Wrigley Field update 2006

ChicagoCubs720

I'm almost finished with the night version:

nitepreviewar8.png

I need to fix some things in the mfield files (shadow, warning track). I also need to change the color of many vertices, like the ones for the skyscrapers in the back drop and the concourse. I'd expect it sometime tomorrow, actually today (wow, it's late :sleepy: ) in the afternoon.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont think the scoreboard looks to bright...I think it looks just right actually..Was at my first Cubs game this summer and couldnt believe how bright it was at night.

yes, I actually messed around with the brightness and contrast of the night scoreboard many times to make it look realistic. I also used the clone tool in GIMP to remove the daytime shadows from the light poles (here's what I mean:

day:00021ks9.png

night:00021mm7.png

I also recolored hundreds of vertices in O-Edit to give the nighttime effect. I couldn't just simply darken all the texture, it just wouldn't look right.

I am about to upload it now, comments and suggestions are always welcome! If there are any issues, I will attempt to resolve them ASAP.

Thanks for your fantastic work ChicagoCubs720, but the night version crasches to desktop while downloading. Am l the only one having this issue? :sleepy:

hmm, did you install any grass changer mods? try different teams and see what happens. That's really strange since the day and night versions are virtually the same, only different lighting effects and textures.

Thanks for your work on this. Will check it out very soon.

thanks again for letting me use your mod as a base. I hope you like the result!

anyone else who downloaded this, feel free to nit-pick. Please tell me if you think something is too dark, too bright, etc.

No i didn't install any grass or bases changer mods. I've tried with all Mlb teams , i would say it works every third time(Cubs included).

It used to work perfectly before.

I have enough memory to run the game :1280 ram and nvidia gforce video card.

hmmm, that's really strange. The fact that it works every third time could be a clue. There are three different field patterns for each stadium, maybe I messed one of them up and corrupted it or something. I'll look into it.

I noticed in the night version there is a city skape back drop, but in the day its just a blue sky, did you try changing the sky to the back drop(during the day time) and seeing how it would look? I think it could give it a little more depth.

I noticed in the night version there is a city skape back drop, but in the day its just a blue sky, did you try changing the sky to the back drop(during the day time) and seeing how it would look? I think it could give it a little more depth.

I understand what you are saying. It's because the backdrop used in the day version is shorter. I'll try and find some high-res pics and fix it. There are a couple other things I need to tweak.

Archived