Uniform Installation

MonkeysUncleByMarriage

I'm thinking about downloading some of the uniforms here. I haven't downloaded many in the past, but the ones I have downloaded seemed pretty simple to install, just basically put them in the right folder if memory serves correct. But I see on some of the older ones they mention a program by Fuzz thats required to install the uniforms. Am I reading that correctly? Or can one bypass using that progra?

I'm thinking about downloading some of the uniforms here. I haven't downloaded many in the past, but the ones I have downloaded seemed pretty simple to install, just basically put them in the right folder if memory serves correct. But I see on some of the older ones they mention a program by Fuzz thats required to install the uniforms. Am I reading that correctly? Or can one bypass using that progra?

Unfortunately yes, you should bypass that program. Fuzz's studio program will not work in Vista or Windows 7. It was made when XP was the system of choice.

There are a lot of uniforms here for you to grab and use and you can either install them with Eagraph or a program that Krawhitham made called the Total Installer Thingy, or TiT for short.

Fuzz has not updated his studio program and trust me if he ever did I would be using that one because it was very simple to use.

Well I used the built in executable in UM's pack and the Cubs pack installed perfectly, but the Astros pack still will not install. Everytime I try to install it, it says it went through but when I go double check, the Colts jersey is still there and that's not a part of UM's package. I don't know whats going on.

You sure that isn't part of his package? He let me use his unis for the all time mod you asked about the other day. I used his because of how many classic unis he had. Also, if memory serves, the unis he didn't make as a part of his packages were not over written. In other words, if he did 7 unis, for a team that has 11, the 4 he didn't make were left alone. If he in fact didn't do one for the Colt .45s, then they were not over written, and therefore still in your uni selections.

Hope that made sense.

You sure that isn't part of his package? He let me use his unis for the all time mod you asked about the other day. I used his because of how many classic unis he had. Also, if memory serves, the unis he didn't make as a part of his packages were not over written. In other words, if he did 7 unis, for a team that has 11, the 4 he didn't make were left alone. If he in fact didn't do one for the Colt .45s, then they were not over written, and therefore still in your uni selections.

Hope that made sense.

Well you could be right about that. I was just going by the screen http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1731 but I will check futher into it. I didn't notice the black unis either. I plan on purchasing a subscription this week and downloading a ton of unis and I will know more then.. but yeah I totally got what you were saying.

I will check both of those if I can find them.. Amazing how many uniforms are in the downloads section. I really like the UM packages. I like the fact that he has some classics with a concept uni too. I like the concept unis here and there.

This is a new pc and my old one crashed so I am having to start all over from scratch, so that may be why it doesnt appear to all be loading, I haven't unlocked all the uniform slots yet. Anyone know a quick cheat to unlock them all?

I will check both of those if I can find them.. Amazing how many uniforms are in the downloads section. I really like the UM packages. I like the fact that he has some classics with a concept uni too. I like the concept unis here and there.

This is a new pc and my old one crashed so I am having to start all over from scratch, so that may be why it doesnt appear to all be loading, I haven't unlocked all the uniform slots yet. Anyone know a quick cheat to unlock them all?

Try this profile, should unlock everything if I remember correctly (classic stadiums, uniform slots, etc...). Goes in your MVP folder under My Documents.

GLASS_Profile.rar

That Glass profile I think is for Mvp 04.

To get all the unlockables in Mvp 05, create a player by the name of Katie Roy. Then make sure you save it. Once it is saved you will have all the stadiums, uniforms and legendary players.

Hmmm.... Man, I just fired up MVP 05 and loaded that profile. Gave me all the classic stadiums and all the retro uniforms. Nothing on the legendary players though.

Going back through some old threads, I see there was one for MVP 05. That must be the one have.

But, your way works to Y4L. Either way, the OP should be able to get what he wants. :drinks:

* Also found this in the Downloads: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1208

Speaking of unis, has anyone had any trouble installing Spungo's 2010 uniforms with TiT? I follow the instructions, install them with TiT, and the uniform portrait is blank in game, and the game crashes when I attempt to start a game, with any uniform/team. I have MVP 08 installed, don't know if that is the problem or not. I also am running MVP on Vista x32, if that info narrows it down alot. Hope somebody here can help me figure it out, I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

I will second Y4Ls comments about Fizzjob, and Sandman. Great unis. UM's are great too(I have permission to use all 3 of their work in my mod), but if I remember, his are 1x, and the others are 2x (higher quality).

Can't go wrong either way.

Well here is another question for all you uni experts out there. Is there a way to pick and choose which uniforms to overwrite? For instance, I have downloaded most all of UM's packages and I really like them. But I have seen a few individual unis here and there (like Fizzjobs 1939 A's) that I would like to use as well, but I want to be able to choose which existing A's uniforms I overwrite.

You can simply rename the uniform that you want to install to be the same name as the uniform you want to replace. You should do this with both the uxxx.fsh file and the fxxx.fsh file. Once you do this, you can then install the uniform manually with a utility like EAGraph or you can put the file in a .RAR archive and install it with TiT.

For example, if you want to Oakland A's home uniform (which has the name u001a.fsh), with the 1939 A's uniforms, you would take the 1939 A's uniform files, rename them to u001a.fsh and f001a.fsh and then install them. Your uniform files will now be overwritten. The tricky thing would be that the uniform select screen would still show the default Oakland home uniforms. To update the uniform select screen would involve modifying the data \ frontend \ uniforms.big file

The tricky thing would be that the uniform select screen would still show the default Oakland home uniforms. To update the uniform select screen would involve modifying the data \ frontend \ uniforms.big file

He can actually use TiT to install these with ease. Just create a .rar archive with the uniform file (uxxx.fsh), the font file (fxxx.fsh), and the uniform select screen (xxx.fsh) and use TiT to install it. This way you don't have to fool around with EAGraph or manually modifying any of the .big files.

Tit will also install uniform portraits directly from bmp. you just name the bmp file to the slot you want and make sure the extension is in lower caps (.bmp not .BMP) and it does everything else automatically.

Tit will also install uniform portraits directly from bmp. you just name the bmp file to the slot you want and make sure the extension is in lower caps (.bmp not .BMP) and it does everything else automatically.

Homer's right. Sorry, I meant to say xxx.bmp and not xxx.fsh for the uniform select screen.

And I have run into a problem. I downloaded one of Fizzjobs Whitesox package. It contains an exe, but I couldn't find where the unis were individually, if they even were, so I couldn't pick and choose from those.

When you run the installer, it asks you to select a destination folder. I think it defaults to a subfolder under you "Documents and Settings" folder. Run the installer again, but this time enter a specific destination folder. The installer will then extract the uniform files to the destination folder.

Archived