Total Classics Phase 5 F.A.Q Thread

fuzzone

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

won't be a phase 6 for awhile.

let's just enjoy what we have now and appreciate the hard spent time krawhitham did for these amazing stadium select screens :)

lol you know, jim actually emailed me regarding that and i told him that "stylistically, kraw was going for a window effect. You get the main idea, you don't need to see the whole image to get the general idea."

lol

Does Total Classic 5 have all the other 4 releases...or do I have to download all 5? I download Total Classic 1 awhile back, then deleted it...I would love to play them all.

Each Total Classics release builds on the previous one (i.e. they are not expansion packs). Total Classics 5 includes everything that was in Total Classics 1 - 4. When you download Total Classics 5, you get everything that was in all of the past releases.

It'll back up your current stuff.

Then, you run the TC installer and you tell it whether you want the TC files or your old ones to be in the correct directory.

It will ONLY backup your current stuff if click on the Backup button of the installler. If you do not do this and simply click the Install button, the installer will overwrite your current files without backing them up first.

SwingingSoriano - If you want to play both versions, it is possible to have two installs. There are instructions on how to do this in the forums, but the simple explanation is to make a copy of your MVP2005 folder (and all of its subfolders). Install TC5 into this new folder and then create a new desktop icon that points to the mvp2005.exe file in the new folder. You can then select which version of MVP you want to play by selecting the appropriate desktop icon.

I have TC 4 with a current league....lots of hours in tweaks..

So if I download TC 5..do I lose all of my TC 4?

I'm sorry but I read the above thread and I can't figure..

It depends upon what you mean by "tweaks". If you've changed teams around or updated rosters, portraits, faces, etc., then yes, you will lose these changes if you download and install TC5.

It will ONLY backup your current stuff if click on the Backup button of the installler. If you do not do this and simply click the Install button, the installer will overwrite your current files without backing them up first.

SwingingSoriano - If you want to play both versions, it is possible to have two installs. There are instructions on how to do this in the forums, but the simple explanation is to make a copy of your MVP2005 folder (and all of its subfolders). Install TC5 into this new folder and then create a new desktop icon that points to the mvp2005.exe file in the new folder. You can then select which version of MVP you want to play by selecting the appropriate desktop icon.

Thanks tons, I'll give that a whirl.

Updated from phase 4 to phase 5

Roster updated

67 new portraits

418 changed

12 new faces

2 changed

32 changed uniforms

1 changed background image

7 new stadium select screens

3 changed stadium select screens

60 new loading screens

3 new stadiums

3 changed stadiums

2 player audio changed

24 team audios changed

Fuzz,

Hey man...great job once again! I appreciate you keeping this whole Classic thing alive. I wish my contribution to the effort could be larger, but personal life has sort of squashed the free time I used to have for rosters, etc.

Gotta ask you...since you are the man...any chance we can get this converted to Xbox? I've asked your buddy already but he doesn't answer really...and when he does he says you prohibited TC4 conversion.

Any chance you could do the community a HUGE favor and allow the TC5 convert? Thanks...from a fellow New Englander (God, I hate the cold...)

C

Archived