MVP Baseball 1994 Released

Hory

After 18 months of development, the 1.0 version of MVP 1994 has finally been released and is available for download here or here.

I'm too burnt out to go into much detail, so I will just say thanks to all those who helped contribute to this mod, and paste the readme below.

It's really satisfying how good this mod is to play and in my opinion is the best work I have done on MVP 2005

Anyway right now I'm itching to play a dynasty, well, at least until I start working on it again for the 1.1 version....

Enjoy!

MVP Baseball 1994 1.0 Readme

How to Install

Double-click the install file.

Follow the prompts.

Be careful not install the game to C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005 if you wish to keep your existing MVP 2005 installation.

The installer will ask for your MVP 2005 CDs during installation.

The full installation process will take around 10-30 minutes.

Double-click “mvp2005†in the folder where you installed MVP 1994 to run the game.

To manually install the game,

1) Make a copy of your entire MVP Baseball 2005 folder and rename it "MVP Baseball 1994"

2) Double-click 94files.exe and extract the contents to the newly created MVP Baseball 1994 folder, when asked to overwrite select yes to all.

3) Download krawhitham's installer thingy from eamods.com and place it in the MVP Baseball 1994 folder.

4) Double click on installerthingy and choose the first option "install portraits", click do it. A new window will pop up,

5) Go to the ‘portrait’ folder within the ‘94files’ folder that is in your “MVP Baseball 1994†folder. Drag all 1076 files into the window that popped up in Step 4, click ok on the installer thingy prompt.

6) Double click on installerthingy and choose the second option "install models & uniforms", click do it. A new window will pop up,

7) Go to the ‘models’ folder within the ‘94files’ folder that is in your “MVP Baseball 1994†folder. Drag all 2091 files into the window that popped up in Step 6, click ok on the installer thingy prompt.

8) Close installer thingy. Double-click “mvp2005†in the “MVP Baseball 1994†folder to run the game.

FAQ

How do I change the Game Year to '1994'?

Use the schedule updater in the 'extras' folder.

Which team should I play as?

Best Pitching team - Atlanta

Best Hitting Team - Cleveland

Best Overall - Montreal

Other Contenders are the Yankees, Houston, Chicago White Sox & Cincinnati Reds.

Or chase Roger Maris' Home Run Record with Matt Williams of the Giants or Ken Griffey Jr of the Mariners.

What is the difference between Franchise/Lockout Modes in 1994 & Dynasty/Owner Mode in MVP 2005?

There is no difference in gameplay whatsoever.

The name change gives MVP 1994 it’s own separate game save slots from MVP 2005/06/07 if you have those versions of MVP also installed on your PC.

Does the MVP1994 work with MVPSavReader?

Yes.

KNOWN ISSUES

In Dynasty Mode, the four lowest ranked teams - Boston, California, Chicago Cubs, & Florida have no 'Team Goals'.

This bug will not negatively affect Dynasty play, it just means you have a permanent 'A+' rating throught the season and can't get fired.

This bug does not affect owner mode.

Uniforms

The front number on the Reds away uniform is on the wrong side.

The Dodgers uniforms do not have player names on the back.

The Giants home uniforms do not have player names on the back.

The Brewers Home & Away uniforms have numbers on the front when there should be none.

Due to limitations on modifying uniform slots, these uniform issues cannot presently be fixed.

However, for the Brewers selecting the "1994 Home" or "1994 Road" uniforms at the uniform select screen will show the uniforms in the game without numbers.

Minor Leagues

Many minor league teams do not have updated uniforms & logos.

Some teams need to be realigned or deactivated to be more like the 1994 season.

Bakersfield Blaze were not the 1994 High-A affiliate of the Rangers.

These issues may be resolved in a future version of this mod.

Ballparks included in MVP Baseball 1994 1.0

AL EAST

BAL – default EA version

BOS – default EA version

DET – 1994 Tiger Stadium by Pirate

NYY – default EA version

AL CENTRAL

CWS – 1994 Comiskey Park by Hory

CLE – default EA version

KC – default EA version

MIL – 1994 Milwaukee County Stadium by Pirate & Sean O

MIN - default EA version

AL WEST

CAL – default EA version

OAK – default EA version

SEA – Kingdome by Pirate & Sean O

TEX – default EA version

NL EAST

ATL – 1994 Fulton County Stadium by Pirate

FLA – default EA version

MON – default EA version of Olympic Stadium

NYM – default EA version

PHI – default EA version of Veterans Stadium (night version by Jim 825)

NL CENTRAL

CHC – default EA version

CIN – Riverfront Stadium by Pirate

HOU - default EA version of Astrodome

PIT – 1994 Three Rivers Stadium by Pirate

STL – default EA version

NL WEST

COL – EA’s Metropolitan Stadium used as substitute for Mile High Stadium (day version by Jim 825)

LA – default EA version

SD – default EA version of Jack Murphy Stadium (day version by Jim825)

SF - Pirate’s Riverfront Stadium used as substitute for Candlestick Park.

