2k9 For Dummies

Sharpshooter

Well like countless of others I finally got my Logitech Wireless controller to work. I also plugged in my Logitech gamepad which the game mapped perfectly. I then mapped the settings from that to the wireless controller - I only had to map 1 key and all other mappings were set.

I can now throw pick off throws to 1st - picked Pedroia off twice in 1 game. The trick is hold button 7 opens the pickoff window - push the right joystick to 3 o'clock then to 6 o'clock as soon as the meter fills up. This will make a low throw to 1st base.

Hitting controls activated also - pull stick down to set then up to swing.

Good luck.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For everyone having problems fielding... I too was incredibly frustrated. When the ball was hit my fielders would be moving in random directions, usually away from the ball, I was giving up 17 runs per game... But I finally figured out what I was doing wrong.

First I got some new sliders which helped (Operation Sports has a great selection to choose from in their forums)

Then I figured out my real problem. When I was pitching I used the left stick for the location of the pitch, but I was holding it there too long. The game was interpreting this as a request to move fielders, so they would be moving whatever direction I was aiming the pitch. Once I tried using the button for locking in the pitch location and letting go of the left stick, suddenly fielding started working in a way that made sense to me. My fielders would begin in the general direction of the ball (though I often had to complete getting them there), and the number of runs I was giving up became much more sensible.

So if you are also frustrated, give this a try and see if it helps. I've now gone from wanting to throw my DVD out the window to thinking that there is hope that this could be a good game after all...

Some questions guys:

1) How do i lock pitch position when aiming with left stick?

2) In the pitching procedure do i hold the RS for some time for the second move or do it instantly and fast?

Thanks!

1. When you start your delivery with the right stick, you can let go of the left stick (it locks your location).

2. It should be almost instantly. For example, For Carlos Zambrano's 2 seam fastball, I have to move the right stick up and imediately swivel to the right. If I do it instantly, I get a full yellow circle amost every time.

Some questions guys:

1) How do i lock pitch position when aiming with left stick?

2) In the pitching procedure do i hold the RS for some time for the second move or do it instantly and fast?

Thanks!

1. It depends on your controller, i think it's one of the right triggers by looking at the controls but i have yet to test it. I keep forgetting when i'm in games...

2. You do the first motion and hold it until the yellow circle fills up, and then start your second motion. For max effectiveness on pitches you want the yellow circle to be full.

How do I activate Batter´s eye (I already tried too press button 4) and Precision pitching? The tut says to activate it at controller options. There´s no in PC

Thanks (more questions to came) :D

How do I activate Batter´s eye (I already tried too press button 4) and Precision pitching? The tut says to activate it at controller options. There´s no in PC

Thanks (more questions to came) :D

Go to the control setup, and press 4 again. But on your keyboard, not on your controller.

Thanks for the quick answer. But you cant press on the keyboard if you configure the controller (I have a thrustmaster).

And what about precision pitch? Any tips on not let the pc swing at nearly every pitch? Tryin to get the Lincecum card...

Thanks for the quick answer. But you cant press on the keyboard if you configure the controller (I have a thrustmaster).

And what about precision pitch? Any tips on not let the pc swing at nearly every pitch? Tryin to get the Lincecum card...

It lets me press it, i use a controller. (Logitech Dual Action)

No tips on pitching, i use sliders to fix that but then you won't get the card when using them...

Doesnt work for me. Thanks though. Does anybody have a problem of aspect ratio? The whole game looks squeezed compared to NBA 2k9, especially the menus, although I have the same graphic options

No squeezing for me.

Have you tried unplugging your controller, and using the mouse or keyboard to go into control options and do what you want? Then when you're done, use your controller again? You'll probably have to restart the game after you plug it back in.

Alright got batting to go, thanks.

Now about release time pitching. I dont understand that thing. If a throw a fastball I push down till the yellow circle expands to the fullest and then I push up up till the yellow circle is inside the green one?

Thanks again

Couple of questions:

1. What does "got some new sliders" helped a lot mean?

2. What version of pitching am I using? For fastball I pull back(meter fills) and push Forward on my Thumbpad (dual logitech)

1. Sliders are an option in the game that you can adjust to change the gameplay. Is that what you wanted to know? I didn't fully understand your question.

2. Total Control

1. Sliders are an option in the game that you can adjust to change the gameplay. Is that what you wanted to know? I didn't fully understand your question.

2. Total Control

Thanks and sorry if my Slidera question wasn't clear. I get it now "sliders" refers to the game option sliders(duh)

For some reason when starting a franchise i cannot select a team with the controller or using the mouse or keyboard so im stuck with the angels, same goes for control setup i cannot toggle off of the batting controls, the arrows won't work, any ideas?

Core2Duo e8400

8800gt

360 controller wiith wireless adapter

vista 32

edit: it was a controller mapping issue, all fixed now

How do I change players in game? I mean like change my pitcher or use a pinch hitter? When I played just a random game the substitution option was grayed out and would not allow me to make any.

Down on D-pad. Brings up you lineup cards. Button 2 highlights players.

Hey I have a hardware question for you guys.

For school since I'm going into music I kind of sort of need a Mac because all of their music software and whatnot is Mac compatible.

Anyway, will a standard Macbook White laptop run this game? I've read some stuff and it seems like it might. The thing comes with BootCamp so that I can run the Mac as a PC, but I was wondering if anyone had an idea. Here are the specs:

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics card

320GB

2GB of memory standard, but it will support up to 4 gb

thanks guys

Hello all,

Does anyone know how to resign your players to new contracts? I press every button possible on the controller and it either takes me back to the main menu or, it will ask whether I want to release this player. I have a wired 360 controller set up using XBCD+ drivers. Anything will help.

Thank you,

Jay16509

Hello all,

Does anyone know how to resign your players to new contracts? I press every button possible on the controller and it either takes me back to the main menu or, it will ask whether I want to release this player. I have a wired 360 controller set up using XBCD+ drivers. Anything will help.

Thank you,

Jay16509

Contracts are taken care of in the off-season. Sadly, no in-season contract stuff.

Your video card is good to Go. U should be able to run it decently at the very least.

Thanks for the insight.

Does anyone out there play this game on a Mac through Boot Camp to confirm that it works alright? Because I'm really not all about getting a Mac lol

Archived