Padres67

Thanks for the update-glad things were not too bad. Did you like San Diego? I here there are two all time projects going on for each team. Have they asked for your help and some of the other modders that have worked on the classics? To me, this has been something that would generate a great deal of interest. Playing, for instance, the all time Yankees against the all time Red Sox over a 162 game schedule. Which team would come out on top. The great Giant and Dodger players over the years playing over a 162 game schedule. All the great rivalries.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea - I liked San Diego Stadium, but actually saw more games at Angels Stadium than San Diego and also several at Chavez Ravine too. I was in southern California from '69-'71 or so. I was stationed at Camp Pendleton so somewhat in between Angels Stadium & San Diego. I actually am a Parris Island Marine and never was stationed in San Diego.

Nope - I am not involved in the All Time projects but just like you I am very much looking forward to that mod as I think it will be an absolutely great and fun one to have.

I know the overall thought is that there are 2 of those projects in progress but I personally believe that not to be the case, unfortuately. I hope I am wrong but the way I believe things are now is:

1) JPHidalgo has been working on it for almost a couple years now and likely not making much progress lately on it ---- I hope he picks it up again and gets it done eventually.

2) JoelDeleon, who did complete an All Timers project for the Tony LaRussa Oldtime Baseball game which was a fabulous project for that game. Joel actually did many terrific mods for that game. But I think Joel has only offered his roster list from that project to who ever wanted to complete an All Time project for MVP Baseball 2005 but he is not actually working on such a project as he is really heads down working on his Legends in the Booth project.

So personally, I don't think anyone is actively working on such a project right now which is unfortunate in my opinion.

Now if and when we have the pleasure of combining an All Timers Mod with Joel's Legends in the Booth project we will really have something!

Take Care,

Don

Flashed across the screen during ESPN's last game at Yankee Stadium

was the player with the all time lowest era at Yankee Stadium with at least 500 innings pitched --------it was------------------------------------------------

see below

Fritz Peterson - and he is on the 1969 NYY in this mod :)

For ALL of US Here ----- There will ALWAYS be a Yankee Stadium !!!

as well as an Ebbets Field; Polo Grounds; CandleStick Park; Tiger Stadium; Comiskey Park; Astrodome; etc etc etc etc ETC !!!

& an Ole' Fritz Peterson for that matter too !!!

THANKS to ALL these GREAT, Unselfish & OH SO Talented Modders !!!

Life is GOOD & Last FOREVER @ the Ole Ball Game !

Don

So personally, I don't think anyone is actively working on such a project right now which is unfortunate in my opinion.

actually, i am. it's one of sorts. mine will have a better mix of negro league players, fan favorites, and modern stars. that's why i decided to call it the legends mod. the all timers mod is different, but as far as i know, it's just the roster. i'm working on the whole deal. so far, the rosters are taking forever to make because i'm making player audios, portraits, and cyberfaces as i go along as well. so this one may take awhile. i have the rosters pretty much laid out in a spreadsheet, so i'm going off of that. i had a lot of help to start, but as we've moved along, i'm pretty much the only guy left working on it. but i'm determined to finish it, and i'm sure some of those other guys will be back to help before i finish. there just hasn't been a whole lot of talk about it cuz most of it's been done behind the scenes, which is the case for most of these TC mods anyhow.

anyhow, before i rant too much, just click my sig to see more info on it.

you bet i will. you guys all play a huge part in my mod too.

the legends and heroes team might be scrapped at a later date. i'm keeping it in there in case i don't have to. right now, i'm about 30 players over the limit. but as i go along, i may drop some i deem unnecessary to free up space. if i can fit them in, i will for sure include them. but i'm more concerned with having a good free agent pool than those two teams, so the FA pool will get first priority.

yeah the yankees are one organization i haven't looked at with a fine comb just yet. i had someone else set that lineup. but looking it over briefly, there some things i'll probably change before the end. there's a couple of yankees in the FA pool that i would rather include. but it looks like maris is set as the CF'er at the A level.

Archived