What Ballparks Have You Been In?

Yankee4Life

I did a search for a similar topic on this site and I couldn't find it and if someone like Dylan finds it somewhere on this site I'll be embarrassed. (Right about now he's off and searching for it.)

Anyways, what this thread is about to let everyone know about the major and minor league ballparks you have been lucky enough to visit and your experiences there and what you thought of it.

Ballparks I've been in

Memorial Stadium, Baltimore This is where I saw my first major league game. It was a double header between the Orioles and the Chicago White Sox. Huge stadium compared to what I was used to. Decent crowd was there for a summer game in Baltimore and it just happened to fall on my birthday. The Orioles made the home town crowd happy as they won both games. What I also remember about this was that we did not see the entire second game because my mother started to get bored so we had to go. I liked it because I got to see a lot of former Red Wings play.

Exhibition Stadium, Toronto Toronto's first year in the major leagues was in 1977 and once again it was my mother with an assist from my sister that wanted to leave early because of boredom. This game was played the day after my birthday and the Jays were hosting the Detroit Tigers. I knew I was going to have a tough time seeing the entire game because the game went into extra innings and eventually Toronto won it in the 13th by the score of 8 - 6. We made it to the eleventh and that was that. So far the only full major league game I saw was the first game of the Oriole-White Sox doubleheader five years before this and if there was any way that we could have ducked out early in that game we would have but my father and I wanted to see the game.

For anyone who did not get to see the Blue Jays play in Exhibition Stadium you missed nothing. It was no place to play baseball. But for a baseball fan like myself it was just fine because I saw Ron Leflore play and Rusty Staub and even Mickey Stanley. I didn't mind it at all. It was baseball.

Yankee Stadium, the Bronx I actually was lucky enough to be here twice. One time with my family and one time on a bus trip with my father. When I was there with my family it was the year that the stadium opened up after the renovation and they were playing the Royals. The Yankees were flat that day as they lost to Kansas City 2 - 1. But I saw players like Brett of Kansas City, Rivers, Munson, Nettles, etc in person and for a young Yankee fan it was a thrill. This remains the biggest ballpark I have ever been in. The second time I was here was in 1979, and it was a lot better. The Yankees played Boston and they won two of the three games that we attended. I saw Reggie Jackson homer and Tommy John, Jim Hunter and Luis Tiant pitch for the Yankees. It was a thrill being there and the weekend for me just flew by. Every time I hear the phrase describing Yankee Stadium as the Cathedral of Baseball I nod my head because I know exactly what they mean.

Three Rivers Stadium, Pittsburgh Me and a friend of mine took a bus trip to Pittsburgh because he was a big Dodger fan and when I was asked to go I said why not, I'd love to see the Dodgers and Pirates because I was and still am a big fan of the National League style of play with no DH. That was another big stadium and we sat in the third deck nosebleed section. They call it nosebleed for a reason because you are almost looking straight down to see the action on the field. It took me awhile to get used to my seating arrangement. Pittsburgh won two of the three games played. The Sunday game was a double header and once again I did not see the entire game and this time I could not blame it on my mother. The people on the bus excursion wanted to get an early go of it so they could get back home because they thought the first game "took too long" so we had to leave in the middle innings of game two that the Pirates won in dramatic fashion in the last of the ninth. My friend and I were upset to say the least when we found out the next day what we missed.

Jack Murphy Stadium, San Diego I saw the Padres a few times when I was stationed in San Diego when I was in the service. And when you hear that the west coast fan doesn't know the game that well and has to be told to clap and cheer and etc? Well, believe it. It looked like these people were just there to get a suntan. Now I am no expert baseball strategist and I don't pretend to be but at one point in the game the Padres had an obvious bunting situation coming up and I said outloud to no one in particular that "I bet he's going to bunt" and sure enough he did. A guy a few seats away from me asked me when the play was over "how did I know they would do that?"

But Jack Murphy was a fine stadium and it was a fair stadium for baseball. And you sure couldn't beat the weather there.

