~Return Of The Elephants~Oakland Athletics 2010

rookie_rick

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey rick,

Here's a template I was working on and was possibly planning on using.  It's modeled after ESPN's layout, and really very simple to make.  Since I won't be presenting a dynasty anymore, it's yours if you think you might use it.  If not, no big deal. Someone at VSN made one like it a while back, and I thought I'd try my hand at it.  You would have to change the logos and the color of the logo backgrounds obviously, but other than that, everything is done.

Let me know.

Hey rick,

Here's a template I was working on and was possibly planning on using. It's modeled after ESPN's layout, and really very simple to make. Since I won't be presenting a dynasty anymore, it's yours if you think you might use it. If not, no big deal. Someone at VSN made one like it a while back, and I thought I'd try my hand at it. You would have to change the logos and the color of the logo backgrounds obviously, but other than that, everything is done.

Let me know.

1j85fs.jpg

That looks pretty good man, could you send me the PSD in an email please? So i could mess around with it and make it my own?

Also could you include that one you used for the player comparison in your Red's Franchise please because i have been trying to create one for ages and i just can't get it to look right. :friends:

I will obviously change it around a little bit but i will use it as a base to start from.

I love you JR :drinks:

My email is redsox-nation-rick@hotmail.co.uk

That looks pretty good man, could you send me the PSD in an email please? So i could mess around with it and make it my own?

Also could you include that one you used for the player comparison in your Red's Franchise please because i have been trying to create one for ages and i just can't get it to look right. :friends:

I will obviously change it around a little bit but i will use it as a base to start from.

I love you JR :drinks:

My email is redsox-nation-rick@hotmail.co.uk

No problem, rick. Gimme a few minutes and I'll send them both to you. The colors behind the logos, on the one in the pic above, may be a little tricky to pull off (re coloring them, etc.) if you haven't done anything like that before. Any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask. :hi:

*Edit - Don't pay any attention to the layers or layer names, they're mostly a mess and some are not even named. When I get in the "dungeon", I just stay focused and keep moving. Name them whatever you want, if you want. :D

No problem, rick. Gimme a few minutes and I'll send them both to you. The colors behind the logos, on the one in the pic above, may be a little tricky to pull off (re coloring them, etc.) if you haven't done anything like that before. Any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask. :hi:

Thanks man, it is really appreciated :)

I sent you a message on the PS3 but i might as well ask you here as your online.

Fancy playing a game online a little later if your free?

I don't name the layers anyway :D

What do you mean by the coloring? Isn't it just a shape behind the logo?

Thanks man, it is really appreciated :)

I sent you a message on the PS3 but i might as well ask you here as your online.

Fancy playing a game online a little later if your free?

I don't name the layers anyway :D

What do you mean by the coloring? Isn't it just a shape behind the logo?

Sorry man, but I won't be able to play today.  I'm actually working (i know, i know, so why am i here?) and have a deadline I have to meet tomorrow morning, so I'm going to be up kind of late. But I'd love to play either tomorrow or sometime this weekend.  I'll be free after tomorrow afternoon until at least Sunday night. 

As far as the coloring, I know a trick (short cut) that a lot of people may not know.  Choose the color you want for your (highlighted) layer, or shape, and then hit alt+shift+delete.  This will color your layer without having to select it and so on, but you may still have to apply the gradient.

Anyway rick, I'll be around for the weekend.

Sorry man, but I won't be able to play today. I'm actually working (i know, i know, so why am i here?) and have a deadline I have to meet tomorrow morning, so I'm going to be up kind of late. But I'd love to play either tomorrow or sometime this weekend. I'll be free after tomorrow afternoon until at least Sunday night.

As far as the coloring, I know a trick (short cut) that a lot of people may not know. Choose the color you want for your (highlighted) layer, or shape, and then hit alt+shift+delete. This will color your layer without having to select it and so on, but you may still have to apply the gradient.

Anyway rick, I'll be around for the weekend.

It's okay, i thought i would ask as i can get on the 48" tv tonight and i haven't played online but just let me know when ever your free to play and i will try and get on.

Tut tut, you should be making sure you meet that deadline :p

Ah right, thanks i will give that a try. That will probably make a lot of my other stuff a lot quicker and easier as well :D

I will definintly be around at the weekend so if we can't get online at the same time before then, i will give you a game then :drinks:

Nice win, rick, it looks like you're climbing back to a respectable spot in the division. Good job. :drinks:

I'm still chasing down Seattle after their great start but i'm not far behind and ahead of the Angels which is always something to be happy about. :drinks:

I still wish Billy Beane would make one of those trades where he gets a decent player for half the season and then ships them off again :D

I still wish Billy Beane would make one of those trades where he gets a decent player for half the season and then ships them off again :D

I hear you, for some "odd reason", the A's always look better on paper before July.  Bastards. 

But anyway, I'm 2-3 in my A's season and will be catching up in the next couple of days.  Might be fun to do some comparing.  As for presenting, the stage is all yours my friend, I think I'm taking the year off.  :D

I hear you, for some "odd reason", the A's always look better on paper before July. Bastards.

But anyway, I'm 2-3 in my A's season and will be catching up in the next couple of days. Might be fun to do some comparing. As for presenting, the stage is all yours my friend, I think I'm taking the year off. :D

I wouldn't mind getting a "Matt Holliday" type person for half a year just for the power numbers but then again i would prefer to be a "small ball" team with the occasional home run.

You started better than me :D I hope Ryan Sweeney is doing a lot better for you than he is for me :D I might consider giving Sweeney a few days of because Gabe Gross is doing a great job for me so far this season. A Ben Zobrist breakout type year might be on the horizon :p

Well the baseball season is very long, i really doubt you will be able to take a whole year off :p You will be pulled back with a post All-Star break Franchise or a Play-Off type presentation :D

You are more than welcome to post anything you want in here regards to your A's and make it all fancy in photoshop if you want because then it will make the thread look better :p :drinks:

hey great stuff so far rick! Got a question tho, how do you record the highlight reel??

Thanks, when you finish the game let the highlights run through completely and you will be given an option to save them. If you happen to skip the highlights you can go on to highlight reel and watch it fully and then it will also ask to you if you want to save it.

Hey Rick, this is looking great man!

Thanks, i have been checking out your New York Franchise and it is starting to look pretty good. :friends:

lol, hey rick, just get the pic you want from the game and open it in Photoshop. Zoom in on the pic (I usually zoom in 3 times @ 400%), and use the Polygonal Lasso Tool to cut out the player.

That's it. :D

I didn't try zooming in so much :facepalm: At 200% the lasso kept cutting pieces off of Chavez and also my pictures were taken to far away from the player so they would have been too small.

Well i know for next time and i will try to get it right :D

Archived