Credits

Producer

Hory

Rosters

Hory

AlexTony

kgbaseball

krawhitham

cankey

Tony3

Ace152

stecropper

Jim825

DavidC

Uniforms & Accessories

KCCityStar

fizzjob

bigbully

HardcoreLegend

Royal Blues

Hory

Thome25

thespungo

kennyess

MarlinsMY

DYousa

FightingBillini

DavidC

Cyberface Makers

baseballfans

jogar84

Veesmack

cocobee

bodhiball

peterbernard

terminatorkorea

facetoface

krawhitham

homer813

jscand

AstroEric

Stadiums

Pirate

Jim825

Sean O

Overlay

Trues

Hory

Datafile

Trues

Portraits

Hory

Yankees763

AstroEric

Jim825

Logos

Hory

Yankees763

MarlinsMY

Audio

Hory

edm

UncleMo

Veesmack

txdodger73

homer813

torement

Frontend

Hory

Jim825

Kccitystar

Schedule Updater

tywiggins

Installer

krawhitham

Special Thanks

fuzzone

stecropper

Trues

AlexTony

Yankee4Life

Jim825

krawhitham

tywiggins

rglass

highlight_reel

MVP 2005 Producers & Developers

For any further help or to discuss MVP 1994, visit the forums at eamods.com or email TotalMVP05@gmail.com

If you wish to make a paypal donation to any of the creators involved in this project their addresses are listed below.

Hory (Producer) totalmvp05@gmail.com

Pirate (Stadiums) jaredhartung@gmail.com

tywiggins (Schedule Updater) tywiggins@hotmail.com

Krawhitham (Installer) paypal@mvplanet.com

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hory,

I am playing this Beauty Now. WOW !

I thought I would just take a quick test drive but shortly after playing a couple games I realize that a 1994 Dynasty is in the cards for me.

Your tremendous time; effort; creativity and skill on this superb mod SHINES through with almost every at bat!

I really want to sincerely "THANK YOU" and ALL the many contributors to this Masterpiece.

I am so anxious for the 1978 & 1984 Mods to arrive - along of course with TC V7.

I think it is time for a larger Hard Drive as this stuff is getting Seriously Great and I think I will need room for several simultaneous Dynasties !!!

Thanks,

Don

Thanks all for the kind words, I'm really glad you like it.

If anything I hope this inspires even more classic modding, there's still more things I want to add to 1994 in the future, not to mention helping with the upcoming single-season from the 60s,70s and 80s that Don, Jim and tebjr have got in the works and of course the all-encompassing Total Classics.

This is fun. A couple minor nitpicks but that's nothing especially for a first release (like, the Diamondbacks are in the game and Deion Sanders is on the Reds already!)

The Diamondbacks cannot be fully removed from the game, but they are not a playable team in dynasty/owner mode.

The rosters are not opening day rosters, some of the trades that went on during the season are included, based on number of game played etc.

In this case, Sanders played the same number of games for the Braves & Reds, but Roberto Kelly (who he was traded for) had more appearances with the Braves, so that's why the two players are where they are.

If someone was that concerned about the presence of the Diamondbacks, they could alpha out the logos and replace the team name with blanks in loclook, right? I mean, that's a bit crazy, but if you absolutely had to maintain that illusion....

Amazing job! Thank you so much for all of your efforts. I am back in town and will start cyberface modding so people can add more faces to this mod and you can have them for any future versions you may want to work on.

Are there 1x or 2x lite versions of the unis in this mod? I am getting the stutter when the pitcher turns back towards the mound after a pitch and on plays at first base that I get when I have 2x unis installed. No clue why considering I have a Geforce 7600GT with the latest drivers, but I gave up on the stuttering a long time a ago and figure that 2x lite or 1x are fine for me. If they are available and you could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Stinky - Is it possible for you to compliment one mod without putting down others? First you make the following statement in your review of MVP 1994 on its download page:

This is so good I bet that total classics 7 won't be as good as this 1.0 is!

All of us working on Total Classics 7 certainly appreciate your support for all the time and hard work we've put into TC7 for the last 5 months. :mad:

Then you make the following statement in your last post:

. . . the thing i realised is that to me, all other classics EXCEPT total classics 6 seems so barebones and shallow . . .

I'm sure that the '61 and '67 season mod developers didn't take too kindly to these words.

Don't get me wrong -- MVP 1994 is well deserving of all of the accolades it is getting. At the same time, however, all of these season mods are meant to compliment one another, not compete with each other. I know from talking to Hory that he feels that way as well.

In addition, until you actually try creating a single season mod yourself and see exactly how much work is involved, you're in no position to be critical of the work of others. To quote Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Hory - Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I had to get this off my chest and stand up for all the classic modders. I'll step off my soapbox now and let the praise for MVP 1994 continue.

i was playing this and the thing i realised is that to me, all other classics EXCEPT total classics 6 seems so barebones and shallow, but in mvp 1994 you can actually have fun makeing a dynasty.

it's great.

Jesus, I don't get people. Jim, don't listen to any of this crap.

I'm having installation problems with '94 and '07, so I'm going to try a fresh reinstallation tonight to see how it goes.

Archived