Stadium All-In-One Download?

RoSmecher

hey, so I've been looking into downloading all these sweet stadiums the modding community created for MLB 2k10. I'm wondering if anyone has made an all-in-one stadium pack?

just so i don't have to download all the files individually.

thanks peeps.

Nope, and it's very unlikely one will be made in the future. Off to the downloads section ye go!

(I remember when threads asking the same question were made for MVP stadiums. I wonder if that means I've been here too long. <_< )

• 3 weeks later...

hey, so I've been looking into downloading all these sweet stadiums the modding community created for MLB 2k10. I'm wondering if anyone has made an all-in-one stadium pack?

just so i don't have to download all the files individually.

thanks peeps.

Let me see if I can pack them all together, will take some days since iam only a free user with restriction of 2 downloads a day.

But often I repacked alot of things like with MLB 2K9.

If I find time i do it.

Let me see if I can pack them all together, will take some days since iam only a free user with restriction of 2 downloads a day.

But often I repacked alot of things like with MLB 2K9.

If I find time i do it.

Um, no you can't. These are not your stadiums to do this with. If the modder wants to pack them all together then that's up to him and only him. But you can't take his work and do this. If you have a problem with what I'm telling you then complain to me in a PM. Or, another wild and crazy thought, fork over the ungodly sum of five dollars which in turn gives you unlimited downloads for one year and if you really want to break the bank, part with ten dollars for a lifetime subscription.

Your choice. But you won't be doing this because you are not authorized to.

Um, no you can't. These are not your stadiums to do this with. If the modder wants to pack them all together then that's up to him and only him. But you can't take his work and do this. If you have a problem with what I'm telling you then complain to me in a PM. Or, another wild and crazy thought, fork over the ungodly sum of five dollars which in turn gives you unlimited downloads for one year and if you really want to break the bank, part with ten dollars for a lifetime subscription.

Your choice. But you won't be doing this because you are not authorized to.

Wow I'am really shocked.

Can't remember I heard anything like that here.

I remember a time when this forum was a nice place where everyone helped everyone else to get the best out of MVP 05.

It is sad to hear such things and I guess this is now a very unfriendly place.

First users were kicked out of the chat panel now everyone seems to more like to kick each other then helping.

I have no problem spending 10$ for lifetime and I was thinking about it and already logged into Paypal doing it.

But reading things like that and getting offended like that makes me just sad.

You could even said what you said in a more social manner.

I mean why is one treated like that for helping, I even worked on the xbox button overlay last year and helped making it even better.

I also packed uniforms into an all in one pack and no one ever complained about it.

What is going on guys ?

I agree... I read in similar post where one person is getting flamed by an admin for trying to get a donation for his uniforms while on the same hand the admins of this forum are only allowing 2 downloads per day unless they get a donation. :rolleyes: What a bunch of hypocrites. Can't we all just be nice and help each other without getting paid for it??

I agree... I read in similar posts where one person is getting flamed by an admin for trying to get a donation for his uniforms while on the same hand the admins of this forum are only allowing 2 downloads per day unless they get a donation. :rolleyes: What a bunch of hypocrites. Can't we all just be nice and help each other without getting paid for it??

How about if you read this thread right here and it will explain to you why non contributors such as yourself are on a two download a day limit? This is for server costs that pay for the running of this website. We are not charging anyone for mods here so by you calling us hypocrites shows just how much you don't know what you are talking about.

As for you Malibu Killer you just don't get it do you? The reason why you and other people like yourself do not have shoutbox access is because there was a lot of flooding in the shoutbox last year and it was decided that only modders, contributors and staff people should have access and it has worked. The spamming has stopped.

I recall when you came back last year you complained that you should have had access to the shoutbox because you have been a member here since 2006. Like that really should matter. We have people who have been here since 2004 who do not have shoutbox access.

Exactly how did you want me to explain why you could not take someone else's uniforms and package them together and reuploaded them for everyone to have just so they will get the stadiums in less downloads? What the hell do you want me to do? I understand what you were trying to do and that it to make the download easier for some people but you can't. Ok? You can not take someone else's work and reupload them to the website and if you just can not understand this and still have to blame me for this then go right ahead. I don't care anymore. Blame it on me.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents,

what I do is just download everything for my team to start with, like stadium, unis, rosters ,etc....

Then when I start my season, before each series I come here and download just what I need for that team, like unis, photos, and stadium if I'm on the road. It's quick and easy enough.

I dont have a need to download ALL the stadiums, since I wont be playing in them all.

