Random Thoughts On A Sunday Morning Updated To 11-19

Yankee4Life

..This is the first Sunday without baseball since April and I miss it already.

..How can I love the NFL and hate it so much at the same time?

..Hey NBA? Go on strike. Who'd miss you?

..I want those Yankees to win so bad at times that it hurts.

..Want proof? The last time the Red Sox were in New York, Cano messed up an easy grounder and I pounded my hand on my couch and I had a bad bruise for about two weeks. I refuse to talk about the pain I had during the Angels series.

..I'm getting old. The other day I was in the video game store with my Oakland Raider hat on. The girl behind the counter saw it and said she was a Raider fan too. She said she liked them from their days in Los Angeles. Then she said "did you know the Raiders played in Oakland before they went to L.A.?" Ahh, yes I did.

..I love watching Smallville, I think it's the best show around.

..My knees are so bad, I dread the winter coming up. The colder it gets, the more brittle they are. There are times when I can't even turn over in bed without crying out in pain. I hope no one in here will ever have knee problems.

..Being married is ok but when your wife's family is living out of town, sometimes you got to go there and spend time there for holidays. This year we got to be in Binghamton, New York for the Thanksgiving holiday. What kind of town is this? They have five radio stations in town. Four of them play country music and the other one does the news.

..That rumor about the A.L. outfielder in the playoffs that got caught on steriods? I just don't want it to be a Yankee. That's all I'm saying.

..Props to the Sox. The White ones, not Red. They deserved it. They had the proper combination to win this year: pitching, hitting and defense with a little luck thrown in.

..I hate ESPN

..A-Rod's going to get no peace until he makes some team pay and pay big in the playoffs. There's no doubt that he's a great regular season hitter. I'm pulling for him.

..Bye bye Bernie Williams, Tom Gordon, Tino Martinez, Kevin Brown and Felix Rodriguez. We'll validate your parking. Now get out. And take Posada with you.

..I'd like to see Ted Lilly and B.J. Ryan wearing Yankee uniforms next year.

..Yeah, I hate the DH more every year. That's one reason why I play my TC3 games with no DH.

..I hate players like Manny Ramirez. And it has nothing to do with him being on that team. He's a hot dog. He has no respect for the game. He hits homers and poses and walks to first. He loafs to first on ground balls.

..And that brings me to Derek Jeter. The anti-Manny.

When I was a kid I wanted to be a ballplayer. I wanted to pitch in Yankee Stadium. The closest I'll get now is to create myself in MVP 2005 and put me on the team. Maybe I will. I'll just release Jaret Wright.

..I really hate politics.

..I don't like college football at all but I like college basketball. That's more exciting then the NBA.

..This is still a great forum despite of some things that go on.

That's it for now.

..And that brings me to Derek Jeter. The anti-Manny.

I don't know, they have about the same range in the field. I still say injecting illegal substances into your body is more disrespectful to the game than just being a spaz, but that's just me. After reading most of a book on the Brooklyn Dodgers, and hearing about what the old ballplayers were like, flipping a bat after a home run is nothing. At least (most players, Mr. Rodriguez excluded) don't actively attempt to injure other players at this point.

Anyway, I'm sick of football at this point, so I'm looking forward to the Celtics season. Got my ridiculously cheap Ricky Davis all primed to go, and I can't wait for the 1.13 Celtics / 6ers game at the Wachovia Center.

football is basically 1/8 as entertaining as baseball, if I miss a game I don't care. Yet missing one out of 162 games is a bigger deal to me. (Even when the Yankees clinch)

I'd like to see Ted Lilly and B.J. Ryan wearing Yankee uniforms next year.

What would the Yanks trade for Lilly? He is a FA next season, I'd love to have him back too. He was one of my favorite players, and all of my favorite players get traded.

if you ever buy a house in south florida, be sure to check with fpl to see if your house is on the same grid as a hospital, fire station, police station or other essentals. you'll get your power first after a hurricane strikes. if you live in the country, get the generator running...it will be a while before power comes back on.

has anyone ever done vitrual trick or treating? i'll have to do that this year, on the count that halloween is cancelled where i live.

if the power is still out by thanksgiving, i could be coming over to a house near you for dinner. (not really)

living without the internet has shown me something...the net is your best friend.

check your cell phone...it may have internet access.

if the saints move to la, i won't cheer for them anymore.

btw, the saints are cursed and have been since day one....

that's it for now.

