Schedule Wont Change To 2013

arbisfun

I have downloaded the game to my home laptop running Windows 7. After I put the 2013 version of schedule.big to the database directory, the game would still load up with 2005 schedule? How can that be? Is there any problem with running MVP '05 under Windows 7 OS that may cause this?

I have since run the program in Windows XP compatibility mode for XP service pack 2. The program will not load up mvp 12 mod and instead would load MVP 2005, and shortly after it would crash on it own.

I am so lost here.

Thanks so much for any help.

Best,

Do you mean that the year is 2005? If so you can download tywiggins' Schedule Updater/Year Changer as part of MVP Baseball 1994, it'll allow you to change the year to 2013.

From the readme file:

Additional Instructions

If you have tywiggins' Schedule Updater/Year Changer, you can change the year to 2013, rather than the default 2005.

1. When you get to the team select screen, ALT-TAB out of MVP.

2. Load Schedule Updater.

3. Select option 1 and change the year to 2013, and choose if you want players' ages to change.

4. Select option 3, and choose "1" to set the schedule to start on March 31.

5. ALT-TAB back into MVP and continue as usual.

Hope that helps.

Great, than I have nothing to blame for the same problem as all the others, where a black screen pops us for a second and then disappears. Apparently this is a problem without a solution for a number of us. At least having the proper year is rather irrelevant to the gameplay, as the proper schedule is all that matters. I've gotten used to the players being 16 years old.

Great, than I have nothing to blame for the same problem as all the others, where a black screen pops us for a second and then disappears. Apparently this is a problem without a solution for a number of us. At least having the proper year is rather irrelevant to the gameplay, as the proper schedule is all that matters. I've gotten used to the players being 16 years old.

Playball335 brings up a very good point:

Make sure you are not running it from the Program Files folder. Windows 7/8 protects these folders via UAC.

Try running Schedule Updater from the desktop.

I just tried to run Schedule Updater from the desktop, the black box was on the screen for longer, maybe 2-3 seconds, but still vanished. I did just load up the MVP 94 Mod itself, just to try something, and the schedule updater does work when I'm running that mod, just not with my updated MVP 12, so perhaps I'm inching closer to the root of the problem. Obviously schedule updater WILL work on the machine with the right circumstances, now I'm just trying to figure out how my current MVP 12 install is preventing it from behaving properly, thanks for your advice,

Still a no-go, though the black window stays open longer when I do it that way, maybe 2-3 seconds rather than <1. Tried in Admin mode as well as regular, tried compatibility mode, nada, the moving of the .exe to the desktop was a new idea at least, thanks for the suggestions,

You're doing ALT-TAB out of MVP and running ScheduleUpdater when you get to the team select screen, right?

Just checked, the MVP 12 folder is read-only, so I unchecked that box, applied setting, and it went through and applied the changes to the directory. But when it finished applying the changes, I went to properties again, and Read-only was again checked, essentially disregarding the changes it had just applied. The folder being read-only seems like a likely culprit for the problem, but I don't understand why it would be re-checking the read-only box after applying the changes. I've never encountered that problem before, but browsing online it seems there are a lot of other people with the same problem with Win7, where it won't let you make a folder not-read-only. I am the only user/account on the machine, I am the administrator. I went through the motions of checking the security permissions, and it should be fine. However, I am not even sure that the read-only issue is the problem, as my MVP '94 will work with the schedule updater, and it is also a read-only directory. It's also weird that the folders are read-only, but I am able to add and edit files within the folders. I'm going to try a reinstall of MVP 12 with a clean MVP install now and see if I can rebuild from the ground up. Thanks for the advice!

SUCCESS!

Just as with many times before, a clean install solved the problem. What I did: a clean install of MVP 2005, followed by install of MVP 12, followed by both MVP 12 patches, and a copying of the schedule updater folder from MVP '94 solved the problem. Thanks for the help!

• 2 months later...

SUCCESS!

Just as with many times before, a clean install solved the problem. What I did: a clean install of MVP 2005, followed by install of MVP 12, followed by both MVP 12 patches, and a copying of the schedule updater folder from MVP '94 solved the problem. Thanks for the help!

tried the same , still no luck , you sure you didnt do any other stuff ?

what do you mean by "copying of the schedule update Folder" ?

isnt the ScheduleUpdater.exe all thats needed ?

Hi,

Since the last post, I have begun installing MVP to a folder on the desktop instead of within the usual EA Sports file directory. That was the thing that helped me fix most of the problems I was having with MVP. You are correct in that you don't need to copy a whole directory for the Year Changer, as it is just an EXE file, but I tend to copy whole folders of components I add to games to keep straight what I have added. Currently I run the year changer from the desktop for whichever MVP mod I am playing and it works great.

Hi,

Since the last post, I have begun installing MVP to a folder on the desktop instead of within the usual EA Sports file directory. That was the thing that helped me fix most of the problems I was having with MVP. You are correct in that you don't need to copy a whole directory for the Year Changer, as it is just an EXE file, but I tend to copy whole folders of components I add to games to keep straight what I have added. Currently I run the year changer from the desktop for whichever MVP mod I am playing and it works great.

copying it to the desktop (MVP and ScheduleChanger.exe ) didn't help.

You probably did something else too.

• 2 weeks later...