to do it step by step several times. but make sure you look at it, because the all star teams will crash your game if you don't edit them right.

did you add it through mvpedit? because if you did, that will for sure crash it. when you edit all star teams, you need to edit the database files through notepad or some text editor. then you can import those files into mvpedit to view your roster again.

the only way to do it through mvpedit and not crash is to have two copies of your roster file. edit those teams and export the teams out into mbe files. then open your other roster file and import to replace the all star teams. i know jim's posted how to do it step by step several times. but make sure you look at it, because the all star teams will crash your game if you don't edit them right.

So, I was using the MVP08 rosters as a base. If I take those rosters, which are untouched, and import the entire all-star teams into my current roster, replacing the ones that have been changed, will that work?

Whats funny is that every time I import players into my roster (or export), someone from one of the all-star teams disappears. This isn't the first time it has happened, and I usually just replace the guy with someone else. One time 3 guys disappeared, and I just replaced them with 3 random guys ti fill it out.

Jim, any links to any of your previous threads with step by step instructions for editing all-star rosters?

Worst case, I can always export the rosters I have finished myself, and import them into the original 08 roster mod.

Archived