Fenway Park, Boston Of all the major league ballparks I have been to this place more than any other place. Go figure that. I was there in 1986, 1987, 1989 and 1991. And truth be told it is a nice place to watch a ball game. The last time I went there in '91 was for a Yankee series and the Yanks lost two of three. It was just terrible. Especially the second game. But I did see Clemens pitch for Boston. The Yanks were lucky to win just one with people like Wade Taylor, Scott Sanderson and Pascual Perez on the hill for you. At least the Yankees won the get away game which made the ride home so much faster.

I like to joke that when I was in Fenway Park that I "beat up the entire third base side" but the truth is no one bothered me when I had my Yankee hat on. Partly it was because the Yankees had a bad team that year (they were under 500) and the Red Sox were not and partly it was because I was not looking for any trouble. I just wanted to see some games. I appreciated the history of that place and I still do but when I was there I didn't like some of the things that the fans did. During the game someone would come out with a beachball and then they'd bounce it around until it went on the field or an usher would grab it. It was a major distraction especially when you were in the section where it was going on. And then they'd do the wave, another thing that took away from watching the game. And everyone would do it. Believe me when your section stood up to do the wave you could be sure that something interesting just happened on the field and you missed it. I was thinking to myself that these people did not know how fortunate they were. They are able to live in a major league city and go to a nice ballpark to watch the American League play and all they cared to do when they were there was to do anything but watch the game.

The reason why I went to Fenway Park four different times was at this time in my life I was single and I liked to go on bus trips to see the games and the price to go to Boston was more reasonable then it was for the New York trips. And I had no desire to go to Shea Stadium or Veterans Stadium, so Fenway it was and that was fine. If the people there did not do these things during the game it would have made it a better experience for me when I was there. The Sox fans treated me fine. No one beat me up. The seafood in Boston will make you cry because it is so wonderful. It's just that what they did took a lot away from my total experience there.

Skydome, Toronto Here is where I saw my last major league game to date. August 31 and September 1st, 2002. The Skydome is one impressive park. We were there in the summer with the roof open and the weather was great. The CN tower was in the background and everything looked nice. Toronto's a nice city and it is also nice and clean. The Canadians are friendly people and it was a fun weekend except for the games that we saw because the Yankees lost both of them.

One quick story about a pain in the ass that was on our bus. When we went to the Sunday game the Jays were giving out tin lunch boxes to everyone with pictures of the key Blue Jay players on them. Carlos Delgado and Vernon Wells were some of the players on the lunch box. Well, this dumbass lady is given one and she gives it back to the girl and asks her if she could have a Yankee one instead. Somebody -I don't know who- yelled at her from behind and told her she was in Toronto and if she didn't want the God Damned lunchbox to keep moving. One of the funniest things I ever saw.

Minor Leagues

Silver Stadium, Rochester For sentimental reasons my favorite park. It's gone now because they wanted to build a ballpark in a different area of the city away from the criminal element that grew around the stadium in its final years. Translation: there were too many black people living in the Norton Street, Remington and North Clinton area.

I learned baseball at this place and I got to see a lot of future major leaguers. Spending my teenage years at this place I got to know every nook and cranny of this place and where to go to get in for free and all the really important stuff a kid should know about his home park.

Frontier Field, Rochester The least said about this the better. I go here once or twice a year and that is that. Less seats than Silver Stadium and no roof. But Red Wing management loves it!

MacArthur Stadium, Syracuse Back in those days the Syracuse Chiefs were the top farm team of the Yankees so of course I had to go there to see them play in their home park. There used to be bus trips from Silver Stadium to Syracuse and we'd go there to see the game and come home as soon as it was done. The ballpark had a big centerfield, about 437 feet away from home plate and it was much smaller than Silver. But it looked fine to me. The Syracuse fans liked their park and that was all that mattered.

Aloha Stadium, Honolulu When I was in the service I watched a few games at this park. It's the same field where they play the Pro Bowl. So obviously there are more seats here for a minor league game than what is needed. I don't think they ever had a sell out for baseball. This is also one of my favorite parks because of the location. I never had a bad seat any time that I attended a game here.

