Problems After Patch

Vikrant

I d/l the patch from 2k Sports but now it seems I am experiencing some glitches. When I load LunaSonica's roster, I go to Management/Roster and my keyboard controls stop working. I can't view A/AA/AAA players by pressing 4 on my keyboard. I notice these keyboard problems AFTER installing the patch. It seems that I am forced to use my joystick's button to navigate the menus.

Is anyone having this problem with keyboard buttons not working in menus?

Vikrant...

I also have the problem with using 4 on the keyboard. After installing the patch (which is great) I am unable to use the 4 key...so not able to go to the minors on the roster screen or for changing the method of hitting and pitching in the control screen.

I'm sure there is an answer but so far I haven't figured it out and I have tried suggestions that were offered in another thread.

There are a few others that have the same problem.

A patch to fix the patch? :lol: ....Hopefully there is a better way.

I think I've found a temporary solution. When you load the game and get to the screen where you can choose teams, hit ESCAPE. That will take you to a demo game of some sort. Then, exit the game and try the menu again. You should be able to use the menus with the keyboard fine this way. Load your roster or whatever and try the keyboard buttons again. Kind of a pain but at least it works.

I have the same problem. Thanks for the workaround, that seems to work. However, I use a wireless Xbox 360 controller to play the game... I *ONLY* need to the keyboard to press the "4" button when I am level swapping. Has anyone figured out how to make the controller swap levels? There are no missing button mappings in the setup... It's so annoying to have to get up to press the "4" button every now and then...

I have the same problem. Thanks for the workaround, that seems to work. However, I use a wireless Xbox 360 controller to play the game... I *ONLY* need to the keyboard to press the "4" button when I am level swapping. Has anyone figured out how to make the controller swap levels? There are no missing button mappings in the setup... It's so annoying to have to get up to press the "4" button every now and then...

On my Logitech Dual Action I just press down on the left joystick and it swaps between the different level of players.

Is that what you mean by swapping levels?

Yes, I can't switch between AAA/AA/A. My left joystick press doesn't do it either. I've literally pressed every button and none work (unless it's some strange combination). In your controller setup, do you have the left joystick press (Button 12, or 13, whatever it is) selected for any control?

Though "4" works on my keyboard to swap, I noticed it's not mapped to any control in the controller setup... So I wonder how I'm supposed to map it to my controller in the first place. "B4" is mapped to something like "Numpad 0" or "Numpad ." and not even "4"...

Anyway I'm thinking this might be something I can fix in a controller config file or something, so hopefully there's someone with some insight to this...

I don't know if you can map controls that are displayed at the bottom of the screen on certain menus. You know those rotating commands displayed at the bottom of your menu screen? I don't think you can map those. Not sure.

Good Luck!

I have problems with the keyboard too, but i solved the problem. It was a bit luck, but it worked on my pc. When the mlb 2k9 start screen appears, press the enter-button on your keyboerd. Do not press the start button on your gamepad. I don't know why, but it works...on my pc. I hope it will work on yours. :D

• 4 months later...

I have had serious issues with keyboard and mouse in this game since installing the patch. I have never been able to get my xbox 360 pc wireless controller to work.

On the team selection screen I can scroll forward thru teams but the back arrow does not work with the mouse.

I was told there was a mod or config file here for this fix and cannot find it. Search is usless as all search word need to be 4 characters or more. Search for 360 fails.

I have had the game for two weeks and have never been able to swing the bat. I can bunt but no swing using keyboard or controller.

I really want to play this game but cannot get anything to work. If this was a car it would qualify under the lemon law.

• 4 weeks later...

ok so i dont have any crazy controller or anything else to really help me since i just play on the keyboard fine..works fine after the patch but yes had that toggling issue going to minors and checking stats on players...while in the franchise mode i figured out that if u just simply GO INTO PLAYING THE GAME...AND I MEAN NOT PLAYING JUST PRETEND LIKE UR GONNA AND THEN QUIT THAT EVERYONE WORKED OUT FINE WITH THE BUTTONS...i think someone already said soemthing like this earlier in the post, but it worked for me...just a hassle to do it everytime u get on the game...

Archived