MVP 08

compmaniac

Sorry, I haven't been here in a while, and I tried searching, but I couldn't find the answer.

Around what date will MVP 08 Mod be released?

Thanks.

EDIT by Mark B - As of May 14th, 2008, there is currently no release date scheduled for the MVP '08 mod. When the final product is released is up to the authors of, and contributors to, the mod, but most likely, the mod will be released when it is finished.

Posting here with further "When will it be released questions" is pointless. Asking these questions will not get the mod completed and released any faster - in fact, it is more likely to delay the release, as he people who are working on the mod have to take time out from actually working on the mod to answer questions such as these. Furthermore, making statements and asking questions such as "Why is it taking so long?", "It should be released by now" and "The modders are bad people for holding it back from users" are not helpful in the slightest, and do nothing to gain you any respect from either the modders, or the members of this community in general.

Please remember that this mod is being provided free of charge to users. No-one is being paid to create this mod, no-one makes a profit of of it. If you were providing a service or product for free, would you not get ever-so-slightly irked by being pestered 3, 4, 5, 6 times a day, asking when it would be released, or reading insults toward you for not releasing the finished product yet?

We all appreciate that people are looking forward to playing the MVP '08 mod, and that is fine. We do not want to discourage anyone from being eager and excited about the mod, but please understand that no-one likes reading the same posts and complaints over and over again, asking when it will be released.

In short - please, no more "When will it be released?" posts. It'll be done when it's done. We appreciate your patience.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK. Thanks. How come last year it was February?
The whole reason no one has heard anything about MVP 08 is because its getting worked on behind the scenes. I believe there trying to avoid a lot of when is it coming out questions. Just wait because it comes out when it comes out.

Guess I'll keep playing '07, with KC's artwork, and updated rosters.

Well you're one of the few, KC has pulled all his recent mods from this site

and just so people do not get the wrong idea

08 is coming, I just get tired of that damn question

Dec 4th is always my answer to that question it has been for over 2 years now. Did 07 come out on Dec 4th?

I think Y4L might be on to something about pushing that date back every time it is asked

Who cares when it comes out because its the best thing on the face of this earth. Kraw is top notch and should get paid for this stuff.

hopefully this gets a few days back from all those other idiots.

Or we could just torture them for asking dumb questions by making them listen to Bud Selig for 4 hours mumbling.

Then we'll see a flood of posts from 2k sports employees, since nobody wants to play their crappy game.

Not to mention smarta**'s that would keep posting the question over, and over, and over again, thinking they are funny when they are not.

So, when does MVP 08....nah, just kidding.

Archived