The Official MVPSavReader Thread

Trues

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

author=Rich link=board=Bugs&num

I'm making some changes right now for your 3012 error. I'll have something out this afternoon fixing this and a few other things, including the overflow error on the standings page.

Well, it won't create League Standings, or League Leaders pages, nor will it create Team Home Pages...but everything else seems to create okay.

The only other thing I've noticed so far is that it's showing the regular season as 2004, and the playoffs as 2005 (I'm in the midst of the playoffs now).

I need to do some more work on owner mode. I got it to work with a couple of files, but obviously, there's more work that needs to be done. I bought the PC version of MVP 2005 tonight, so that will help me a lot. Look for more owner mode compatibility soon. I'll probably release a new version that fixes Firefox bugs and some of the runtime and overflow errors you guys have been getting sometime tomorrrow.

- Rich

I bought the PC version of MVP 2005 tonight, so that will help me a lot. Look for more owner mode compatibility soon. I'll probably release a new version that fixes Firefox bugs and some of the runtime and overflow errors you guys have been getting sometime tomorrrow.

- Rich

Which version where you playing on previously? PS2? I play on the xbox myself.

Glad you're tackling owner mode, can't imagine the amount of work that's already gone into this. In asking for this or that feature, folks tend to forget you actually accomplished 3 major things here...:

- You're the first this year to actually been able to read the sav file.

- You programmed an app that reads, sorts, calculates and is compatible with all gaming platforms, that's a feat in itself... Also added nice features that weren't available in last years' save reader.

- Your savereader outputs individual player pages and a host of individual files in short time, and in a clean presentation (including style sheets! nice..).. and this with room for optimization to boot lol

Fantastic

I need to do some more work on owner mode. I got it to work with a couple of files, but obviously, there's more work that needs to be done. I bought the PC version of MVP 2005 tonight, so that will help me a lot. Look for more owner mode compatibility soon. I'll probably release a new version that fixes Firefox bugs and some of the runtime and overflow errors you guys have been getting sometime tomorrrow.

- Rich

One thing i noticed with the player pics is that the pitchers pics are alot bigger and cleaner-looking than the positional players. I think the pitchers are 90x135 and the players are 65x98.

Wasnt sure if this was intentional or not but IMO the bigger ones look perfect! Plus they are the same size that MLB.com uses for their player pics. It makes it real easy to add them into your program! :lol:

EDIT: I just noticed that the player pics are 2 different sizes; on the main player page they are 65x98 and when you look at the players rating page they are the same size as the pichers (90x135).

One thing i noticed with the player pics is that the pitchers pics are alot bigger and cleaner-looking than the positional players. I think the pitchers are 90x135 and the players are 65x98.

Wasnt sure if this was intentional or not but IMO the bigger ones look perfect! Plus they are the same size that MLB.com uses for their player pics. It makes it real easy to add them into your program! :lol:

I've been messing with player pic's some tonight and the photo's from espn fit nicely. They are 65x90. So far I've ripped the Phillies, Braves, and Marlins.

Dynasty Page

for some reason my comp is selectively not displaying pictures. i cant tell if they linked properly. in case they did not i put in a link to the actual file uunder where the pic should have been.

----------------

First of all, great job. My god I got this program today and spent an hour playing with it (instead of studying for a trig final, so I had to temporarily uninstall it). When I use it I find a few errors. My test dynasty was a dynasty that I had set on easy and juiced the sliders in my favor and I had created the Jacob Paterson player. I kind of wanted to see how the game played as an arcade. So, Paterson has 115 homers and whenever I try to export his stats I get this:

picture1.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/waterboy100_97/picture1.JPG

Is there some limit for hr's, 2b's, or 3b's in the SavReader?

Next, I click o.k. and the program quits and I try to run it again. It usually loads. Then I tried to export everything under the middle (team category). I checked all the boxes, the "all teams" box, and yes to "list player detail." after a while I get the same error (see above); if it is important the team it is compiling is the Burnaby Argonauts.

I have also gotten an error like this:

picture2.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/waterboy100_97/picture2.JPG

I have not been able to figure out the rhyme or reason to this error so I was hoping that maybe you will be able to help with this. Once I get this error I can never compile another team home page. So this is when I grab my hair and rip at it.

Two, small, last, problems:

When I look at the compiled webpage's I get this error if I click on a link:

picture3.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/waterboy100_97/picture3.JPG

It seems to me that this is because the webpage source reads "c:whateverwhateversavreader" instead of "file://c:whateverwhateversavreader" but that is just my humble opinion. Other people could probably help me with that by telling me if they get the same error.

The last problem is the color scheme. When I look at my webpage's the background is all white and the pictures do not load; even the triangles for the box scores. Also, the blue on blue text at the top of the page (the links to the other pages) is not doing my eyes any favors. Ditto to the gray-on-gray status bar at the bottom of the main program window.

-------------

Once I have gotten my bitching out of the way I wanted to compliment you. This is a bitchin' program and one of the best add-ons I have seen for MVP 2005. I would gladly contribute (and gladly will- next Friday, when I get my paycheck). I love this program like the child that I have not had yet and I hope you can fix or (lets be honest, I know you are working for free, address) the problems I brought up. With them solved I would say that you have the best add on program for MVP and would gladly award you infinity out of 5 stars.

-----------sorry if this is disjointed i am writing at 10:30 and my mind is mush from trig.

for some reason my comp is selectively not displaying pictures. i cant tell if they linked properly. in case they did not i put in a link to the actual file uunder where the pic should have been.

