World Baseball Classic

deadballfan

Just a quick update.

I've finished the Mexico and Australia rosters. Doing a few more tests on ratings and it should be ready to go for now. Hope to release a beta 2 version by the weekend. I've added the portraits posted by wedss for Jeff Williams, Craig Anderson, and Brett Roneberg. Trent Oeltjen has a portrait after updating my portrait.big with the latest Total Portraits packs. Sonickim sent great portraits of Campos, Garcia, and Valenzuela. So here's the list of who's left to do with the numbers I've assigned on the roster; I'll include any in the beta 2 that I receive through Thursday:

AUSTRALIA

9502 Fingelson

9503 Kingman

9504 Craig Lewis

9505 Utting

9506 Van Buizen

MEXICO

9511 Arredondo

9512 Carrillo

9513 Javier Robles

9514 Velasquez

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

En Español...

Para cuando creen que tengan listo los equipos de la serie mundial de béisbol, todos con sus respectivos jugadores i uniformes respectivos, que posibilidad hay de la serie mundial se monte en el juego como una sección aparte para jugarla solo con los 16 equipos…ya que solo jugar juegos amistosos viendo la selección de la preferencia del usuario divierte pero no tanto….es mas emocionante jugar con tu equipo predilecto hasta donde clasifique…

En Igles (disculpen la traduccion)

For when they believe that they have clever the teams of the world series of baseball, all with their respective players i respective uniforms that possibility is of the world series are mounted in the game like a separate section to play it alone with the 16 teams

Yes, I need portraits and I need to verify how each of them bat and throw (which hand? any switch hitters? weird batting stance? exceptional or really bad arm?).

I'm testing some ratings now based on their World Cup stats compared to the more established players like Huber, Durrington and Morrissey. Small sample size though. Any opinions on how they compare in speed, power and contact compared to those 3 would be helpful in finetuning. Faster/slower/same speed? more/less/same power? better/same/worse contact hitter? (i like to look at average and K/AB ratio)

Note that the birthday is listed as DD/MM/YY

Kingman

Number: 36

B/T: R/R

D.O.B: 22.05.73

He hits for both average and power. Defense and speed wise he reminds me of Darin Erstad.

Lewis

Number: 26

D.O.B: 30.12.76

Hits for good average, not the speediest guy around but can steal a bag, can hit it out of the park but plays for average. Solid defense ont he corners.

Fingleson

Number: 4

B/T: S/R

D.O.B: 05.08.76

Reminds me of Loretta, speed defense and power wise, not as good contact though.

Utting

Number: 17

B/T: S/R

D.O.B: 09.09.77

Util who hits for average, remind me most of Jose Vizcaino but with more arm strength and slightly better speed

Rodney van Buizen

Number: 6

D.O.B: 25.09.80

Speedy defensive shortstop who hits for average with a bit of power. Similar to Adam Everett with better contact.

Hope that helps.

First, a big thank you for all the help with ratings, pictures, and portraits and all the suggestions and compliments.

I'm looking at a beta 2 release early on Friday that will add Mexico and Australia. I'll be testing some more today and use tomorrow to make any changes, rewrite the readme and piece together some fresh screenshots.

Please start thinking about which teams to work on next. The entire Asian bracket is left, along with South Africa, Italy, Cuba, Panama, and the Netherlands; plus any other nations that might be workable (especially those with current or future major leaguers, Nicaragua & Columbia come to mind). I'm a little busy next week but Thanksgiving week is open so this would be a good time for planning and gathering information before starting on part 3 later in the month.

I would suggest Japan next. They might be the most competitive of the remaining teams, and there are a fair amount of major leaguers that will apply to the roster. At least this way we can have one of the Asian teams included.

But that's just my biased opinion, since I'm a huge fan of their league. :D

Can you give a few more details? Does the game crash or is there an error packing one of the portraits? Or do you just need a walkthrough on installing portraits in portrait.big using EAGraph?

If it's a walkthrough you need, EAGraph can be found here.

Use it to add portraits to portrait.big in the MVPdatafrontend folder. (I'd make a backup just in case.)

Open EAGraph, Go to Tools -> Import Wizard

Select "Add files to external TAR archive.", then click Next

Click Browse under "Specify new or existing TAR". Find the portrait.big in MVPdatafrontend. Click on the filename, then on the Open button.

Then click the Add... button under "Build a list of files to add to the TAR" and select (multi-select using CTRL key) the fsh files from the WBC package. Then click Open.

Then click Next.

Let the program do its thing and it will tell you when it's finished. There's an OK or Finished button at the end (can't remember what the last one is called) and you should be all set.

For when they believe that they have clever the teams of the world series of baseball, all with their respective players i respective uniforms that possibility is of the world series are mounted in the game like a separate section to play it alone with the 16 teams

If I'm following the translation correctly, you want to be able to play with just the WBC teams in dynasty mode either with a full season or some sort of schedule simulating the World Baseball Classic. I hadn't really thought about alignment and any season play yet. All the teams are in Class A, but there's no alignment by league or division. I picked the team slot to use based on the number of letters in the team name matching up.

Anyone know if rosters can be frozen using a dynasty mode with all cpu trades, injuries, suspensions, etc off and it won't call people up? And is the playoff system for each league hard coded into the game or can it be edited in the schedule.big?

I would suggest Japan next. They might be the most competitive of the remaining teams, and there are a fair amount of major leaguers that will apply to the roster. At least this way we can have one of the Asian teams included.

But that's just my biased opinion, since I'm a huge fan of their league.

Assuming all is well with beta 2, I'll try to start Japan and maybe Korea during the first part of Thanksgiving week. Any suggestions on who people want to see included on the rosters would be helpful.

