Roger Maris Cyberface

Padres67

Capa, I never crapa-ed (joke, wonder if it will be allowed) on your rosters. The thing is, I felt alot of the faces in the first set were rushed, so I think you're picking on AlexTony more than you're picking on me. That's not really fair, as he has tried really hard to do good work here. I wish i could have done more by now but I've had repeated computer craashes and am in the middle of replacing just about all the innards of my computer at nights while I work at a major publisher helping design books during the day (through next week at least).

Jewgrass is one of those fans who paid fifty bucks to call the people he looks up to bad names. Like he'll go yell at Jeter that he's stuck up because he doesn't want to hang with Mr. Jewgrass or something. He paid his money, let him yell.

Does anyone know who linked to my Gerl 209 Dress-Up Doll Kit recently? It seems to have been removed, but I can see in my web records that someone here linked to it. Since it's been deleted, I'm thinking it was an attempt at being insulting. Actually, I appreciate the publicity. There's even a web site created by right-wing operatives smearing me on the web. I've never tried to get it taken down or anything, it casts me as a bad-*** and girls have been alot nicer to me since they put up that site telling people to be scared of me, haha. I'd link to it but it's not for children, they curse and scream and lie alot, but it's a belly laugh riot. One of the authors is being written about now by Harve Pekar in his forthcoming book, "Hubris and Ego," so now you know there is someone with a bigger ego than mine.

AlexTony and I have been working Total Classics since the game came out, and both of us have a long history of classic teams previous to MVP. He is a cyber-friend and does excelent work.

But I stand firm...whoever did the Maris face missed big time. Whether you or Tony. But that's ok...some of my classic rosters need tweaking as well. So its a wash.

So, no you have not crapa-ed on my rosters...and I appreciate both the play on words and the sentiment. However, I hope bad cyber faces are not in the future referred to as "pulling a Bernard".

: )

Smile...it's only a game...

C

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Capa, I did the faces, but many were rushed. If you don't like Maris, have you looked at Shoeless Joe? it's like a cartoon version of Shoeless Joe. I've since done better-colored versions of Willie Mays and Tony Oliva (Willie was too red and Tony was too green) but they may have been lost in one of the recent computer crashes. I think I sent copies to Uncle Mo but I may be remembering wrong, it's been a hectic month.

BTW, thanks again JG, I love all the fans, even the "anti-fans," who are usually even more obsessed than the "pro-fans."

Maybe these have been done and I've missed them. Two guys I'd really like to see would be Roberto Clemente and Stan Musial. Just a thought. Modding is a lot of work and I appreciate *anyones* efforts at it. :wtg: I mod for my own enjoyment and if I can make some other folks happy that's all I can ask.

Clemente looks great. Is he available anywhere? Peter - I use face 386. I have no idea if this would be a good fit but just thought I'd share it. I picked it cuz of the red hair and facial expression.

Peter - I use face 386. I have no idea if this would be a good fit but just thought I'd share it. I picked it cuz of the red hair and facial expression.

Well I don't know when I would have time to do more faces anyway. Also, I've asked Fuzz to leave my work out of his next old-timers thing. I did as many faces as could at their request, I was the only one doing faces last time, then I get stabbed in the back by guys like Capa who only do rosters and not artwork. A real "team player," that Capa. Then Capa accuses ME of "hitting below the belt." And I'm not even mad at Capa, he behaves better than some others.

It's not worth it in any sense.

If I do more stuff to upload to this site, it would probably either be faces alone or faces with my own roster setup. So there's a good chance I just won't do anything else for here.

Well I don't know when I would have time to do more faces anyway. Also, I've asked Fuzz to leave my work out of his next old-timers thing. I did as many faces as could at their request, I was the only one doing faces last time, then I get stabbed in the back by guys like Capa who only do rosters and not artwork. A real "team player," that Capa. Then Capa accuses ME of "hitting below the belt." And I'm not even mad at Capa, he behaves better than some others.

It's not worth it in any sense.

If I do more stuff to upload to this site, it would probably either be faces alone or faces with my own roster setup. So there's a good chance I just won't do anything else for here.

Spoken like a true mercenary. I know you'll find it hard to believe, Peter, but somehow we will all go on without you.

Oh yeah, I really took a dig at you by saying the Maris face was screwed up, huh? You need thicker skin my man...

C

hey, for a guy who's a writer and a guy who's a project manager -- u guys do sure have a lot of free time on your hands.

just cut it out, everyone go their seperate ways.

now i know this might be hard to believe -- but how about actually playing Total Classics or modding or getting back to the real world instead of going back and forth like disgruntled gentlemen.

I have sent out a Total Classics Email to Team Classic Members, refer to that regarding what's going on.

Fine by me Fuzz...but f you think I am not going to respond to people who take a swipe at me in a public forum, you are incorrect sir. I won't start anything, but I will defend my honor! ; )

I agree...back to baseball please...

Archived