----------------

First of all, great job. My god I got this program today and spent an hour playing with it (instead of studying for a trig final, so I had to temporarily uninstall it). When I use it I find a few errors. My test dynasty was a dynasty that I had set on easy and juiced the sliders in my favor and I had created the Jacob Paterson player. I kind of wanted to see how the game played as an arcade. So, Paterson has 115 homers and whenever I try to export his stats I get this:

picture1.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/waterboy100_97/picture1.JPG

Is there some limit for hr's, 2b's, or 3b's in the SavReader?

Next, I click o.k. and the program quits and I try to run it again. It usually loads. Then I tried to export everything under the middle (team category). I checked all the boxes, the "all teams" box, and yes to "list player detail." after a while I get the same error (see above); if it is important the team it is compiling is the Burnaby Argonauts.

I have also gotten an error like this:

picture2.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/waterboy100_97/picture2.JPG

I have not been able to figure out the rhyme or reason to this error so I was hoping that maybe you will be able to help with this. Once I get this error I can never compile another team home page. So this is when I grab my hair and rip at it.

Two, small, last, problems:

When I look at the compiled webpage's I get this error if I click on a link:

picture3.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/waterboy100_97/picture3.JPG

It seems to me that this is because the webpage source reads "c:whateverwhateversavreader" instead of "file://c:whateverwhateversavreader" but that is just my humble opinion. Other people could probably help me with that by telling me if they get the same error.

The last problem is the color scheme. When I look at my webpage's the background is all white and the pictures do not load; even the triangles for the box scores. Also, the blue on blue text at the top of the page (the links to the other pages) is not doing my eyes any favors. Ditto to the gray-on-gray status bar at the bottom of the main program window.

-------------

Once I have gotten my bitching out of the way I wanted to compliment you. This is a bitchin' program and one of the best add-ons I have seen for MVP 2005. I would gladly contribute (and gladly will- next Friday, when I get my paycheck). I love this program like the child that I have not had yet and I hope you can fix or (lets be honest, I know you are working for free, address) the problems I brought up. With them solved I would say that you have the best add on program for MVP and would gladly award you infinity out of 5 stars.

-----------sorry if this is disjointed i am writing at 10:30 and my mind is mush from trig.

Thanks for the compliments! I think that I've got most of your issues addressed in the next release. Can you send me your .sav file at mvpsavreader@yahoo.com so I can straighten out your stats problems?

That goes for anyone having stats issues. Send me you saves and tell me what is wrong (the correct stats would help me a ton) and I'll get these things fixed.

- Rich

Which version where you playing on previously? PS2? I play on the xbox myself.

PS2.

Glad you're tackling owner mode, can't imagine the amount of work that's already gone into this. In asking for this or that feature, folks tend to forget you actually accomplished 3 major things here...:

- You're the first this year to actually been able to read the sav file.

- You programmed an app that reads, sorts, calculates and is compatible with all gaming platforms, that's a feat in itself... Also added nice features that weren't available in last years' save reader.

- Your savereader outputs individual player pages and a host of individual files in short time, and in a clean presentation (including style sheets! nice..).. and this with room for optimization to boot lol

Fantastic

Thanks! There's so much I want to do with this thing, but my day job, family, and time will make progress slower than I'd like. Hang in there everyone!

- Rich

Rich,

The program you've created is remarkable. It's the best add-on I've seen for the MVP series. Your time and efforts are appreciated in producing an excellent program. Hopefully, your efforts will be rewarded by those that can say "thank you" monetarily.

One question - before all is said and done is there a chance for you to produce "sortables" with respect to all of the statistics. If you can't that's fine, just asking. :)

not if this question has been answered? i wan to know how to get the picture to show of the players.. I have the most everything else working. but no picture.. is there a MVPSavReader for dummies coming soon to a forum near by? :wink: :wink:

One question - before all is said and done is there a chance for you to produce "sortables" with respect to all of the statistics. If you can't that's fine, just asking. :)

I would like to see this as well. I know there is some simple javascript that would enable sortable columns.

new version came out today.

http://www.mvpmods.com/modules.php?...load&cid=22#cat

1.0.5 6/1/05

Fixed overflow 6 error on team and standings pages that occurs when 2nd place team has less losses than the leader

Fixed TempSQLxxx already exists error

Firefox compatibility fixed

Fixed bug with schedule creation for all teams in league

Fixed bug with players with ' in name (D'Angelo, D'Amico) on page creation

Fixed 128+ saves bug

History stats order changed (to fix minors stats showing up under pictures when player is in majors)

Added bold for batting title qualifiers in team stats page

Removed any players with 0 PAs from team stats page

Reduced size of team stats pages

Small .css file changes

Added column borders for team stats in preparation for sorting

.ini file stylesheets variable changed (no more file:/// needed

Yeah, iporting owner mode still hangs at reading historical data, although when I restsrt it I'm able to create some pages.

Yeah, owner mode still doesn't work right. I need to do some more research on the files. Hopefully I can get it right for the next release.

RichK

anyway to make the html viewable offline too without having a web site.

i can view the html offline but the links are dark blue. very hard to read and all the background team pages is white.

if you view people html they did with your program on a web site it looks great.

thanks

This is how I did it, and I am no genius computer guru. Forive me too if I have trouble following the readme, although I can tell he know his stuff.

When I opened the .ini file (Programs-MVPSavReader-MVPSavRE (config settings), the variables were already set. So I didn't change anything.

I grabbed my dynasty .sav from My Document MVP Baseball 2005

Took out the testpcd file from the MVPSavReader folder and renamed my dynasty .sav file to testpcd.

And it worked. I might have done things the long way, but it worked.

Great looking stuff!

I just changed the path in the INI file to my the my dynasty was in and it worked

Archived