Virtual Fenway

Sean O

Sean - This is looking nice and I can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm sure that I'll be able to find a suitable place (or single season mod!) for your stadiums. I always have in the past! ^_^

Not sure if this will ever find its way into MVP due to the way it's being built. I suppose it's entirely possible that you could modify what I'm building for MVP usage, and since it'll be fully textured in 3ds max maybe we'll have a much easier transfer than before. But for now, it's a render / web project.

that's awesome sean o! what program are you using for that? it looks very realistic.

Vectorworks is doing most of the lifting, actually on my laptop since I find it easier to draft without being forced into one space with a desktop. When it gets reasonably complete it will shift over to 3ds max so I can use Mental Ray for some serious renders. Put this new i7 to work.

Nice site you got there. You are kinda inspiring to start modeling again. I remember how fun it was especially if don't have to worry about putting it into mvp05 and worry about poly counts. 3dsmax is awesome for renders, you can spend all day just making it look pretty. God now I want to this for Dodger Stadium, damn you Sean.

Nice site you got there. You are kinda inspiring to start modeling again. I remember how fun it was especially if don't have to worry about putting it into mvp05 and worry about poly counts. 3dsmax is awesome for renders, you can spend all day just making it look pretty. God now I want to this for Dodger Stadium, damn you Sean.

Yeah for Wrigley, modeling the the stadium would only be half the fun. You'd have an entire neighborhood to tend to. :D

• 1 month later...

Wow very impressive seano. Could I ask where you found all of the blueprints for Fenway? I'm wondering if there were other blueprints out there, for example, Wrigley.

Fenway blueprints were at Boston Public Library. I'd call the CPL to see what they have. I just started contacting everyone who possibly could've had prints, and BPL ended up having a slew of them.

Very Interesting. Did they send you the blueprints through email? Or did you pick the books up individually?

I spent 5 hours at BPL poring over hundreds of blueprints, taking photos of the ones I thought the most important. I also had copies made of a few sheets which I currently have in my possession. I'd really like to catalog everything they have, because with so many sheets it would be nice to see if we had a complete set through it all.

Archived