Which Pitcher Has The Fastest Fastball And...

BaseballMan

Usually when u go to the details of the pitcher, the ones with the highest numbers next to their pitch would have the best. Its pretty much an average of speed and movement.

The numbers in the game really don't reflect the accurate velocities of the pitchers' pitches...I mean, Carlos Zambrano throws regularly at 98-99, yet the game has his fastball at 94 or so.

Well, the pitcher today with the highest velocity on his fastball is Gagne, who can get up to 102 mph...All-time= Nolan Ryan.

I have a guy on my minor league team that can hit 100 (john verlander). Also a reliever that hits 99 (cappelan or something like that). However speed does not equal good. Verlander can give up alot of homers on "perfect pitches" on the corners. In my dynasty I faced, Pedro, Randy Johnson, then Rogers Clemens back to back to back. Johnson was by far the toughest (his slider is very wicked)he one hit me, but luckily my hit was a homer by Pujols and i won. The next game I faced tim wakefield, and I would much rather hit 102mph fastballs than try to hit those damn knucleballs. The guys that give me the most problems are the ones that have like a 95+mph 4 seamer then a <90mph 2 seamer. By the time i distinguish the pitch usually its too late.

Lidge hits 100 on occasion and his slider moves a ton as well.

Oliver Perez slider also has great movement

There is a minor league pitcher in the cleveland system (his name might be adam miller) who throws 100

From MVPEdit:

100mph+:

Nolan Ryan, Walter Johnson (Legends/Heroes)

Erick Threets (Fresno Grizzlies)

99mph:

Bob Feller, Sachel Paige (Legends/Heroes)

Greg Aquino (Arizona Diamondbacks)

98mph:

Jay Altman (Lancaster JetHawks)

Yhency Brazoban (Los Angeles Dodgers)

Jarrod Burcie (Bakersfield Blaze)

Jose Capellan (Nashville Sounds)

Matt Chen (Akron Aeros)

Tim Fassero (Lancaster JetHawks)

Frank Francisco (Texas Rangers)

Bob Gibson (Heroes)

Bobby Jenks (Charlotte Knights)

Randy Johnson (New York Yankees)

Ricardo Julio (Springfield Cardinals)

Brad Lidge (Houston Astros)

Adam Miller (Akron Aeros)

Justin Verlander (Erie Seawolves)

Slider Movement:

99:

Gaylord Perry (Heroes)

Francisco Rodriguez (Anaheim Angels of Los San Diego Oakland Angeles)

Randy Johnson (New York Yankees)

Brad Lidge (Houston Astros)

95:

Bob Gibson (Heroes)

Jeff Nelson (Seattle Mariners)

Oliver Perez (Pittsburgh Pirates)

Hope that helps. There's a good chance some of the 98mph guys are fake players, but I'm not too sure. I can't even remember which roster set I'm using these days.

Archived