I have been to Fenway Park countless times, first time was in 1992, the most recent was last Sunday against Tampa Bay. I've been to four games at Sky Dome/ Rogers Centre, once in 1999 (Wakefield v. Clemens) and for a 3 game series in September of 2007, where the Red Sox were swept. The highlight of this 3 gmae sereies was leaving early after the 3rd game and being taunted by a "Yankees" fan who said in the thickest Caanadian accent of all time "Nice little 3 game sweep, eh?" To which I replied nice 3rd place finnish. He then said I'm actually a Yankees fan, I've got seasons down in the Bronx. The odd part of this was the Yankees where playing in New York that night.

As for minor league parks I've been to McCoy and Hadlock when the Sea Dogs were still affiliated with Florida

also, have to agree about the wave, I'm about 99.9% sure Fenway is the only place that still does the wave, I think everyone else stopped in the mid 90's.

forgot to mention Doubleday field in Cooperstown, NY

I was in section 32, but after everyone started to leave I moved to the first row behind the Red Sox dugout

I love 32, love it. Cheap tickets, great view, near the monster, easy access to concessions and restrooms.

Anyway, I've been to Angel Stadium pre-renovation (awful, soulless and dark), Renovated Yankee Stadium (in desperate need of renovation, instead of replacement), Wrigley (likewise), Camden, CBP and PNC (both excellent) and US Cellular (truly underrated). Will visit Coors Field for the first time in June, and hopefully the Nationals Penitentiary at some point.

I was in section 32, but after everyone started to leave I moved to the first row behind the Red Sox dugout

Fulton County Stadium(GONE)- Atlanta, Georgia

Game 6 of the 1995 World Series against the Cleveland Indians! AMAZing!

Turner Field- Atlanta, Georgia

The first game ever played at the new stadiun! I think it was an exhibition match, but it was the N.Y. Yankees @ the Atlanta Braves

I really miss the old school Tomahawk Chop! One of the greatest crowd interactions in sports!

Cinergy Field(GONE) - Cincinnati, Ohio

The Atlanta Braves @ the Cincinnati Reds Ken Griffey Jr. The purest, sweetest swing ever! My generations guy!

Cinergy Field

St. Louis Cardinals @ Cincinnati Reds Mark McGuire.......I think he hit 61/62 to get the lead back from Sosa.

Safeco Field -Seattle, Washington

The Safehouse! Last year, it was a great game, Ichiro is a wizard!

You don't appreciate these stadiums until they are gone!

I've only had the chance to catch some games in Bank One Ballpark/Chase Field in Phoenix since it's the closer one for me.

On march 2008 I had a once in a lifetime chance to visit Yankee Stadium (there werent any games since it was march) but man it was like a dream come true for me, going in the subway viewing the field from the outfield from the window was awesome, I had the chance to see the field since it was like 3 PM and doors were open (the team store was, too). I know it may sound stupid but I could feel the aura of the stadium when I was walking arround it. I will never forget that day.

I'm saving some money to buy some good seats for the Yankees series at Chase Field against the Diamondbacks, it'll be the first time I'll watch a live Yanks game in my life. :)

And here in Mexico I have been to my hometown team stadium and to Hermosillo's Hector Espino stadium, it's like beeing a Yanks fan going to Fenway Park, they're our biggest rivals.

My buddy and I have been trying to see them all since college.

First time in each, in Chronological order:

