Mlb2K10 Roster Editor

tywiggins

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Version 0.10 done. If you click my signature, you are taken to a page that has a paypal "Buy Now" button, and a link to the download page. This first version has a 3650 day free trial.

You can edit:

1. uncompressed roster.iff -- Default Roster

2. .ros files -- Roster

3. .fxg files -- Franchise

4. .cmg files -- My Player (Career)

What you can edit:

portrait number

face number

Date of Birth

jersey number

height

weight

Other features:

Automatically backs up your file every time you save it. These files are saved in the MLB2K10 Roster Editor folder. The files have the original name followed by ".bak" followed by the date the file was backed up, followed by the time the file was backed up.

There is also a button to delete all of the automatic backups in your MLB2K10 Roster Editor folder

Ty,

Do not know if I am doing anything wrong. I am trying to edit one of the *.Ros files. I can edit the name in, and I select the option to save the player. Unfortunatly, when I went back to check one of the players I had previously entered data on (thought I had misspelled something), it showed that I had no edits on they player. The original fake name was still there. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I have tried running the program in compatability mode, but no such luck. I also tried to edit the roster.iff file, and I was given the error message compressed roster.iff file is not supported. I do not know what is going on with this. I am sorry. If you could look into this, I would be grateful. Thanks, Jay

Ty:

Any way you could look into implementing this editing tool for the 360 version? I'd pay for a full editor & I'm sure a many others would as well. It's sad to see the player edit limits on the console versions & not have anything to help us out either.

Please look into this if you have time & like I said I'd pay for a "full" editor for the 360. There are tons of 360 gamers totally frustrated about the edit limits & we need a fix. That's not coming from 2K Sports for sure. :rolleyes:

why can't i get my roster editor to work on windows 7 now????? get a error saying "unable to acquire Crypt provider" what the hell is this lol

I'll have to look into this.

Ty,

Do not know if I am doing anything wrong. I am trying to edit one of the *.Ros files. I can edit the name in, and I select the option to save the player. Unfortunatly, when I went back to check one of the players I had previously entered data on (thought I had misspelled something), it showed that I had no edits on they player. The original fake name was still there. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I have tried running the program in compatability mode, but no such luck. I also tried to edit the roster.iff file, and I was given the error message compressed roster.iff file is not supported. I do not know what is going on with this. I am sorry. If you could look into this, I would be grateful. Thanks, Jay

Name editing will be in the next version.

that sounds awesome,can't wait!! I'll pay for a full editor.

Is there anyway to add Portrait importing? I hate seeing my team with the wrong hat on :(

You can replace portraits with this: http://downloads.moddingway.com/file/2909.html

can you edit throwing arms as well or will that be in a future version.

That will be in the next version.

In the next version will be able to edit players names it doesn't seem to work with this version.

That is the main reason for this editor to get rid of all of the fake names.

Anyway so far editor looks nice.

Keep up the Great Work.

That will be in the next version.

why can't i get my roster editor to work on windows 7 now????? get a error saying "unable to acquire Crypt provider" what the hell is this lol

One person got that error last year. He never left a second message though, so I'm not sure if he fixed it.

If you have 32-bit windows, install this -- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=a5c84275-3b97-4ab7-a40d-3802b2af5fc2

If you have 64-bit windows, install this -- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=ba9257ca-337f-4b40-8c14-157cfdffee4e

If that doesn't help, install this -- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7

I notice the portrait id's in the .iff are different then the ones from this editor shows. Any idea why?

Do you mean the numbers that the NBA2K10 Mod tool shows? Like 0 = 455193 . The first number is the index, the second number is the address where the portrait is in the portrait.cdf file.

Do you mean the numbers that the NBA2K10 Mod tool shows? Like 0 = 455193 . The first number is the index, the second number is the address where the portrait is in the portrait.cdf file.

Yeah, for Brad penny in your editor the id=900 and for the NBA2k10 mod it's 19=55246845

Yeah, for Brad penny in your editor the id=900 and for the NBA2k10 mod it's 19=55246845

The number that I show is the number that is stored in the roster files. It matches the players cyberface number for pretty much everyone that has their own cyberface.

The numbers that NBA2K10 Mod tool are just how the portraits are arranged in the file.

You might ask the guy that wrote the NBA2K10 Mod tool if he knows how the game finds the appropriate portrait from the portrait number. I wasn't able to find out last year.

still not working for me in Google chrome...

when will the new version be out? I want to edit player names :)

You probably didn't reload the page.

My guess is between 2 and 7 days.

Here's my list of what I'll add for the next version:

Names

Position

Throws

Bats

Ty:

Any way you could look into implementing this editing tool for the 360 version? I'd pay for a full editor & I'm sure a many others would as well. It's sad to see the player edit limits on the console versions & not have anything to help us out either.

Please look into this if you have time & like I said I'd pay for a "full" editor for the 360. There are tons of 360 gamers totally frustrated about the edit limits & we need a fix. That's not coming from 2K Sports for sure. :rolleyes:

I guess you missed that from me. Care to enlighten me on whether you think this can be done on the 360? I know you're focus right now is for the PC but maybe later on this possibly? Thanks! ;)