2k9 For Dummies

Sharpshooter

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No classic stadiums. Only the current MLB stadiums and a couple of minor league stadiums.

What?!?! :o:huh::angry:

Every baseball game i've ever played had the old stadiums, forbes, crosley, polo grounds, dating back to tony larusa (?) for the pc, or the one prior to windows.....this is a disaster. I didn't look into it before i bought it because i thought it was a given....thats what i get for tHinKinG. I'll post in a different area about my options now, since it is a NECESSITY, less someone wants to answer here or pm me. Thanks!

Actually, I don't see where else to post such a question. Any recomendations on what route i should take if i want to play a baseball game with all the old stadiums, and with the ability to download updated rosters? I don't have an xbox or ps or nintendo, just a thrown together pc. I also don't have the $$ to buy mvp 2005, as it was quite expensive on ebay (although if i hadn't bought mlb2k9 for $20 and a $65 vid card i prob. could have done it). Any suggestions? is it likely or possible someone will create them for mlb2k9 in the near future?

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Rumblepad 2, cordless and I'm having trouble even moving around on the screen, when I finally manage to get to options, I don't know how to change from batting to even get to pitching. Can someone just help me figure my way around so I can hope to configure it? This game is a nightmare.

When fielding the ball I am having a problem throwing to a base other than 1st base. It doesnt matter what I try it always throws to first base so I can never get a double play. Can anyone help. Tks

Using my gamepad, I use the rs stick: Right for 1B, Up for 2b, Left for 3b and Down for Home

Anyone have issues where during the game the players speed up almost like they are on some kind of warp speed??? LOL

I notice it happens when I pause a game for a while. Strangest thing.

• 1 month later...

The hitting in MLB 2k9 is to difficult for me: How can I switch to the old MVP Hitting Style ? 4 in the Settings and then ?! I finally layed down a bunt for an infield single but havent seen a swing from a player I controles. Pitching and Fielding is not the problem, only hitting :(

The hitting in MLB 2k9 is to difficult for me: How can I switch to the old MVP Hitting Style ? 4 in the Settings and then ?! I finally layed down a bunt for an infield single but havent seen a swing from a player I controles. Pitching and Fielding is not the problem, only hitting :(

What controller are you using?

You should be able to press 4 on the keyboard and change Total Control hitting to Classic. Then it should let you press a certain button on the controller to hit.

During franchise mode, the hot cold spots in the strike zone don't work?

Did you purchase the inside edge reports for the teams in question (your opponents)? If you don't, they won't work.

Also if you removed the IE files from the game, it will not work.

• 4 weeks later...

I am using a PS2 controller, and my buttons are all mapped properly. That said, I was in the pitching trainer experimenting with the different pitching options (Total Control vs. Classic, Pinpoint vs. Breakpoint, Release Point or whatever it is) and it seems that nothing I do changes the fact that I can't pitch anything other than Breakpoint Total Control (changeups seem to be locked on Pinpoint, however). I've tried changing these in game and nothing happens then either. Is this is a known issue/glitch, or am I doing something wrong?

(I should note the same issue is the case with batting.)

While I'm at it, is VIP Viewer broken too?

Yeah, I've been having the same problem. I go into the options menu, press 4 on my keyboard, set the options, then they don't seem to apply once I start playing. I even checked during a game, and the options were on, but I couldn't use them. I've double checked all my button mapping, and it's as it should be. So far, this is the only place I've seen this problem mentioned, and it is becoming very frustrating.

Yeah, I've been having the same problem. I go into the options menu, press 4 on my keyboard, set the options, then they don't seem to apply once I start playing. I even checked during a game, and the options were on, but I couldn't use them. I've double checked all my button mapping, and it's as it should be. So far, this is the only place I've seen this problem mentioned, and it is becoming very frustrating.

Do you have the patch for the PC version installed?

What controller are you using?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

OK, here are my issues.

1) As an MVP 05 user(with the upgrades to 08) on PCI cannot get the PC controller configured in MLB2k9!

2) All I want to do is as hitter, swing the bat with 1 button push and direct it with the "d" pad on my logitech controller!

3) On pitching, I want to select the pitch with the correct numbr button, aim it with the left stick and throw the pitch with the push of a button!

4) I would LIKE to be able to just pitch and hit and let the PC take care of base running and fielding, but I guess THAT won't happen either!

5) I would LIKE for the instructions and button modifications within the game control panel to be applicable for the PC, but instead they are all geared to the X-Box!!!!!!!!!!!

All I was hoping for was a playable successor to the EA MVP 2005 (the modders aren't doing a 2009 mod unfortunately); instead I get an awful so called "PC game" that is geared for and the instructions are only for X-box and that is unplayable and useless!!!!!!

What an absolute waste of money!!!!! I guess that as no mods are going to be forthcoming for MVP 05 beyond the current total rosters 08, my PC playing baseball days are over!!!!!

Archived