.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

tywiggins

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tywiggins,

This truly is a very welcomed mod that will be greatly appreciated and used by many.

My first use of it proved very good in that I was successfully able to alter a players assigned face within the Dynasty.

However, it also altered all the stats for the entire dynasty in a very broadbased way where the leading Home Run hitter is now a relief pitcher etc etc etc.

But this certainly is progress in the right direction. Keep it going and I will certainly be pulling for your eventual success with this fantastic mod.

Thanks,

Don

Was the HR leader Bronson Arroyo?

I've heard it suggested in some corners that what should be done is a simming of the 2005 season, an exportation of .dat files, a change in statistics to represent the real 2005 season, and then a start of the 2006 season. This will apparently set things right in the year 2006.

--Eric

Yep, I used MVPEdit 2006.2. When reimporting into MVPEdit those batters ratings are correct thus it does not appear to be an MVPEdit issue at all.

I am sure all these issues will be resolved by tywiggins over time and this will become a very leading edge highly used mod.

Actually, I think the batting ratings are correct. Let a given player sit out a few games, and see if their ratings go back up to what they are supposed to be. (The energy level is affecting the displayed ratings)

When you export with MVPEdit, the players in the files it creates are sorted in alphabetical order. This will cause all of the batting stats to be off. It probably messes up the Baserunning stats, and Games Played, and Runs Scored stats as well as the fielding stats. I'm not sure yet why the pitching ratings and stats aren't affected. I have an idea though.

Just updated to v0.15. pitcher.dat is now imported/exported. Energy level is now set to 100% when importing. Also included a new program that allows you to change which team you control in dynasty/owner mode. Also now output the correct memory address to a file. This file is read when any of these three programs are run. If the address is correct, it will save each of the programs from searching the memory for the correct memory address.

Also included a new program that allows you to change which team you control in dynasty/owner mode.

W-w-w-w-w-hat?!?! You serious? :hail: :wtg: :yeah:

So I can change teams midway through my dynasty? Once you finish the .dat files, this will be one of the finest mods in a looooong time

W-w-w-w-w-hat?!?! You serious? :hail: :wtg: :yeah:

So I can change teams midway through my dynasty? Once you finish the .dat files, this will be one of the finest mods in a looooong time

I actually was thinking about this same thing on Saturday.

Can someone please do a test to see what happens with the new team in terms of team goals and what year with that particular team you start out at (year one, two or three as a manager?). Many thanks in advance, Mo.

I think maybe he thinking there's a value in the memory that could be altered to change the year of the dynasty -

Do you think it's possible in the future with your tool we could modify the disabled list and injuries etc?

I hope that guy who was promising last year that he would pay someone $10K to make this type of program comes through on his promise for you :)

first of all...this is an awesome program :hail::hail: but i ran into this problem now saying: Run-time Error '3022' The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index or redefine the index to premit duplicate entires and try again.... :?: :?:

I think maybe he thinking there's a value in the memory that could be altered to change the year of the dynasty -

Do you think it's possible in the future with your tool we could modify the disabled list and injuries etc?

I hope that guy who was promising last year that he would pay someone $10K to make this type of program comes through on his promise for you :)

I wasn't able to find where the date is stored. Even if I found the date, my guess is that there would be problems if you changed the date.

I've located the disabled list and injury information, current stamina, energy level, contract type, contract level, as well as some factors that relate to happiness. I plan on making these into a new .dat file. And you wouldn't be able to edit the new .dat file in MVPEdit until the author added support for the new file. I'll try to get in touch with the author of MVPEdit to give him details of the new file sometime soon.

That would be great if he honored that promise. :)

Archived