Hope this helps someone :)

the norm on any mods site is u never upload other peoples works.I myself wouldnt want my mods and kieths and mccolls or anyone elses all packaged as one.They work hard on thier own stuff as well as i do and each should get thier own credit.Now my roster file i wont mind too much if someone uses my roster and improve on the areas that im not working on,

the norm on any mods site is u never upload other peoples works.I myself wouldnt want my mods and kieths and mccolls or anyone elses all packaged as one.They work hard on thier own stuff as well as i do and each should get thier own credit.Now my roster file i wont mind too much if someone uses my roster and improve on the areas that im not working on,

That's right Don. There was one guy in this thread that I explained this to and I was accused of making this an unfriendly place for him. Each mod is different from the rest and each mod will be treated as a separate download. If it takes the people that only have two downloads a day to get everything they want then that is how it is. And if they want to make more than one account to get more downloads, they will be caught and they'll go from two downloads to zero. It's really as simple as that.

well really i feel this way,this is trues site,hes the one who pays the bills for it so who are any of us to question how he runs his site.U pointed out something that is in his rules.I dont see anything different than any other mods site.If trues didnt have this site then everyone would have so many different sites just to get all ther stadium and uniform mods alone.Matter of fact if it wasnt for this site then I probally would have never made any of the mods that i did,because if it wasnt for this site i would have never known that there was a program called iff editor or mlb modtool or even tys roster editor and other goodies that we take for granted that are available here.Its not rudeness to point out that u just cant upload others works,its called RESPECT for those that work hard on these mods for everyone to enjoy.

well really i feel this way,this is trues site,hes the one who pays the bills for it so who are any of us to question how he runs his site.U pointed out something that is in his rules.I dont see anything different than any other mods site.If trues didnt have this site then everyone would have so many different sites just to get all ther stadium and uniform mods alone.Matter of fact if it wasnt for this site then I probally would have never made any of the mods that i did,because if it wasnt for this site i would have never known that there was a program called iff editor or mlb modtool or even tys roster editor and other goodies that we take for granted that are available here.Its not rudeness to point out that u just cant upload others works,its called RESPECT for those that work hard on these mods for everyone to enjoy.

I agree Don. I just wish that everyone would understand this.

I agree Don. I just wish that everyone would understand this.

As someone new to the MLB scene and to the mods themselves, I TOTALLY agree with Yank and Don on this. Don did me a HUGE favor and made player pics for me. I offered to pay because like its been said, its someones time and work that is put into it. To take time to create something, and to post it up for free on a site, is above and beyond respectful. YOU GET 2 FREE DOWNLOADS A DAY! Get over it. I found this site, seen the rules, paid my $5 that same day and have loved everything that has been offered from ALL the great modders here!

No need to be rude and call out Yank, he simply reiterated the rules.

Now,

Go play some ball!

As someone new to the MLB scene and to the mods themselves, I TOTALLY agree with Yank and Don on this. Don did me a HUGE favor and made player pics for me. I offered to pay because like its been said, its someones time and work that is put into it. To take time to create something, and to post it up for free on a site, is above and beyond respectful. YOU GET 2 FREE DOWNLOADS A DAY! Get over it. I found this site, seen the rules, paid my $5 that same day and have loved everything that has been offered from ALL the great modders here!

No need to be rude and call out Yank, he simply reiterated the rules.

Now,

Go play some ball!

Thank you for backing me up on this. This should not even be an issue in here but unfortunately it is because there are some people in here who always think that any rule on this site was made especially for them to give them a hard time and they dislike someone like me most of all because I just happen to enforce them. This is how it has been around here and always will be.

More importantly here I am glad you are enjoying it here and I hope you continue to enjoy it. Thank you for your support and if I didn't say it before, welcome to the website.

there are some people in here who always think that any rule on this site was made especially for them to give them a hard time and they dislike someone like me most of all because I just happen to enforce them.

The real problem is that most people in our society anymore simply have an inflated sense of entitlement. I see it all the time working retail, i.e. the "I am the only customer in the store (or at least the only one that matters)" mentality. If they don't like the rules or it happens to be inconvenient for them, they simply figure it will go away if they ignore it. Then when they are called out on it, they cry foul.

I love this site and all the people that make it a great place to be. While some may not like the rules, there's nothing that says that they have to be here. I personally think all the Mods and Staffers do a fabulous job and shouldn't let a disgruntled voice or two make them believe otherwise. Two cheers for all the guys that make this site so great!

The idea of an all in one stadium pack from one creator is a great idea if the creator wants to do that. However, the creator is probably still producing stadiums and other mods and uploading them one at a time as they come out so a pack like that won't exist for a while. It is also the creator's choice. The idea of a non-contributor packing up all the mods on this site into one pack just to weasel around the subscription "fee" is dishonest and would be a drain on the server resources. Pay up or download two at a time. I understand the conveinence aspect but really it doesn't take too much longer to just click through and download things individually. Seems to be a lot of complaints on this site about how the owner and administrator run it...I haven't seen ANYTHING out of the ordinary in their management style...it's actually quite common. Keep up the good work MVP MODS!