• Tiger Stadium, Detroit, 1984
  • Busch Stadium I, St. Louis, 1991
  • Skydome, Toronto, 1994
  • Comerica Park, Detroit, 2000
  • Jacob's Field, Cleveland, 2002
  • Wrigley Field, Chicago (First time was Sammy Sosa corked bat game), 2003
  • Great American Ballpark, Cincinnati, Opening Day 2005
  • PNC Park, Pittsburgh, 2005
  • U.S. Cellular Field, Chicago, 2005
  • Miller Park, Milwaukee, 2005
  • Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Baltimore, Opening Day 2006
  • Fenway Park, Boston, 2006
  • Yankee Stadium, New York, 2006
  • Shea Stadium, New York, 2006
  • RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C., 2006
  • Citizen's Bank Park, Philadelphia, 2006
  • Dolphins Stadium, Miami, 2007
  • Tropicana Field, Tampa Bay, 2007
  • Safeco Field, Seattle, Opening Day 2008
  • Bank One Ballpark, Phoenix, 2008
  • Turner Field, Atlanta, 2008
  • Petco Park, San Diego, Opening Day 2009
  • Citi Field, New York, 2009
  • Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome, Minneapolis, Game 163, 2009
  • Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City, Opening Day 2010

Also Minor League parks in Toledo, Lansing, and Brooklyn.

They're to America what cathedrals are to Europe: the work of our best and brightest architects.

I've been to around 10 regular season Red Sox games, and 2 playoff games there. The first playoff game was Game 3 of the 2003 ALDS vs Oakland, where Trot Nixon hit a walk off homerun in the 11th inning to win it. The other playoff game was Game 7 of the 2007 ALCS where the Sox faced the Indians.

As for other MLB parks, I've been to

- Olympic Stadium in 2004 (Montreal Expos) last year they existed. They were always my second favorite team. They beat the Dodgers with a walk-off walk. Pretty cool.

- Turner Field in 2006 (Atlanta Braves) Great stadium, huge screen in centerfield, and I got Papelbon's autograph.

- Petco Park in 2007 (San Diego Padres) Beautiful stadium. Greg Maddux pitched and the weather was perfect (when is it not in San Diego.)

- Going to AT&T Park this summer, I'm really excited.

As for Minor Leagues, I usually go to 4 Lowell Spinners games a year (Boston Red Sox Single - A affiliate.) Their stadium is LeLacheur Park.

The very first game I ever saw was a Saturday game in May or June of 1973 - Braves vs. Mets at Shea Stadium. I was in 6th grade and we took a school bus from Connecticut to New York. As I recall, we were in the nosebleed seats in the outfield, about as high as you could go, and the players looked SO small from where were. :D

I've been to Fenway Park 5 or 6 times. The last time was probably 8 or 9 years ago.

From 1999 - 2007, I saw at least one game in old Yankee Stadium each year. I probably saw 12 games over that span.

As far as minor league games, I think I saw a New Britain Rock Cats (AA) game once and a Pawtucket Red Sox (AAA) game once.

I went to college in Florida, and I did get to one Spring Training game. It was a 1983 game - Yankees vs. Dodgers at Vero Beach, FL. I remember that Billy Martin was managing the Yankees and Tommy Lasorda was managing the Dodgers.

I haven't been to a lot of ballparks, unfortunately. I've only ever been to Yankee Stadium three times and Progressive Field in Cleveland once. I've also been to the (former) Cooper Stadium in Columbus, OH, but I've yet to get to the new one, Huntington Park, although I've heard it's actually quite respectable as new stadiums go. Ever since the Yankees left for Scranton, though, I haven't been paying quite as much attention.

Majors:

Dodger Stadium (Dodgers)

The Big A (Angels)

Chase Field (D-Backs)

Ballpark in Arlington (Rangers)

Network Coliseum (A's)

Candlestick Park (former home of the Giants)

Minors:

Sam Lynn Ball Park (Rangers A Ball Bakersfield, CA)

Recreation Ballpark (D-Backs A Ball Visalia, CA)

Clear Channel Stadium (Astros A Ball Lancaster, CA)

Banner Island Ballpark (A's A Ball Stockton, CA)

Adding San Jose Giants (Giants A Ball) on May 15th

Also adding the Fresno Grizzlies sometime this summer.

