Total Classics Phase 5 F.A.Q Thread

fuzzone

Woot. After a week's worth of frustration I finally got this wonderful mod to install properly. I was having problems with the runtime 75 error but I had EA's patch five installed. I did clean install of the game again, downloaded patch two, and whola, I was able to install the mod. Hope that helps all of those who are having problems with the runntime error. Thanks very much to the earlier poster who suggested the EA patch may be the cause of the runtime error.

I want to thank all responsible for this incredible mod. For now I am just going to play around some, playing mostly exhibition games. But soon I will be embarking on a journey with the 70 Baltimore Orioles. They captured my heart when I was a youngster and I hope to recapture some of that magic again all summer long whether I win or lose. Today happens to be my birthday, and this is a wonderful gift. Again, thank you for all the hard work.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I remember that team well. Great pitching & defense. Also

a very decent offense and some speed. They had alot of great matchups

with the Tigers. Saw JPowell hit one over the roof against DMcLain

(I believe) in '69. My first game at Tiger Stadium

Enjoy TC :!:

Yes, I remember that team well. Great pitching & defense. Also

a very decent offense and some speed. They had alot of great matchups

with the Tigers. Saw JPowell hit one over the roof against DMcLain

(I believe) in '69. My first game at Tiger Stadium

Enjoy TC Exclamation

Kind of OT, but you might like my story about how I became an Oriole fan living way out here in Phoenix back in the late sixties. When I was in the second grade I was blessed in two ways. My second grade teacher was Barbra Van Arsdale. The last name might sound familiar to basketball fans. Her husband was Dick Van Arsdale..the original Sun. Does show you have times have changed..basketball player having a wife as a teacher. Anyway..had a huge crush on her..got into the Suns..and became aware of sports in general. That same year, I remember being in the school cafeteria and I traded a part of my lunch with some one. That was a big no no...I got caught by a certain teacher who was very feared. His method of punishment when I was caught was to put his hands the back of my neck..and politely told me I would never do that again. Needless to say, I never traded food again. Anyway, this teachers name was Mr. Gentry and I grew a huge dislike to him at the time. He had a son..named Gary. Now before all of this the only thing I knew about baseball was the Giants farm team here in Phoenix. After that incident, I became very well aware of a pitcher named Gary Gentry....and I rooted hard against him the year the Orioles faced him in '69. Even though young at the time..I will never forget watching Ron Swoboda's catch (spelling bad..sorry).

I felt the heartache of the catch and became an instant Oriole fan. To make a long boring story short..my dad got a government job in DC the next year..so he took me to RFK anytime the Orioles were in town and a couple of times we went up to Baltiomore to see games. Of course another irony part of this boring story is that Palmer was a product of Scottsdale High School

Times have changed...Dback fan now...grew up as Cowboy fan, but now a long suffering Cardinal fan, but still Suns fan..very avid one..along with Sun Devil football. But it is nice to go back in time...btw..was an avid strotmatic and apba fan at the time of my youth.

I know this has nothing to do with topic, just wanted all to know how much I do appreciate the mod. As far as tech...yes...I think patch probably has something to do with it. Not sure why some can load it all with ea's latest patch and others can't, but if you do have problems...roll back to patch 2..no roster updates.

Hey guys,

first a ton of thanks for all the time and effort into TC. Many hours ahead of re-living my youth. :wink:

Question(s):

Can we use MVPEdit with TC5? If so, how? I can't find an mbe file. I'd like to do some subtle changes (skin tones, stances, attributes of body types/builds) (i.e. Johnny Bench on the 77 Reds is very "brown" skinned. Like he went to a tanning salon and fell asleep. :D

Is there a Three Rivers? Or is that Cinergy?

Lastly, if anyone could make the 86 Angels uniforms with names that would be great.

How are you all playing Seasons? Is there a way to shut off call-ups? Cause I would think that after week 5, the teams would be pretty messed up.

Indeed they do, the best thing to do is turn off injuries, suspensions, trades, budgets, it reduces the problem a little bit

Downloaded TC 5. So far, alot of fun. I noticed an error though that is so stupid, it really isn't worth mentioning. For the 'Classic Busch Stadium', there is a picture of 1960's Busch Stadium II (the one I am currently working on), not Busch Stadium I (the one I released).

No biggie though.

Got it. Saw Horton play 'many' times. The 'Upright' and /or Pujols

are actually both close. Willie 'at times' would be more upright with his stance. Super nice fellow and an icon here in Detroit. Once threw BP to me at Tiger Stadium at a weekend 'fan' camp. He is still at the ballpark quite a bit these days. (Comerica that is)

Thanks

Archived