I've been trying to stay close to this alignment, but of course, it depends on the team.

11 pitchers, 2 catchers, 7 infielders, 5 outfielders

Here are a few lists to throw around regarding rosters ...

Baseball America made a list of projected starting lineups for the 16 teams back in May that can be found here. Here's what they had for Japan and Korea:

JAPAN

C - Kenji Jojima, 1B - Nobuhiko Matsunaka, 2B - Tadahito Iguchi, 3B - Michihiro Ogasawara, SS - Kazuo Matsui, LF - Kosuke Fukudome, CF - Hideki Matsui, RF - Ichiro Suzuki, DH - Norihiro Nakamura, SP - Daisuke Matsuzaka, SP - Koji Uehara, SP - Hideo Nomo, SP - Tomo Ohka, RP - Shingo Takatsu

KOREA

C - Seung-heun Hong, 1B - Seung-yeop Lee, 2B - Kyung-hwan Ahn, 3B - Dong-soo Kim, SS - Sae-wan Hong, LF - Joon-hyuk Yang, CF - Jeong-bum Lee, RF - Jong-soo Shim, DH - Hee-seop Choi, SP - Jae-weong Seo, SP - Chan-ho Park, SP - Myung-hwan Park, SP - Min-tae Chong, RP - Byung-yung Kim

And here's the Japanese roster from the MLB-Japan series in November of 2004:

P - Koji Uehara, Daisuke Matuzaka, Kei Igawa, Nagisa Arakaki, Hisashi Iwakuma, Shunsuke Watanabe, Hiroyuki Kobayashi, Takeharu Kato, Ryota Igarashi, Koji Mise, Yukiya Yokoyama, Hirotoshi Ishii, Kazuo Yamaguchi

C - Kenji Jojima, Atsuya Furuta, Shinnosuke Abe

IF - Kazuya Fukuura, Toshihisa Nishi, Makoto Imaoka, Michihiro Ogasawara, Akinori Iwamura, Hirokazu Ibata, Hiroyuki Nakajima

OF - Kazuhiro Wada, Norihiro Akahoshi, Shigenobu Shima, Hitoshi Tamura, Takahiro Saeki

If I'm following the translation correctly, you want to be able to play with just the WBC teams in dynasty mode either with a full season or some sort of schedule simulating the World Baseball Classic. I hadn't really thought about alignment and any season play yet. All the teams are in Class A, but there's no alignment by league or division. I picked the team slot to use based on the number of letters in the team name matching up

that is correct my appreciated friend Deadballfan, the idea is that each player plays the world glass with the team of his preference, respecting the calendar and the qualification of the same one :lol: :lol:

this doesnt seem to work even when i have placed the correct files in the correct folders. can anyone help me with this? i see no changes the teams are the same

Please look at the Stockton Ports for me. They're in Class A of the Oakland A's. This team is supposed to be Team USA with the changes. We'll address the name and logo in a minute. The main thing to check is the roster. Are the pitchers minor leaguers or do they include Carpenter, Clemens, and Randy Johnson? If they're minor leaguers, you can stop here and then I need you to post exactly what you did and the exact folder names you put stuff in. If they are the Team USA pitchers, continue to the next paragraph.

If you're reading this, the players are at least installed. If the name isn't Team USA and the logo doesn't include a US flag, the 2 loc files and the logo.big aren't in the right spot, try again. Did you copy files from the zip file or did you use MVP Edit and the mbe file? Please note that MVP Edit does nothing to the logos and names. The other files still would have to be copied to the correct directories.

Please look at the Stockton Ports for me. They're in Class A of the Oakland A's. This team is supposed to be Team USA with the changes. We'll address the name and logo in a minute. The main thing to check is the roster. Are the pitchers minor leaguers or do they include Carpenter, Clemens, and Randy Johnson? If they're minor leaguers, you can stop here and then I need you to post exactly what you did and the exact folder names you put stuff in. If they are the Team USA pitchers, continue to the next paragraph.

If you're reading this, the players are at least installed. If the name isn't Team USA and the logo doesn't include a US flag, the 2 loc files and the logo.big aren't in the right spot, try again. Did you copy files from the zip file or did you use MVP Edit and the mbe file? Please note that MVP Edit does nothing to the logos and names. The other files still would have to be copied to the correct directories.

Checked the Stockton Ports and the logo team name and rosters are unchanged

Checked the Stockton Ports and the logo team name and rosters are unchanged

Well, at this point, as long as you're 100% sure that the files are in the right spot, I'm not sure what to suggest. I think there is a reset to default rosters setting in the game in the roster manager but that wouldn't explain why the names or logos are unchanged.

How did you extract the zip file? Windows explorer? WinZip? WinRAR? Certain programs will create a subfolder if you were extracting files direct to their appropriate directories. For example the correct .loc files could be in subdirectory named loc when the 2 files should simply be in <MVP directory>data

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

The venues for next year's inaugural World Baseball Classic were settled on Wednesday when it was announced that six first-round games have been scheduled for Cracker Jack Stadium at Disney Wide World of Sports in the Orlando area on March 8-11.

The other first-round pools are scheduled for the Tokyo Dome (March 3-6), Hiram Bithorn Stadium in San Juan, P.R., and Chase Field [formerly Bank One] and Scottsdale Stadium in the Phoenix area. Both the latter pools will be played concurrently with the pool in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

The second round runs from on March 13-15 in Puerto Rico and Angel Stadium in Anaheim, with the semifinals and finals at San Diego's PETCO Park from March 18-20.

Host stadiums for the WBC tournament have been finalized.

Also, in other international baseball news, congrats to USA, Canada, Nicaragua, and Panama who are advancing to the Americas Qualifying Tournament next August to compete for at least 2 Olympic spots (website).

Archived