Uniform Modding

hiheat32

302 con't

Ok, now it is time to work on the 0000.bmp. Open the 0000.bmp with Photoshop. Then if you edited the following, open them up in Photoshop as well: JERT, JERK, LEGA(D), HAT, SHOE, SLVR, catcher's shin guard and chest protector. These do not have those names anymore since you changed them to numbers, but hopefully you can remember. Now edit the size (Image>Image Size) of each as shown below:

8dvxg5l.jpg

***These are all images from your desktop uni folder.

Now drag and drop each one into its place in the file. They should lock right into place.

87jv4vl.jpg

Once have placed every edit into the picture, right click on the background layer (the original 0000.bmp) and click "Merge Visible." Then file>save it (not save as) and close out of it. Also, close out of all the shrunk uni pics you dragged and dropped onto the 0000.bmp. DO NOT SAVE THOSE!!!

8b4mkna.jpg

Now that your 0000.bmp is complete, all of your uniform parts are into place to compress it back into a fsh file. Open your programs folder and drag the index located in your uniform folder onto nfshtool. The black execution screen will come up and should say "successful." If not, check the sizes of your uniform bmp's and be sure one is not too big or too small.

8b9tf0g.jpg

You now have your newly created fsh file with your created uni in it! We are very close to finishing!

716tpoj.jpg

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....Next, open the folder of your extracted fsh file and rename every part of your uni to match the default uni you extracted. If you want to replace the accessories with different ones (thespungo's accessories). Just rename them to the proper number and shrink them to the proper size.....

Just to add on to what you have said - If someone wants to create a 512x256 helmet but the file that you are going to import into only contains a 256x128 helmet, you don't necessarily have to shrink your new helmet down to size. You can keep it at 512x256 and change the size in the index.fsh file.

index.fsh can be opened using notepad and just do a ctrl+f for whatever you are looking for - in this case hhlm1 (represents the helmet). Just change the value to your preference and you will be all set.

One important aspect is that the buffer size may need to be changed to accommodate the size change. Here's a screenshot of where the buffer size needs to be changed and where you can change the size of any part of the uniform that you want to.

buffersize.png

303: Jersey Numbers and Letters

Due to the painful process of actually creating your uniform numbers and letters from scratch, I'm going to show you how I avoid the process.

First, open EAGraph, and your data/models.big.

6ooyn42.jpg

Now, scroll down to the f files. Next, using KC's uni id list, pick a team that matches your uniform colors, expand it by clicking, and scroll through each of its f files. You can view the numbers and letters by clicking on the indented files:

8fmvlle.jpg

Now extract it like you did the uniform fsh file and save to your desktop uniform folder.

6srjvis.jpg

Ok, now you have your uniform.big file, your uniform fsh file, and your jersey number fsh file. Now we can put the uniform into the game!

***If you feel like editing the numbers yourself, extract the fxxx.fsh file with nfshtool. From there you are on your own because it requires another lengthy tutorial to completely cover everything about number/letter modding.

edit: If anyone knows how to and is willing to post a tutorial on jersey number creating, be my guest. I do not have the time or the will power to do it myself. :biglaff:

This is how I create the fonts/numbers for the jerseys. Follow, hiheat's tutorial in extracting the necessary font file using eagraph.

Use nfshtool to extract the folder inside the fxxx.fsh file. We will look to create the numbers first.

Open up a normal number bmp (xxxx.bmp) and an alpha bmp (xxxx-a.bmp). Check to see the size - its usually either 32x64 or 32x63.

Now create a new file in photoshop with the appropriate size using the following setup:

numbers1.jpg

All you would have to do next is to use the type tool to type one number at a time using the font of your choosing. We will type in the number 9 in this case. You can use the methods hiheat mentioned earlier to spice the number up a little (add textures, etc.)

numbers2.jpg

The next step is to create a new photoshop file for your alpha image.

numbers3.jpg

Make sure that you choose "greyscale" under color mode.

