Question Regarding Use Of Logitech Dual Action Controller

lesmoore

Anyone here having problems with the Logitech controller? I am trying to configure one of the buttons to be used for diving at the ball or jumping, however this is the problem. In the controller set up button 1 is designated for jumping/diving. Button 1 is also set for one of the pitches to be thrown and for bunting. If I try to change the button for jumping to button 8, it also changes bunting to 8 as well as the pitching. How can I set the controler up just to have button 8 as the jump/ dive without everything else changing? Thanks in advance

Anyone here having problems with the Logitech controller? I am trying to configure one of the buttons to be used for diving at the ball or jumping, however this is the problem. In the controller set up button 1 is designated for jumping/diving. Button 1 is also set for one of the pitches to be thrown and for bunting. If I try to change the button for jumping to button 8, it also changes bunting to 8 as well as the pitching. How can I set the controler up just to have button 8 as the jump/ dive without everything else changing? Thanks in advance

It's not a controller specific problem. It appears it's the way 2K Sports designed the game.

I haven't found a reliable way (without spending hours) of remapping the controls.

Although, someone else may have a more definitive answer.

It's not a controller specific problem. It appears it's the way 2K Sports designed the game.

I haven't found a reliable way (without spending hours) of remapping the controls.

Although, someone else may have a more definitive answer.

Ok... thanks for the response

I've had the same issue as I tried to switch a lot of the controls back to the old format from 2k9 that i'm used to but the software has it's limitations on setting controls as was said above. I guess we gotta just get used to it. Believe me though I'm in the same boat with you man... as are other people I know with this same controller trying to customize things.

Just a follow up for those with this controller:

I see this and and many other issues with this popular controller not having proper support on the 2kSports forum..... they are "suppose to" fix this in the new patch that should be out "any day now" according to 2k. If you check their forum you'll see the long list of fixes that fans requested for game mechanics. The big issue with the Logitech controller is the RC and LC buttons do NOT work at all in game though the game recognizes them, it even requires them to view detailed player info, view the minor league teams in the roster and a few other issues that are a must for me. The only way around this is to press the 5 key and sometimes the 4 key on the keyboard... as that is the RC and LC buttons respectively. Also i've had a hell of a time getting the dive command to work at all while fielding. I know this has been brought up in the forum. I wish 2k10 would have improved upon 2k9 instead of going backwards like this. The features are great in 2k10 but the things that worked in 2k9 are now gone or downsized. Guess it was rushed. I like 2k9 (minus the fielding issues and other similar gameplay issues) the graphics were; of course, superior, the player animations were much smoother, throwing was more realistic, but it was missing the great new features that MLB2k10 has. If it just combined those new features and fixed the problems with 2k9 instead of going the direction they did we would have a great game. Very strange to me how this game has been released. Porting games is not an art form.

Sorry for the rant but I figured at least the first part would be interesting to anyone with the Logitech Dual Action USB Controller.

I see this and and many other issues with this popular controller not having proper support on the 2kSports forum..... they are "suppose to" fix this in the new patch that should be out "any day now" according to 2k. If you check their forum you'll see the long list of fixes that fans requested for game mechanics. The big issue with the Logitech controller is the RC and LC buttons do NOT work at all in game though the game recognizes them, it even requires them to view detailed player info, view the minor league teams in the roster and a few other issues that are a must for me. The only way around this is to press the 5 key and sometimes the 4 key on the keyboard... as that is the RC and LC buttons respectively. Also i've had a hell of a time getting the dive command to work at all while fielding. I know this has been brought up in the forum. I wish 2k10 would have improved upon 2k9 instead of going backwards like this. The features are great in 2k10 but the things that worked in 2k9 are now gone or downsized. Guess it was rushed. I like 2k9 (minus the fielding issues and other similar gameplay issues) the graphics were; of course, superior, the player animations were much smoother, throwing was more realistic, but it was missing the great new features that MLB2k10 has. If it just combined those new features and fixed the problems with 2k9 instead of going the direction they did we would have a great game. Very strange to me how this game has been released. Porting games is not an art form.

Sorry for the rant but I figured at least the first part would be interesting to anyone with the Logitech Dual Action USB Controller.

Using a 4yr old Logitech Dual Action USB controller myself. Haven't had any issues myself using the LC/RC buttons when dealing with Rosters, viewing player info, call/up send down, view minors, etc... (This is using default config).

As for diving, Button 8 works for me.

I agree with you, there were many things I liked about 2K9 outside its issues. If they could have ironed out the issues with 2K9 and added the great new features of 2K10, we'd be on to something. :drinks:

I had the same problem with my Logitech controller...it got so bad I did a drastic measure......I moved my X-Box controller to my PC....MS update even auto-loaded the driver (and I'm running Win 7 Ult 64-bit). Since then yeah I had to get used to the new pad config playing PC games, but it so enhanced my play of 2K10 (except I still cannot try to steal once a pitcher is starting his windup?) that now i dont know how I went without it! I still have my USB Logitech Dual Action cont but now it's no longer my main pad of choice. Every game I play on 2k10 I use the X-Box controller...and if I switch back to the X-Box I dont have to adjust my brain using a different pad! Win-Win! Plus, I can get a X-Box controller (wired) under 20 bucks if one breaks so its not like its a major investment (not compared to the rest of my PC....heck, have you seen the price of RAM lately!).

I recently went from a logitech controller to a XBOX 360 controller. 360 controller is 10X better. :D

Hey guys. Thanks for the reply. I think I might take your advice & finally go with the Xbox 360 controller. I've enjoyed 3 of these Dual Action controllers through the years... as they remind me of the old Playstation ones. But yah I think it's time to upgrade.

@Maestro so you are having no problems? Maybe it's due to it being Windows 7 x64 for me I'm not sure as to why this is happening. It maps Button 3 to dive by default for me. It recognizes LC/RC when I want to map them to another action just not when I have a player highlighted so I have to hit the 4 or 5 keyboard keys. You are the first person I know that has this gamepad and had no problems. Mine doesn't look like that one exactly as it has an extra button to switch the d-pad and left stick functionality. Perhaps there is a new model?

But I think i'm gonna do as recommended and get a new one when I get a chance. I like the PS3 design though but you guys say the 360 one of the PC is a better buy? I play NHL 2009 pretty often and racing games like Grid and Dirt 2 so it'll take a little getting used to if I go the Microsoft route. What are some other controllers that work well on MLB2k10? I know the Dual Action works great on 2K9, just not 2k10.

Thanks again for the replies. I see these posts complaining about this controller all over 2ksports' forums for MLB2k10 but never a solution.

EDIT: Well I'll be damned I just tried your Button 8 Maestro and it worked. That is weird. Why does that button work instead of the one assigned? What buttons are you pressing to see inside edge information during roster management?

Archived