MVP in widescreen!

Go Tribe

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any way just to change the screen size? Can i change my 17" Widescreen resolution of 1440X900 to 1024X768 and have like small black bars on the left/right side? I really hate how the image looks, their faces and bodies are so stretched out it looks retarded and i have no urge to play it. Any advice?

The game doesn't even support widescreen resolutions unless they are hacked into the exe, so I'm guessing your monitor should have a setting in its on-screen display that you can change to force the correct aspect ratio of the resolution your using. If you can't find a setting like that on your monitor, then it should be in your video card settings.

Well my monitor has the option of using the aspect ratio(black bars on the side) of the resolution, or to fill the screen (stretched). Those options are IN the monitor, they are not controlled by the computer. My video card control panel also has an option, but the video card option never worked for me. The setting shouldn't have anything to do with an actual resolution, so changing the destop resolution should not fix the stretched problem that you are having.

Ya i have a laptop so the screen doesn't really have any physical way to change it. If i used the .exe hack with those codes would it change anything? I just want to make it so the screen isnt stretched way out of porportion and the players actually look like humans and not some deformed alien.

Why does it crash to desktop for me when i follow the instructions properly?

Does the ingame menu work? This is the problem i am having, i did it right, i have done it a couple of times. The game menu is ok, but once i start a game it attempts to go to the loading screen and then crashes to the desktop. Do i have to have the .exe on the exact res of my monitor? My monitor is 1440X900 but my .exe is edited to the widescreengaming forums suggestions which is a bit higher

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1600 in hex is 640

1200 in hex is 4B0

so for 1600x1200 string would be

04 b0 00 00 06 40

now convert to little endian

40 06 00 00 b0 04

so

Find (ctrl + F) ' 20 03 00 00 58 02 '

Overwrite it with ' 40 06 00 00 b0 04 '

now if you computer blows up do not blame me

I attempted to edit the .exe file to get my game to run at 1600 x 1200. I found the string that said 20 03 00 00 58 02 & literally typed in the numbers of 40 06 00 00 b0 04 ("b" is a letter, not a number) & saved it (my .exe file changed to today's date) & went ingame & I still see the 800 x 600 choice for resolution. May I ask what I am doing wrong?

Archived