Is your MVP Baseball 2005 game crashing?

Kccitystar

Yes, I always test and make sure before adding new things such as rosters, portraits ect. I went as far as tried compatibility mode and still same appcrash probelm. I can take a screen shot of the appcrash message error if you like.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mentioned 2 different installs and then things you were adding as mods. But you didn't say to which of these folders you were adding the mods. I'm going to assume it's the MVP 14 folder. If you want to isolate what the problem is, you can't mention several different mods and then expect someone to know which one is causing the problem. Only thing that it might NOT be is the schedule updater (which I assume you're meaning when you say 'getting the year updated') because that has no bearing on playing an exhibition game.

I have MVP 94, installed in its own folder, A clean copy of MVP 2005, in its own folder and MVP 14 in its own folder. 94 and 14 are installed with a clean copy of MVP 2005. What I have done is install the end of year roster from 14, and then erase the dat files and replaced it with the 15 opening day roster. When I went to do my season/franchise mode, I used the tool from MVP 94 to get the correct year and season start. Then I go the screen to play the game, I click to proceed to the game which is a minor league game, and it goes to the stadium screen, once done I click to go and play the game, the bar will load halfway and then screen will go black and then give me a appcrash error. I tried it with playing in a AA, AAA and major league stadiums with same result. I tried just playing a play now/exhibition game and same results. Hopefully I have answered everything and left nothing out that is needed to help.

You're still not being specific. You installed the rosters to WHICH install? 2005? If so, we'll stop you right there and tell you you'll get a crash every time. You need cyberfaces to match up pretty closely with the roster set. Also, you can't do the schedule (year) updater until you have a season up an running, from what I understand how it works.

But, go back and read what you've written and see if you can tell why we're confused when you're trying to explain this. You're not being distinct.

I installed the Baseup rosters last edition on the MVP 14 in the mvp 14 folder I have, then I installed the portraits that rising son has out, after that I erased the dat files and put in the opening day roster 15 in place of the baseup roster end of season.

I don't know why you installed 2 rosters in a row. Just replace the rosters (delete then copy in, as I think you've done) and reboot your PC. If that doesn't work, do a new install to your desktop location, especially if you have Windows 7.

Puma - one thing that has helped me narrow down crashing issues is to do the following:

Before starting a game go to the EDIT PLAYER screen and try editing EVERY single player on both teams you're trying to start a game with. Try to edit each player 1 by 1 until you crash to the desktop. In my instances mis-assigned cyberfaces has been the culprit of crashes on the loading screen. Hopefully, by doing this, you can pinpoint exactly which player is causing the crash and you can assign them their correct CF (or generic CF) using MVPedit,

Even edit player is causing me to go into a appcrash both in my season and in the rosters in the main screen. Not sure what is going on, but ill just patiently wait for more cyberface updates if that truly is the problem. I appreciate everyones help. Sadly I have done more digging and found its doing the same crash with other teams and players other then my favorite team.

Puma - one thing that has helped me narrow down crashing issues is to do the following:

Before starting a game go to the EDIT PLAYER screen and try editing EVERY single player on both teams you're trying to start a game with. Try to edit each player 1 by 1 until you crash to the desktop. In my instances mis-assigned cyberfaces has been the culprit of crashes on the loading screen. Hopefully, by doing this, you can pinpoint exactly which player is causing the crash and you can assign them their correct CF (or generic CF) using MVPedit,

Even edit player is causing me to go into a appcrash both in my season and in the rosters in the main screen. Not sure what is going on, but ill just patiently wait for more cyberface updates if that truly is the problem. I appreciate everyones help. Sadly I have done more digging and found its doing the same crash with other teams and players other then my favorite team.

Well... in my opinion this is a good thing because you've narrowed it down to the cyberfaces being the issue. I also have MVP14 installed and have no issues with cyberfaces... so my guess is you haven't installed the data folder. Did you install the 1.4 GB data folder? The links are in the body of the download page for the MVP14 mod. If you really want to fix it the half-assed way you could download MVP edit and give everyone on the teams you're trying to play with a generic face (901-915).

Should clear it right up.

Yes.... there's no way that's going to work.

• If you don't want to re-install, go to your original discs and put the original rosters back in.
  • Patch with official patch #3.
  • Add Homer's latest cyberface pack (minimally) OR install MVP 14 to a second install, extract the models.big file and replace it in your MVP2005 original install.
  • Add rosters as previously instructed (i.e., don't simply overwrite).

Tried every solution to fix MVP 14 but the game crashes when I try to start a game or edit a player. I decided to update the roster without any other mods, followed these instructions and it still would crash in loading screen. I will try it on my friends comp tomorrow since he has xp instead of windows 7, which might be my problem. Also, the guy above mentioned it could be cyberfaces. Not sure how to fix.