I don't like college football at all but I like college basketball. That's more exciting then the NBA.

Well said. I love College Basketball so much that I would rank it #3 on my hierarchy of sports (Football and Baseball being better)...It is better than the NBA and better than the joke of a sport known as College Football. At least College basketball was smart enough to create probably one of the best postseason experiences in sports history with March Madness...

8 more days until the start of the college basketball season!

What would the Yanks trade for Lilly? He is a FA next season, I'd love to have him back too. He was one of my favorite players, and all of my favorite players get traded.

Although, he had an off-year, he has a devastating 12-6 curveball, almost as good as Barry Zito's.

Updated to 11-6

...I just saw a recent picture of Hillary Duff yesterday. She looked like she went on the Nicole Ritchie diet. You know, the look that gives you the end result of looking like a walking skeleton?

..Now that baseball season is over I see there are more channels on my DirectTV subscription then the YES Network.

..This forum rules. I'm happy with all the positive comments we've been getting in our Forum Fanatics-Mod Squad thread.

..It's been another fast year, hasn't it?

..Speaking of which, on TV the other night was a Christmas movie called "Elf" with Will Ferrell. Yeah, I know that Christmas is next month, but this is just too early. Besides, the bits and pieces that I watched just confirmed my opinion that Will Ferrell sucks. That movie was terrible.

..One more thing about that big holiday next month. Last year a radio station around here started playing Christmas music non stop 24 hours a day starting November 11th. I hear they plan on doing it again. I like Christmas music, but not that early or that much.

..I wonder when the first free agent is going to be signed?

..I sure wouldn't complain if the Yankees gave Bubba Crosby a chance in center field next year.

..My God I hope this winter isn't bad. My knees are so bad that the colder it gets the more brittle they are.

..I'd like to wake up one day and find out that the FOX network is no longer involved with baseball telecasts. Never has anyone done it so bad. I feel bad for you guys in here that are young enough not to have seen NBC do these games. They were the best.

That's it for now.

Damn I missed the NBC days. When I got hooked on baseball it was back after 9/11 in 2001...missed bob costas and joe morgan :(

And I am still extremely angry about the Hokies undefeated season going down in flames last night. Although Miami had a good defense and played well Vick was 1 of 10 in the first half and the offense couldn't get it going. Absolutely pathetic effort.

..I sure wouldn't complain if the Yankees gave Bubba Crosby a chance in center field next year.

Neither would I.

..I'd like to wake up one day and find out that the FOX network is no longer involved with baseball telecasts. Never has anyone done it so bad. I feel bad for you guys in here that are young enough not to have seen NBC do these games. They were the best.

Sean McDonough is still the best baseball announcer i've ever heard. It was an absolute blessing that I was able to hear McDonough and Remy together for so many years in the late 90s / early 2ks, since they were perfect together. I'll never forget the day they tied Petey to the post in the dugout. Those were the days.

Updated to 11-13

..The more screens and videos I see of the XBox 360 the more I would like one. But I don't want to shell out $400 for the system. I hardly use my XBox now to justify getting one.

..And how good would a game like MVP Baseball 2006 have looked on that system if there could have been one? Damn 2K Sports.

..One of the best books I've ever read was To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. If you've never read it, you don't know what you are missing.

..I'd sure like a new video card but I won't get one for Christmas. I got to get it myself. My wife doesn't know the difference between a video card and a sound card.

..Reading in the forums just in the past few days about all the ideas for a Mvp 2006 makes me happy. I think that EA could've made even a better game if they listened to some of the people in here.

..I hate politically correct people. Pipe down. Don't tell me what I should say or what I shouldn't say.

..I guess they'll be doing the League's MVP's very soon. Part of me cares about the AL MVP a lot because I don't want that *&$^ from Boston to win and part of me just doesn't give a damn because the Yankees didn't win a thing this year. What's the good in being happy about that award when the only one that counts is the World Series award?

..A lot of talk is made about bad women drivers are and young drivers too. And in a lot of cases, that is true. I've seen young girls driving and putting makeup on at the same time. But old people in my opinion are just as bad. They don't know how to look when they back out of someplace and they have their turn signal on ten minutes before they consider using it.

..Speaking of old people, never get in their way at the supermarket especially when they have a table set up in there where they are giving away free samples of food. They'll ram you down to get that last slice of cheese. Never mind if they hit your ankle in the process.