Problem with TC 1988

alantrammellisahofer

I am having a heck of a time getting TC 1988 to work. I am running TC 9 with no problems. I did the whole copy MVP folder, fresh install thing to install another copy of TC 1956, and that works like a charm. Unfortunately, when I do the same thing with TC 1988, I can't play any game with the Tigers. I get a complete crash. But if I play with other non Tiger teams it seems to work. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, as TC 88 looks great.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's mike heath causing the crashing. i don't know why, since he has a generic face. we can start there and see if we can figure out why it's crashing...

I got Heath to come up to the plate with no problems. Not saying that he's not the problem, but I was able to get past him with no crash this time.

So how do I try to fix Mike Heath? Incidentally, I always thought he was a pretty serviceable backup catcher.

I'm not sure. Like Homer said, Heath has a generic face, so if it's the face, all the players with that generic face would crash.

All that would tie to a specific player would be a portrait, face, or audio right Homer?

We can rule out portrait and audio. The face would show in the player edit screen, but all players with the 901 face would crash if that was it.

I'm lost here Homer. Just grasping at straws.

Would it matter when we downloaded TC 1988? I just downloaded the most recently updated one and I have the crash too - but before it was updated, it worked perfectly...so maybe that could be a possibility, so when did Homer and Alan download their versions and what version are you playing with tebjr?

Would it matter when we downloaded TC 1988? I just downloaded the most recently updated one and I have the crash too - but before it was updated, it worked perfectly...so maybe that could be a possibility, so when did Homer and Alan download their versions and what version are you playing with tebjr?

That could be it. I'm using the original version with the addons installed afterwards.

Maybe Jim can shed some light on that theory. I don't think anything was changed with Mike Heath, so I'm not really sure.

ok, problem found. so for some reason i had an mbe file that was different from the install of the game. so i re-installed it. turns out the install i had had him assigned the 855 face. i'm not sure if i have the latest install or not, or if my mbe file was the latest or not. but either way, the problem lies in the fact that there is no face installed in the models.big for 855. that's why it crashed. so to fix it, just open your roster in mvpedit, change his id to 901, and export it back to your game. that should do it.

for those who don't know how to, just dowload this file. unzip it. copy the attrib.dat file to your database folder and replace the one there.

That could be it. I'm using the original version with the addons installed afterwards.

Maybe Jim can shed some light on that theory. I don't think anything was changed with Mike Heath, so I'm not really sure.

I merely packaged everything up for the update (i.e. I didn't do any real testing other than to confirm that the installation procedure worked OK). It sounds like the issue is with the updated roster files or the updated models.big file packaged with the mod. Either an incorrect face ID was given to Mike Heath or a new face for him (ID #855) was not added to the models.big file.files, the models.big file.

Archived