I'm brand new at this and have no other mods on my MVP 2005 but when i try to apply the 2015 opening day roster update the game crashes when i try to load a game or if i click the "manage rosters" menu from the main menu. I extracted the zipped .dat files straight into data/database after deleting the old files and it's still not working. Running Windows 8.1.

Any help would be super appreciated thanks guys. 

Every player in the game has a face ID assigned to him.  That's how players can have different faces.  Each face ID corresponds to a particular image file embedded in the MVP Baseball 2005\data\models.big file.  When you start the game and go through the steps to select your teams, select the uniforms, select the stadium and go to play, the game looks at the rosters on each team, and checks to make sure each player's assigned face ID has an image file in the models.big file.  If it can't find the image file in the models.big file, the game crashes.

As MVP2005 was modded over the years and new players were added, new face IDs had to be created and new face image files created and added to the models.big file.  Since you installed just the MVP15 rosters on top of your default (out of the box) version of the game, many of the players had face IDs assigned to them that are not in the default models.big file.  That would explain the crashes you are experiencing.

To get around this, you need to install the MVP14 mod first and then install the MVP15 rosters.  If you still have crashes, you may need to install some of the new MVP15 faces that have been released.  I have not used MVP14 or the MVP15 rosters too much, so hopefully some of the guys (kyleb, daflyboys, etc.) who are more familiar with these mods can provide more info or correct me if I've misspoken here.

Sorry for the delay of reply, been doing a lot of testing including trying MVP 13 with a clean install, unfortunately have the same crashing problem. So I have uninstalled the MVP 13 and created another clean copy of MVP 2005, and installed MVP 14 and putting the data folder and replacing the original data folder so I have MVP 14, I then installed the 2015 Opening day rosters and installed what cyber faces that have been released by rising son for the opening day roster, plus the miscellaneous new minors uniforms  ect. Here is screen shot of what I have and the folders in my MVP folder. Plus screen shot of how far I get, before crash and im including the crash info.  Crash info: 

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    mvp2005.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    41f1a343
  Fault Module Name:    mvp2005.exe
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    41f1a343
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    000f4d12
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    a6b6
  Additional Information 2:    a6b6c32f27762f32dae01894689c1c9a
  Additional Information 3:    9e4f
  Additional Information 4:    9e4f5a040e300ab75f1a993fbcb6bdf9

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

error.png

folder 1.png

mvp folders.png

mvp2005 2015-04-22 13-26-43-39.jpg

As I've said before, try not to do multiple installs before testing the stability of the game.  Maybe just try running MVP 14 as is and see if it runs.  If so, then add one thing at a time so we can isolate it.  I'm not sure what showing us a picture of your zip files is going to do. I doubt the codes in the "problem signature" are going to mean much to anyone around here either.

Install it to your desktop and try it from there.  If you're on W8, however, I'm at a loss.  If that still doesn't work, try MVP 08 and/or 12 and see if those work.  The idea is to get a foundation from which you can run a stable game and then possibly mod that.

Upon further testing, even the original base game is crashing at the same screen, the only version working and not crashing is MVP Baseball 1994 conversion.  I tried 08, same problem, same problem with my original base clean 2005. I'm using windows 7, 

Okay, I have a update, been doing testing and still having same problem, it seems to be something with in the data folder for MVP 14, I can play the original with no issue after reinstalling the base game yesterday. I have tried repairing and testing the archive to see if it was my copy of the winrar file, and that option came up fine with no issues. I'll keep everyone posted, I going to attept to redownload the MVP 14 and then test again.

Could a change of antivirus software cause the game to crash?

I've recently been plagued with crashes while games are loading and I simply can't figure out why.  I haven't changed anything within the game itself for a few weeks.  The only thing about my laptop that's changed is my antivirus software.  I have a hunch that that's the culprit, just wondering if anyone else has ever had a similar issue.

Edit: I just restarted my pc and now everything works fine.  Interesting how the simple things work sometimes lol

Well.... I will have to try that also, I'm using Win 7 (32bit) Seems so strange 94, original both work but not the 14. What is even more odd my external hard drive I had and had the orginal running from that with 14 fine, but when that hard drive went dead, and I decided to run everything from my main drive on my laptop, I have issues 14. 

I have a fresh copy of mvp 2005 installed and it plays fine. I wanted to update rosters to the opening day 2015 rosters. I installed the rosters and the game crashes right before it starts the game I want to play. So.. I uninstalled the rosters and the game works fine again. After that I thought well maybe I need to install 2014 mod first, so I installed it and the game crashes again. I uninstalled it and game works fine again. Any ideas?

You've mentioned something that others have here as well.  I would say look through this thread.  Yes, I know it's lengthy.  Also, I think on the 2014 DL page, Dennis put in some suggestions if you are having crashing. 

Archived