Modding Questions? Ask Them Here.

giantjeff

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Looked around but couldn't find anything on this topics...

Anybody know how to work TyWiggins' DL Editor? I'm able to get to the point where it says "Press I to import, anything else to export", so there's clearly a file I need to import. How do I go about getting this file, or what do I have to put in a text file in order to get a proper disabled list to get uploaded?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...

I need help!! 

I've been a member here for almost 18 years but keep quiet, work and enjoy every mod you great people put out. I need help with a couple of the things though...

I have the updated roster for the 2023 season(Roster MVP Baseball 2023) dated 4-17-2023  and the portraits.big (8-31-2020) from the 2020 Mod. Everything else is updated (i.e. stadiums, uniforms, faces) and the game starts and works fine. Some of the portraits don't show up and some are from the 2020 season and players are on different teams. I get that. The problem is when is try to update the portraits via eagraph and bigGUI to compress and the game wont start. I even tried TiT and got the same results. I even tried just uploading just 1 new portrait and same result, crashed. I used mvpedit and still a no go. 

I took the dat files and made an .mbe but to maybe match the new portraits and still doesn't work. I can put back the portrait.big from 8-31-2020 and everything is fine again. 

What am I missing??

Does anyone have an updated portrait.big from form this year that I can try and use??

I've been updating my mvp2005 since Sept. of '05 without issues, til now. I'm running mods, Total classics, mlb 2k12. r.b.i Baseball 21. high heat and all are updated as much as possible.

This portrait thing is annoying!! Help please!

On a different note...If anyone is having trouble with clicking on the download button and nothing happens, like for older files.

1.right click on the same download this file icon you were just trying

2.copy the link address

3. open a new tab

4. in the search bar, right click and paste.

5. use the first link you see and click it.

6. a window will appear for a place to save the file.

7. save the file and download away!

Hi,

Crashing with this game is a common problem, works great when everything is installed properly.

Stadiums, portraits and then faces leading the crash way.

It looks like you took the manual install approach using EAgragh and then BigGUI, this is the only way i install mods.

So you can probably exclude the portraits not being compressed as the problem.

I don't use TiT,

TiT works great, if you are 100% sure of all the files you are about to install, because problems easily start to occur once it encounters a file that was created using one of the FiFa tools, leading to the FiFaAS error, then TiT freezes up and the files become corrupt and unusable.

All it takes is one.

This is also the reason why you should always back up your files right before you install anything.

I know this problem,

I am pretty sure when you go and check that portraits.big file it is very small now, it went from something like 236,465,920 bytes to 187 or something like that, its become corrupted and now unusable, because one of the programs that TiT uses (which is many) doesn't play well with any file that was created using a Fifa tool.

It's not your roster, because you said it works when you go back to the portrait file from the 2020 mod.

What i will do is send you one of my portrait.big files from the end of 2022 around OCT/NOV, it will work with your roster, and then you can take it from there and install everything from Oct-22 to your roster date of 4-17-2023.

This should help you,

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm currently having an issue installing mods, where when I install them I get an error message at the end saying, "Can not output file" for multiple files. Then when I run the game the rosters and textures are all messed up. I couldn't find any previous discussions anywhere, any help would be awesome thanks!

Screenshot 2023-08-01 094250.png

2 hours ago, Rambowcat said:

Hello, I'm currently having an issue installing mods, where when I install them I get an error message at the end saying, "Can not output file" for multiple files. Then when I run the game the rosters and textures are all messed up. I couldn't find any previous discussions anywhere, any help would be awesome thanks!

Screenshot 2023-08-01 094250.png

How are you installing the mods?  Are you installing them on top of a default installation of the game?  If so, have you confirmed that the existing files are not set to be read only?  Finally, what version of Windows are you running?

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, new here so noob questions as I'm new to modding and this game. I have downloaded some updated stadiums from this forum and am looking for a guide on how to install and include such in game as I'm new to modding and wouldn't wanna mess anything up. Also pretty much looking for a similar guide for installing updated rosters. (Im on Mac and using AetherXS2 as an emulator if that matters) Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Bloodcuts said:

Hey guys, new here so noob questions as I'm new to modding and this game. I have downloaded some updated stadiums from this forum and am looking for a guide on how to install and include such in game as I'm new to modding and wouldn't wanna mess anything up. Also pretty much looking for a similar guide for installing updated rosters. (Im on Mac and using AetherXS2 as an emulator if that matters) Thanks in advance.

Stadiums are easy. Let’s say that you downloaded an updated Yankee Stadium. There’s two files in that (yankday.big and yanknite.big) They are in the data\stadium folder of the game. Temporarily rename the yankday.big and yanknite.big files that are already there to yankday.big.bak and yanknite.big.bak and place the new Yankee Stadium files in that directory. Start the game and test out the Yankee Stadium day and night versions and if they are ok then delete the old files.

Rosters are installed in the data\database folder. Unzip the new roster but do not overwrite the files in there. They must be deleted. Move the new files in that folder and you are done.

On 9/20/2023 at 5:01 AM, Bloodcuts said:

Firstly welcome aboard!

Second, I've got some sad news. This game doesn't have that many PS2 mods, let alone PS2 mods compatible with an emulator.

You'd be hard pressed to find any content in that capacity here unfortunately.