Only been to 2 Major League stadiums

Busch Stadium in 2000 to see the Braves and Cards

Turner Field in 2006 and saw the Braves and Mets

The only Minor League Stadium I've been in is Ray Winder Field, former home of the Arkansas Travelers

I have been to the following...Wrigley..Comiskey Park..US Celluar..Riverfront..Great American BallPark..PNC..Citizens BallPark..Shea..Old Yankee Stadium.. Fenway.. Skydome..Comerica Park..Old Busch Stadium..Memorial Park.. Camden Yards.. Angels Stadium..Jack Murphy Stadium..Petco Park..At&t Park..Dodgers stadium..Miller Park..County Stadium..Metrodome..Old Cleveland Stadium.. Progressive Field...My favorite Ballparks ..Wrigley..Miller Park..Camden Yards.. Great American BallPark.. Citizens BallPark.....Least Favorite Fenway... because where we were sitting we had no leg room...

ive been to only one major leauge park, kaufman stadium about 10 times, and ive been to one minor leauge park, lawrence dumont stadium (home of the NBC world series) at least 20 times, i lost count. I went to the NBC WS once and participated in baseball round the clock, where they play games for 24 hours straight, it was really weird seeing a baseball game at 4 in the morning lol.

I'm just a kid, so I cant travel to the US, so I can only go to the Rogers Center! But it is great, went in 2006 Jays downed the Orioles, then in 2007 Jays downed the Devil Rays in extras (I forgot the scores!), and in 2009 against the Oakland athletics, we downed them 1-0. The '09 game i remember it was Justin Duchscherer vs Ricky Romero then BJ Ryan gets one of the few saves of '09.

I have been to Olympic Stadium in Montreal. Was in July of 1997.

Minor Leagues:

The Park in Ottawa, Ontario, to see the Ottawa Lynx play the Toledo MudHens. That was 1995.

In 2008, I went to Hadlock Field in Portland, Maine to see the Portland Sea Dogs play the New Britian Rock Cats(?)

Going to Calgary, Alberta in June, and have tickets to see the Golden Baseball League's Calgary Vipers vs. Victoriaville. This is an Independent League, so it should be fun.

My first game was in Old Tiger Stadium, Id say 1982or83 against the Angels. I will never forget stepping out of the concourse and into the upperdeck, some 6 miles away from home plate (seems to me anyway as an 8 year old kid) But all that green grass! so awesome.

After i got a job, and had some cash to blow, i went to tiger stadium like as a religion, at least a dozen times a year 89-90-91.

Never forget seeing Travis Frymans first big league homer, and watching Bo Jackson of the visiting team trade the fan who caught it a Bo Jackson bat for the ball and tossing the ball to the Tiger dugout. First class act.

Well Ive been to Comerica Park about 5 times and its nice, but its no Tiger Stadium.

also been to Lansings minor league park 2 times, maybe we'll go this year too, LAnsings pretty close to home these days

Jack Morris, Alan Trammell, Sweet Lou, Gibby, and LAnce, Cecil and Nokes, Geirmo and Henneman

I'll never forget those guys. I miss Michigan and Trumbull.

Major League Parks

Old Yankee Stadium

Fenway Park (Twice)

Coors Field

Skydome (Or Rogers Centre)

Minor League

Frontier Field (Rochester Red Wings, Twins Triple A)

Alliance Bank Stadium (Syracuse Skychiefs, Nats Triple A)

Silver Stadium (Old Rochester Red Wings stadium)

Y4L you might remember this but you know that service station near the old Silver Stadium? I think it is on the Corner of Norton street. But that was my Grandpas old service station and he had former ball players come in all the time. He knew Don Baylor when he was coming up.

Y4L you might remember this but you know that service station near the old Silver Stadium? I think it is on the Corner of Norton street. But that was my Grandpas old service station and he had former ball players come in all the time. He knew Don Baylor when he was coming up.

I sure do. I used to walk past that place all the time because my friends and I used to walk to the ballpark a lot. I sure miss Silver Stadium.

Major League Stadiums:

Wrigley Field

Comiskey Park (Old and New)

Dodger Stadium

Anaheim Stadium

Fenway Park

Jack Murphy Stadium

Minute Maid Park

The Kingdome

Soon to be added to the list:

Rangers Ballpark in Arlington (going on May 22nd. to see the Cubs)

Minor League Stadiums:

Rosenblatt Stadium