Building A Mvpmods Online League For Pc...

Barnes

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little bit off topic perhaps, but wanted to ask 2 questions about online :

1) does it actually work. I have not read a lot about pc online for this game. Are the servers working, is there lag?

2) does applying any of the mods prevent me from playing online?

Sorry for being off topic but i really want to get this game and join a league.

Hi Guys,

I will try to answer everyones questions now...

Opening day will be April 5th (Monday), we will not build the league in-game until we have 30 Teams or April 3rd which ever comes first.If we don't have 30 teams by April 3rd we will create the League with the Teams we have.

2KSports should come out with a Patch and Opening day rosters somewhere around April 5th.You will be allowed to use your Rosters any way you want.We will not reconize real life injuries because it will be to tough to regulate.Injuries will be ON in our league so your gonna have your fair share of injuries anyway.

We will try to finish the season by October 4th.I would like our Playoffs to run the same time as real life.

I will create the league and send everyone a PM with the Name and password on April 3rd, early morning EST.

As far as our friends overseas... It will be really tough to schedule games due to Timezones.I'm sure that all games will be played between 8:00pm to 1:00am EST,Westcoast Teams would go as late as 4:00am EST when they play each other.If your overseas you will need to play during those times.I read somewhere that MLB2K10 is regional,I don't think that people that live overseas can join an American leagues(I'm not sure about this).Also we have the issue of Lag.

I will allow overseas members but if lag and scheduling become a problem you will need to be replaced.

can i advert it on 2k sports fourum

I don't think we need too, We have 1/2 the league already and this Thread has only been up 2 days.If we need to fill in some gaps later we can advert in the 2K forums.I don't want some fly-by-nights signing up then never seeing them again.I know that MVPMods members are true baseball fans and will play all season.

A little bit off topic perhaps, but wanted to ask 2 questions about online :

1) does it actually work. I have not read a lot about pc online for this game. Are the servers working, is there lag?

2) does applying any of the mods prevent me from playing online?

Sorry for being off topic but i really want to get this game and join a league.

1) Yes, leagues are working as far as I know.It is quick online games and whos online that does not work for me.Whos Online in League mode does work though.2Ksports is working on a patch that will solve most online issues.Lets just hope it's before opening day.

2)No, replacing uniform files should not effect online play.I would NOT mess with Stadium or global files though,they could effect online play.

Theres a lot of talk about bunting and how it's an exploit due to slow animations. Assuming this is not addressed in the upcoming patch can we ... although it's against strategic baseball... remove bunting.

The exploit is due to the slow animation pretty much every bunt turns into a basehit. I presume the person has to have atleast adaquate speed. Havn't done a lot of online play... well none thus far so if anyone else has seen this let me know. I know I usually cant catch the cpu when they bunt with their leadoff batters =(

I'll take the Brew Crew since someone stole my beloved Cardinals...it'll be nice to learn more about a new team though.

My ingame name is SeveredSoulXXX

Get lucky maybe we will have to make a trade or 2 :p

Theres a lot of talk about bunting and how it's an exploit due to slow animations. Assuming this is not addressed in the upcoming patch can we ... although it's against strategic baseball... remove bunting.

The exploit is due to the slow animation pretty much every bunt turns into a basehit. I presume the person has to have atleast adaquate speed. Havn't done a lot of online play... well none thus far so if anyone else has seen this let me know. I know I usually cant catch the cpu when they bunt with their leadoff batters =(

Let's just hope they fix it before opening day, If not we can make a "No Bunt" rule.

With a name like BigTStetson, The Texas Rangers are a perfect fit.

Texas Rangers will be perfectly fine! lol. Since Astros are taken, and I live in Houston, TX. RANGERS do make the perfect fit! lol

TY MUCH SIR!!

Look forward to the season(s)!!

BigTStetson

I've played 3 online games and they all sucked.The lag is god aweful even with guys with good connections.Plus I never see Who's Online,I can sit here for a hour and never see a single name in the list.I have got 3 invites to play but never saw their name in the list.In all 3 games the lag was so bad it was impossable to make contact.

I was really hoping for some good online baseball,but I don't think 2KSports cares anything about the PC version,online or off.They added online play so we would stop bitching, then gave us 56K servers to play on so it would suck so bad you will go buy the console version.

I hope league play is better because the way it is now,it just plain sucks!

I've played 3 online games and they all sucked.The lag is god aweful even with guys with good connections.Plus I never see Who's Online,I can sit here for a hour and never see a single name in the list.I have got 3 invites to play but never saw their name in the list.In all 3 games the lag was so bad it was impossable to make contact.

I was really hoping for some good online baseball,but I don't think 2KSports cares anything about the PC version,online or off.They added online play so we would stop bitching, then gave us 56K servers to play on so it would suck so bad you will go buy the console version.

I hope league play is better because the way it is now,it just plain sucks!

Yup, any game I've played it has been laggy

My ISP is upgrading my DSL speed from 1.5 mbps to 6.0 mbps. I didn't even know that speed was available in my area.I need more speed anyway but I hope it fixes the aweful lag in this game.

They are coming to upgrade today,So I will soon find out.

I would like to play. LA Dodgers. 2k account is Salad10203. Are all games against human opponents?

Yes, all games are with human opponents.The LA Dodgers are already taken.Please look at the first post of this thread and pick a Team that is available.

Archived