directx issue

kingspie

I have been playing MVP Baseball 2005 for about four months with absolutely no problems. All of a sudden today when pulling up the game I continue to get an error message:

MVP 2005 requires DirectX 9 and hardware graphics acceleration

I have gone through the forums and haven't found any answers to this issue. Does anyone have an answer to this fix?

Thanks?!

Has anything changed in the system? Any new hardware or software installs or configuration changes?

You can get your video card information by running dxdiag from Start-Run and clicking on Display. Run the tests as well, that'll highlight any DirectX errors. Finally, make sure hardware graphics acceleration is enabled in your graphics card properties by going to Start-Control Panel-Display and checking the settings.

Thanks for the input. I am having trouble in the directx 3d test. It keeps failing on #8....whatever that is. I will try updating and re-installing first. Also, when I get onto my computer I will check the settings. It is strange because nothing was changed or goofed with.

• 7 years later...

I have recently come across this problem my self. I found that other people have had the same error message but no solution was ever found for them. With a lot of trial and error I finally narrowed it down to my Resolution/Refresh rate. I have an HDMI cable going from my video card to my TV. Inside the video properties is a list of extra resolutions allowed by my HDMI(HD) as well as native PC resolutions. The game would crash with "mvp baseball 2005 requires directx 9 and hardware graphics acceleration" any time I had a resolution that used interlaced(30Hz) instead of progressive scan(60Hz). So 1080i,1920x1080(30Hz) would not work.

But 720p,1176x664 does work. As well as all the native PC resolutions. It took me all day to figure this out so I thought I would(Hopefully) save somebody else some time and effort. Hope this helps.

• 4 years later...