Increase Hrs Through Data File

mcbearcat

I saw a discussion of increasing home runs through the data file for MVP 2005 in that forum, but I don't see anything about it for MVP 2004. Can it be done?

I'm looking to up the dingers for played games, but not simmed ones. My players lead the league in BA and doubles, but they are truly woeful in HR production. I suppose that's because I play with the keyboard, but that's not changing. I'm cheap and I actually like playing with the keyboard, except for this one detail.

Thanks,

Tom

There are two lines youj can edit. Batterai. And batter. In the batterai. Edit values. 15 to 31. Try searching for the datafile spreadsheet tutorial. This tells what each value stands for. And get yourself a controller. I'm sure you can spare 10 to 15 bucks

There are two lines youj can edit. Batterai. And batter. In the batterai. Edit values. 15 to 31. Try searching for the datafile spreadsheet tutorial. This tells what each value stands for. And get yourself a controller. I'm sure you can spare 10 to 15 bucks

Thanks, kumala. I'm brand new to modding and still having a bad time getting started, so please excuse my denseness. I downloaded the spreadsheet and tutorial. The readme with the spreadsheet refers to datafile.txt, but the only "datafile" in my install of mvp baseball is called datafile.big. Is it the same file? In the tutorial, it tells me to look for titles like <batter>, but I can't find them. Do I need a different program to view datafile.big?

Thanks again,

mcbearcat

you have to extract the datafile.txt from the datafile.big using a tool found in the download section. bigGui is used to extract the file.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1100 is the download link.

open bigGui and go file>open>locate the datafile.big

screen down and locate the datafile.txt and extract to location of choice.

next, locate the tool dfcomputil.exe and use this to open up the datafile.txt

I'm sorry to say that I still need help. When I try to open datafile.gui in BigGUI, I get this error: "error: C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\MVP Baseball 2004\data\datafile\datafile.big has a invalid header". I even tried reinstalling the game, just in case the file got corrupt, but I still get the error.

Anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Archived