The Big, Nasty, All-encompassing Faq List!

MarkB

got the last version of mvpedit, got the patch 1 and got the file to fixed the mscomctl.ocx error... But still get the same error...

When click to run the libraryfiles.exe, a window appear and disappear almost in same time... Do i'm doing something wrong???

Thanks... Would like ti use mvpedit!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I am also having this problem.

I also get an error.

After double clicking on the database file, in the "Dat Directory", and it ask me where to save, I highlight the MVPedit folder. It then asks me that "File exists. Ok to overwrite?"

I click Ok, then get the following error screen:

" Run Time error '3163':"

"The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data."

Ok, got it to work by using the ".mbe" file.

Question: How can I change a team's total payroll?

I believe the team's total payroll is set when you begin your dynasty. I think it's something like 110% of the total salary of all of your players.

You can change the team's total payroll (during a season) with my .dat exporter and importer though.

Using the ".mbe" file, I make a number of changes.

But when I restart the game and start a new dynasty, the changes are not there. I load the correct rosters, but the changes do not show.

The ".mbe" file has changed, but it's as if the ".dat" files have not.

I can't get the ".dat" files to load in MVPedit.

Any help?

Downloading modification programs

Where can I download BIGGUI?

From here.

Where can I download EA Graphics Editor?

From here.

Where can I download GFXPAK?

From here.

Where can I download FshEd?

From here.

Where can I download nFSHTool?

From here.

Where can I download OEdit and ORD Tools?

From here.

Where can I download the DF Compression Utility?

From here.

Of the above links, only the link to OEdit works. All the others give an error message saying that the "file does not exist."

• 1 month later...

Since I'm still helping people with this on a fairly frequent basis, I just decided to type it all up for you and put it in your format and you can just copy in paste it in. I'm spelling stutter both ways because I know many misspell it and this will help it turn up in the search function more. :)

Gameplay is choppy and stutters/studders. How do I fix this?

First, make sure you're MVP 05 game has all the latest Official EA patches. Patch #3 had a fix that solved choppy gameplay issues for many users here. If that still doesn't work try the following steps in the Low Detail Section:

My Player Detail is stuck on "Low" and won't change. How do I fix this?

1. Download 3d analyze v2.0, which you can get here

Note: You MUST use version 2.0. The others do not work for MVP.

2. Open the program, and select the mvp.exe (Default location is C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005), and look for Misc on the right side and where it says "countdown for disable rendering/disable state swiches in seconds" and input "0" in.

3. Run the game from 3d analyze.

4. In the in-game option menu, make sure helmet reflections are off. It wont work unless they are off.

Finally, here is a screenshot of what it should look like.

5. Now, back in 3d analyze, feel free to select other options to improve gameplay. There is an option to "remove stuttering/studdering" but some users found subsequent gameplay to be too fast. Experiemnt with different configurations to find what works best for you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't seem to find the answer to this Question in the forums. In MVPedit. When using the scales that go from 0 to 15 for things such as Plate Discipline, and Bunting, and Fielding; What are the corresponding values in the game? Is it just 100 / 15 so a 2 is 13? Or how does that work? I'm too lazy to look it up in the game for each value, so if anyone knows off hand, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Currently, I am working on a roster set for the PC, in hopes of soon getting that version of the game. I'd also like to add in career stats, but that isn't exactly working for me.

Would I need the Lahman database or something like that, or could I manually do that myself?

Doing it manually would probably kill you. It's much easier to update it with Lahman (www.lahman.com) and adding by using MVPedit