38 members have voted

1. 1. What Team Should I Use?

• Chicago Cubs
    • Minnesota Twins
    • Los Angeles Angels
    • Cleveland Indians
    • Los Angeles Dodgers

holly.jpg

Explanation: Everyone has a favorite baseball film. I myself, can't really pick one due I think many are great including Major League, The Sandlot, Rookie of the Year, etc. While watching them and having already loving baseball as it is, watching baseball films gives the same theme as you get playing or watching with most of them dealing with the fun of baseball truly is. Also getting to know the characters of the film and grow to love favorites like Willie Mays Hayes, Henry Rowengartner, Jim Bowers, Steve Nebraska, Roy Hobbs, Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez, I can go on and on.. Now leads to my idea of this dynasty, where I will put together a team of those great characters you grow to watch in the movies, on your tv or computer and to see how they would compete in today's baseball. I wanted to create an unique dynasty and with my 1994 Dynasty file being lost and deleted unfortunately I wanted to start something new and different. So I put together a 25 man team of great baseball film characters and place them in the major leagues in todays world and play a season with them and see how it turns out. I choose various films to get players from, mostly the ones I know regliously, but be free to give input onto who you might also want to see on the team.

Poll: Now due to I didn't know what team to choose, I made a poll of teams that were the main teams in the films, and I didn't feel like choosing so if you are interested to help me out. Please pick the team you think I should use in this dynasty. I added the Dodgers for another national league team than it being 3 to 1 AL teams and plus LA is..well LA.

Roster: Below is a rough copy of the 25 man roster team I will use for this dynasty. There could be changes before I get everything underaway and like I said be free to suggest who you will like to see play in this dynasty from great baseball films.

Billy Heywood - Coach (Little Big League)

Starting Pitchers

1. Chet "Rocket" Stedman (Rookie Of The Year)

2. Steve Nebraska (The Scout)

3. Ryan Dunne (Summer Catch) I kno..i kno but I needed a lefty pitcher lol

4. Mel Clark (Angels In The Outfield)

5. Ebby "Nuke" LaLoosh (Bull Durham)

Relief Pitchers

1. Whitt Bass (Angels In The Outfield)

2. Jim Bowers (Little Big League)

3. Ed Harris (Major League)

4. Henry Rowengartner (Rookie Of The Year)

5. Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn (Major League)

6. Kenny "The Heater" DeNunez (The Sandlot)

7. Mike McGrevey (Little Big League)

Starting Players:

1. Crash Davis - C (Bull Durham)

2. Lou Collins - 1B (Little Big League)

3. Danny Hammerling - 2B (Angels In The Outfield)

4. Roger Dorn - 3B (Major League)

5. Benny "The Jet"Rodriguez - SS (The Sandlot)

6. Willie Mays Hayes - CF (Major League)

7. Roy Hobbs - RF (The Natural)

8. Scott Smalls - LF (The Sandlot)

Bench Players:

1. Jake Taylor - C (Major League)

2. Pedro Cerrano - OF (Major League)

3. Ray Mitchell - OF/3B (Angels In The Outfield)

4. Stan "Mr. 3000" Ross - 1B (Mr. 3000)

5. Gus Matthews - IF/OF (Benchwarmers)

Players That Will be In the Minor League Team

1. Hamilton "Ham" Porter - C (The Sandlot)

2. Michael "Squints" Palledorous - RF (The Sandlot)

More To Come...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely my favorite dynasty ever right here. One thing though, Ed Harris is in Major League not Angels in the Outfield :)

No love for Bad News Bears huh? Or for Rube Baker?

Forgot a couple earlier:

Jack Elliot from Mr.Baseball. Classic.

Or if you need some pitching, Billy Chapel from For Love of The Game. Not a fan of the movie, but just in case.

Awesome. My boy (8 and 2) have watched The Sandlot every night as they fall asleep for the last 1.5 years. Every night.

Bull Durham, for my generation, is THE movie. I'd bet almost every guy who played HS or NCAA ball when that came out, can quote much of the movie.

I vote Indians just so you can wear those 90s unis ... and Homer has made a Ricky Vaughnn cyberface, complete with "skull" black-framed glasses (eamods).

I vote Indians just so you can wear those 90s unis ... and Homer has made a Ricky Vaughnn cyberface, complete with "skull" black-framed glasses (eamods).

Agreed. And I didn't know that thanks for the information. That will be nice to have with the existing Major League movie roster.

Definitely my favorite dynasty ever right here. One thing though, Ed Harris is in Major League not Angels in the Outfield :)

No love for Bad News Bears huh? Or for Rube Baker?

Forgot a couple earlier:

Jack Elliot from Mr.Baseball. Classic.

Or if you need some pitching, Billy Chapel from For Love of The Game. Not a fan of the movie, but just in case.

No Billy Chapel? For shame.

Yea I was thinking of Jack Elliot but I wasn't sure if I wanted to use him or not plus I already had a first baseman but I might switch him up in the end. And for Billy Chapel, I already had a plan on how I want to use him for later in the dynasty as you'll find out. There's plenty of people who I thought of, just might be using them in a different way later on. Anyway thanks for the the interest already and noticing the typo lol

Awesome. My boy (8 and 2) have watched The Sandlot every night as they fall asleep for the last 1.5 years. Every night.

Bull Durham, for my generation, is THE movie. I'd bet almost every guy who played HS or NCAA ball when that came out, can quote much of the movie.

Ah I didn't know he made a cyberface for him, that's good to know. I'm begining to figure out how to use MVPedit and dealing with that and such so I'm defiantly going to have to get that. That's awesome, thanks for the info and once again thanks for the interest much appreciated.

Also I will continue the voting till tonight and by tomorrow at noon est., the team will be chosen and I can start continue the process of this dynasty. Once again thanks everyone who voted so far, much appreciated. And hope your ready, as I am to get this dynasty rolling.

Yea I was thinking of Jack Elliot but I wasn't sure if I wanted to use him or not plus I already had a first baseman but I might switch him up in the end. And for Billy Chapel, I already had a plan on how I want to use him for later in the dynasty as you'll find out. There's plenty of people who I thought of, just might be using them in a different way later on. Anyway thanks for the the interest already and noticing the typo lol

You could always put Jack Elliot in the minors or have him come over from Japan if you need a bat mid-season ^_^

The suspense is killing me lol. Good luck with all this.

You could always put Jack Elliot in the minors or have him come over from Japan if you need a bat mid-season ^_^

The suspense is killing me lol. Good luck with all this.

Haha yea that could be a possibility..we shall wait and see

Quick Update: Got most of the roster done, still got to mess with the cyberfaces a little and that be set. Also wanted to remind that the voting will still going tonight and it will end tomorrow at noon before I head off to work so I know what team I will be using. Thanks again everyone.

haha yeaa there could be a possibility later on the season, that he might come in handy so I'll keep that in mind.

Anyway just let everyone know that voting ends in a hour, so if you like to vote I recommend you do so and after the hour, we should know what team I will be using in the dynasty. Thanks again for everyone that already voted, much appreciated. Also like to say the roster end of the part is finish with creating the players, now I just need to work with the cyberfaces a bit and than expect updates to begin and the season to get underway fairly quickly after that.

Excellent choice. Wear those sweet 90s unis with pride.

Also, I just thought of another pitcher. Jim Morris from The Rookie.

Yea i'm going to pretty excited to wear those uniforms. It should be good. Ah not sure if I want to use Jim Morris just yet due to he is a real player, but you never know what could happen.

Archived