Mlb 2k9 Realism Sliders

mike360

My version of realism.. converts 2K9 into a realistic baseball game.

Vista Users

Put file in " c:\users\your user name\app data\roaming\2k sports\mlb 2k9\saves\ "

Load the " Realism Sliders Ver1 " file before playing

*if you don't see the app data directory, you have to go into folder options and select " show hidden files and folders "

XP Users

Put file in " c:\Documents and Settings\2K Sports\MLb 2k9\Saves folder\ "

Load the " Realism Sliders Ver1 " file before playing

*** My new sliders called Zer0 Sliders are better than these and much more realistic.. Download them and read the thread.. I'm removing the download link for these sliders..

thank you a lot ,

can you tell what changes you made ?

Yea, I set all the sliders to 50, then went from there, so it came out like this.. I didn't change much.. but the gameplay changed drastically..

all sliders set to 50 except the following..

User Settings

Batting Success --- 25

Batting Contact --- 60

Pitch Meter Speed --- 75

Pitch Speed --- 75

Fielding Errors --- 0

Throw Meter Influence --- 0

CPU Settings

AI Batting Success --- 25

AI Batting Contact --- 60

AI Pitch Success --- 55

AI Strike Zone Tendency --- 20

AI Fielding Errors --- 0

Played one game. Peavy vs Billingsley and was sorta close 5-4. But half the runs were unearned due to the annoying outfielder bugs. There is just no way around those outfielder mistakes unless the game is patched.

The AI was less aggressive and was much realistic to strikeout. They actually took a more pitches. Much better balance than before. I'll test these more.

Played one game. Peavy vs Billingsley and was sorta close 5-4. But half the runs were unearned due to the annoying outfielder bugs. There is just no way around those outfielder mistakes unless the game is patched.

The AI was less aggressive and was much realistic to strikeout. They actually took a more pitches. Much better balance than before. I'll test these more.

Thanks trying them giving feedback.. Yea, the outfield glitches are the worst glitches in the game..

:) I'm just played with realism sliders. One of the best Slider~ GOOD Job

Guru's slieder 3.0 is so a few runs.. buy your slider phil vs yankees 2:0 and bug breakout one play it's very good~

Thank you a lot^0^

I'm glad you enjoy them. I do too.. Thanks for the feedback..

Here's a game I just played in my Yankee franchise with the Realism Sliders ( AI Pitch Success at 55 )

mlb2k92009-03-1017-28-17-36.jpg

Yankees

.434 batting avg.

18 singles

1 double

0 triples

1 HR ( Matsui )

2 Ks

Pitch count was 79 ( 29 balls and 50 strikes )

Orioles

.222 batting avg.

7 singles

1 double

0 triples

0 HRs

1 K

1 stolen base

Pitch count was 73 ( 14 balls and 53 strikes )

Mike these are great.....Keep it up!

I am. I'm tweakin' this set of sliders right now that is so unorthodox that most of you guys would be like, " you're crazy. that's never gonna work. ", but it's yeidling some really realistic and unscripted results. That's what I'm goin' for - unscripted feel. These new sliders I'm workin' on have a completely different feel to 'em. It feels dynamic - there's no predetermined feel to a game - it all depends on the batter's attributes, the pitcher's attributes, and the players timing / skill.

I tried these last night, I was playing on All-Star before this game and I Was getting results that were wins and losses by 2/3 runs. The first game I played with these sliders ended up...

24wd3b9.jpg

I played it with hitters eye only and not the option with the bat as I find that way too difficult. Not sure what to make of how that game went. I also noticed that they were swinging at everything.

I might have to try adjusting the "AI PITCH SUCCESS SLIDER" as you have suggested in the first post.

What do you mean by unorthodox? That sounds scary??

I mean extremes.. you gotta goto extremes to correct this game since it's so extremely unrealistic outta the box.. I'm workin' on getting realistic pitch counts, # of walks, and # of Ks..

Archived