Now go back to the file where you typed in the number 9 and do the following:

Goto layer, duplicate layer and choose the alpha file that you just created as your destination file.

numbers4.jpg

You should end up similar to the following figure.

numbers5.jpg

All that's left to do is change the color to white. So choose your type tool and change the color of the number to white.

numbers6.jpg

The final step would be to save the normal file as a .bmp in the appropriate folder and the alpha file as a .bmp in the same folder. I believe hiheat had covered that earlier.

You do the exact same thing for the letters as well, making sure to take notice of the size. The size will be smaller for the letters compared to the numbers.

Give me a few min ill throw together a little section on using Dollfin live to import and export, with a link. I think its a ton easier than EAgraph or NFSHtool. It doesnt let you change size without some hex editing tho. Which is why i use it primarily for numbers.

You are doing a great job...

Already i want see the complete tutorial for make my proper custom uniform. Though i already make one, but dont see inside the game, i select the uniform in the "select uniform screen" with the preview, so when the game is loaded he show the "normal home uniform" and no the uniform that i due.

what´s wrong with that?? why dont show me the uniform, if i know that is well done??

"LOS LATINOS PRESENTES"

You are doing a great job...

Already i want see the complete tutorial for make my proper custom uniform. Though i already make one, but dont see inside the game, i select the uniform in the "select uniform screen" with the preview, so when the game is loaded he show the "normal home uniform" and no the uniform that i due.

what´s wrong with that?? why dont show me the uniform, if i know that is well done??

"LOS LATINOS PRESENTES"

that is normal. the only ways that i know of that successfully install the uniform big file is thru fuzzone's uniedit and manually thru ea graph. ill get the uniedit tutorial up tonight.

and although the uniform may show up as a default uni or a black screen, if you installed the fsh files right, your uni should still be in the game.

aah OK... I dont think that was so complex, but i hope resolve it when ill learn well with this tutorial;

i installed the "Boston Red Sox Alternate Home Uniform" by "Ari" with Uniedit, and dont has problem with it, shine well into the game, like this i want see the my, so that will be possible later... lol :D

THANK YOU...

FirmaMVP2.png

304: Installation with Uniedit

***WARNING: Before we install anything with uniedit make sure you haven't installed any uniform or models.big downloads after you installed uniedit. If you have, just reinstall uniedit. Bad things will happen if you don't...

Installation through uniedit is pretty self explanatory. It is not the fastest way, but it is very easy to figure out and use.

Ok, now open the folder you installed uniedit in and click on this icon:

7y3s1v8.jpg

This opens the program.

Next, click on the team you want to install the uniform under and then click the "hammer" button. You should now see the team's uniforms. Scroll down to either an empty slot or a uniform you want to replace. I chose an old concept uni to replace:

8gganph.jpg

Once you have selected the bullet of the uniform you want to replace, click the "+" button. You should now see this box:

8184d1z.jpg

Hmm, didn't we just make these file types? Yes we did! Click the "S" and browse for each file it is asking for (they should be in your desktop uni folder if you have followed this tutorial):

80xkupl.jpg

Ok, once you have selected all of the parts, click the "+" button again, let it import and you should see the unibig file you created in the place of the slot you selected:

7wf5g7c.jpg

The last thing you need to do is press the "lightning bolt" for the program to put the uni into the game. Once that is done, your uniform should be in the game! Great work!

***Sometimes uniedit does some weird things and sometimes doesn't install the f fsh file correctly. The way I fix this is, after the"lightning bolt" import is complete, I do it click it one more time for safe measures.

Post some pics of your completed unis!!! I will post mine in just a sec.

Tutorial for TiT coming soon!

hiheat, I haven't tried uniedit yet, but does the program compress the files for you or is there a step involved before using the program?

Also, the way I install the uniforms, fonts and jersey select screens is through Kraw's old InstallerThingy (v2.6 to be exact). Its pretty self explanatory as well.

Looking forward to the tutorial that will help make these files compatible with TiT. Take care.