Making Facepacks

darth alru

i thought the same too but if u change one that doesnt have a photo it will make all of those have the same face,i allready tried that.I wrote a email to a couple of people for 2k to see what program would be used to change portraits but they answered with that they wont promote modding of thier game so i guess we are stuck with going thru texmod which sux having to run another program just to see changes in portraits

...they wont promote modding of thier game...

when will (more) gaming companies finally realize that user-friendliness (i.e. modding) only keeps customers more interested in their games and keeps them coming back for more?!

*sigh*

there's a very good reason MVP 2005 (and even 2004) are still going strong to this day. community modding ... is it!

yeah i agree ,who knows more than the people who play the games on a regular basis and know what they want improved.Not only that it give people a chance who may have more or better ideas and a way to show thier ideas

Watch this http://www.eamods.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=191&t=6026

As you see on picture this guy not only changed a cyberfaces of Johnny Damon & Joba Chamberlain, but their trading cards too. Tradingcards.iff is unable to open by IFF editor, and it has tradingcards.cdf file just like for portraits. We still don't know how to open *.cdf files, but somehow this guy did it. That's the key, I believe!!!! :excl:

u can get them thru each team's official site and going into the rosters and click on the players names and most of the time u can get an updated portrait.Some players havnt been updated but u can sometimes go thru yahoo fantasy ,sportsline or even espn and find an updated one

u can get them thru each team's official site and going into the rosters and click on the players names and most of the time u can get an updated portrait.Some players haven't been updated but u can sometimes go thru yahoo fantasy ,sportsline or even espn and find an updated one

I know. But... Team sites have no player portraits in their profiles, only in-game photos, other sites have 60x80 resolution portraits, which are too little for quality facepacks. I don't even speak 'bout cybers :huh:

• 1 month later...

I assume this is what you meant given that this is posted in the correct forum, but just to confirm, this works for MLB 2K9?

Interesting. Probably not a game-saver, but definitely an improvement.

Thanks for the heads-up! :)

Yes, it really works for MLB 2k9. We can edit portraits or logos now :yahoo:

Archived