The idea of an all in one stadium pack from one creator is a great idea if the creator wants to do that. However, the creator is probably still producing stadiums and other mods and uploading them one at a time as they come out so a pack like that won't exist for a while. It is also the creator's choice. The idea of a non-contributor packing up all the mods on this site into one pack just to weasel around the subscription "fee" is dishonest and would be a drain on the server resources. Pay up or download two at a time. I understand the conveinence aspect but really it doesn't take too much longer to just click through and download things individually. Seems to be a lot of complaints on this site about how the owner and administrator run it...I haven't seen ANYTHING out of the ordinary in their management style...it's actually quite common. Keep up the good work MVP MODS!

Thank you, packersfan. That post pretty much summed up the whole issue with packaging stadiums together. It's good to see someone understand what we're doing here.

Thanks again. :)

No Problem. I extensively use Simtropolis and SC4Devotion for playing SimCity 4...that game wouldn't be alive if not for all the incredible mods that made the game 1000s of times better than the original...just like MVP Mods made MVP Baseball 2005 playable up to current day. I had shelved 2005 but a few years back I discovered MVP Mods and had a fresh new game! Then I decided to take the plunge in MLB 2k10 and I'm having fun with it especially with MVP Mods as an asset with real stadiums, updated portraits, accessories, etc...still discovering and adding new things. The SimCity sites are free but they always ask for donations. Here you decided to place a limit on downloads to protect the server and to encourage donations. $10 is nothing for endless incredible mods for both MVP Baseball and MLB 2k10 and future games!

We agree, and hope that most people see the necessity for the change to be made. Besides, it was a while ago now, thankfully, and we've settled down with the current system in place. We used to do what the SimCity sites you mentioned do, asking for donations, but they weren't getting close to covering the site's costs on a monthly basis, so we had to make a change somewhere. I think most people are glad we chose the route we did over going offline completely. I wouldn't be surprised to see the sites you mentioned do something similar to here in the future. For a large site, it's unfair for one person to take on the financial responsibility of thousands of other users and rely on 3 donations per month, while paying the rest out of his own pocket.

Yet, some will always complain. What can you do? :unsure:

I'm just curious on the $10 aspect that is oh-so imperative for unlimited downloads for LIFE, woah. Yet, the site is in jeopardy - which essentially tells me a "measly" $10 bucks will go down the drain, because I'm pretty sure that amount of money never kept a boat afloat.

So in a nutshell... $10 isn't much, correct. However, the admins continue to go on and on about paying it. BUT, "IT'S NOT THAT MUCH." So why are you charging then??

Also, how many sites out there seriously charge percentage wise. Hardly.

It's gonna suck when BBC starts charging me to read the news. Oh wait, that'll never happen because they're practical.

I'm just curious on the $10 aspect that is oh-so imperative for unlimited downloads for LIFE, woah. Yet, the site is in jeopardy - which essentially tells me a "measly" $10 bucks will go down the drain, because I'm pretty sure that amount of money never kept a boat afloat.

So in a nutshell... $10 isn't much, correct. However, the admins continue to go on and on about paying it. BUT, "IT'S NOT THAT MUCH." So why are you charging then??

It's gonna suck when BBC starts charging me to read the news. Oh wait, that'll never happen because they're practical.

No one is making you pay $10. If you don't like it don't pay and only download two things a day. Running a website cost money most of which I'm sure still comes out of True's own pocket. Also, percentage wise I'd imagine you'd have to pay to download from at least 70% of them

Then maybe the site should be moved to Powweb hosting which provides unlimited storage and bandwith for $7.77 per month (on special for $4.88). Just a thought. :-)

I have used them for years, for business and personal use and highly recommend them.

How about if you read this thread right here and it will explain to you why non contributors such as yourself are on a two download a day limit? This is for server costs that pay for the running of this website. We are not charging anyone for mods here so by you calling us hypocrites shows just how much you don't know what you are talking about.

As for you Malibu Killer you just don't get it do you? The reason why you and other people like yourself do not have shoutbox access is because there was a lot of flooding in the shoutbox last year and it was decided that only modders, contributors and staff people should have access and it has worked. The spamming has stopped.

I recall when you came back last year you complained that you should have had access to the shoutbox because you have been a member here since 2006. Like that really should matter. We have people who have been here since 2004 who do not have shoutbox access.

Exactly how did you want me to explain why you could not take someone else's uniforms and package them together and reuploaded them for everyone to have just so they will get the stadiums in less downloads? What the hell do you want me to do? I understand what you were trying to do and that it to make the download easier for some people but you can't. Ok? You can not take someone else's work and reupload them to the website and if you just can not understand this and still have to blame me for this then go right ahead. I don't care anymore. Blame it on me.

Joined: Today, 10:24 AM and this was your first post? Too scared to post on your real account?

Well good news for you! You won't have to worry about it because you and your six accounts that you registered on here have all been banned.

So in a nutshell...goodbye

Archived