Site Issues

Trues

I have also tried Chrome, Firefox and IE, and am unable to download, it says I have exceeded my download limit, but I haven't downloaded anything in the last day.

Ok, that tells me that this has nothing to do with what browser you are using. Other people have reported the same problem and I will let the site owner know about this right now.

I've reset the restrictions. This should take care of any issues.

Now instead of the exceeded download limit warning I get an error in firefox like below, (I am trying to download MVPedit)

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

Now instead of the exceeded download limit warning I get an error in firefox like below, (I am trying to download MVPedit)

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

That has nothing to do with your download restrictions. Read

I also get the error You have exceeded the maximum amount of downloads allotted to you by the administrator for the day.

I haven't download anything in months

That may so but it is a moot point now since you just created another account (torneosmaclao) a few minutes ago. Both accounts are now banned and this matter is closed.

<sigh> I do not understand why people still feel they have to make another account here.

Trues, sadly there are still errors.

When I want to edit a file I uploaded, it shows me all files which I have uploaded before. Screenshots are also affected. After editing a file the screenshots of most files are shown for my other (unedited) files, too.

eigc8zj8e2cr.jpg

8ypy4ckfu1n8.jpg

• 4 months later...

Not an issue, but a suggestion (though I can't start a new topic here for some reason).

How about the intro/home page have the "latest posts" area split into MVP and 2K? And maybe not include the threads auto-created for new files. Sometimes we're getting a thread for a single portrait done.

• 5 months later...

Status update is funky.  Hard or next to impossible to add one.  When clicking in field, "Drag files here to attach, ....."  comes up and can't get past it to simply put in text.  I'm on Firefox.

We're due for a software update, just waiting on Trues to return from his sabbatical ;)

• 2 months later...

Cool. I'm wondering where the best place to post topics for general discussion of MVP 05 items as well. Maybe it would help to have that category, I'm currently wondering which Ball Physics datafile everyone prefers to use here.

Edit: Nevermind, realized I didn't scroll far enough in the MVP 05 section... duh.

16 hours ago, Trues said:

The chatbox should be working now.

LONG LIVE THE SHOUTBOX

Side note though, for everyone:

We've recently switched over to v4.1 of our content management system after being on maintenance releases of 4.0 for most of the season. With it, a few things happened:

-Shoutbox broke (this has been fixed)
-Some themes broke (Minty, our current theme, is okay for now, but my little alterations were reverted to default, which is okay), and we no longer have a dark theme, which I am OK with.
-We're much more flexible in terms of what's possible on the backend :)

Still working out database quirks but that's okay :)

Happy sunday!

1 hour ago, Kccitystar said:

-Some themes broke (Minty, our current theme, is okay for now, but my little alterations were reverted to default, which is okay), and we no longer have a dark theme, which I am OK with.

Will we ever have a that dark theme back? That one we had some months ago was the best one I have ever seen here.

1 minute ago, Yankee4Life said:

Will we ever have a that dark theme back? That one we had some months ago was the best one I have ever seen here.

Uniform? It was awesome, yes, but some parts of the design needed some work. Eventually we'll have a dark theme on the site again. Probably in time for the winter meetings.