Site Closing

Trues

Ten years ago, I made my first mod for High Heat Baseball and I was hooked. When that series died a few years later, I turned my attention to a new game called MVP Baseball. I had no idea what I was getting into, all I knew is that I had a real passion for modding and MVP seemed to have a lot of promise. That's when I created MVPmods. While there were a lot of growing pains, it finally settled into a pretty cool place. When EA lost the MLB license, I thought the site was done. I never would have imagined we'd still be here today. Thanks to the modders for keeping MVP alive.

Sadly, for me, the passion is gone. I no longer have any interest in modding or even playing MVP for that matter. I tried to like the MLB2k franchise, but it's just not for me. So, I'm moving on to The Show. I had a blast with that game this year and even created a new site called The Show Alliance. That's most likely where I'll be dedicating most of my free time from now on. Please feel free to join us over there. Even if you don't own the game, we can still talk baseball.

With that said, I will be closing the site this weekend. The downloads section will be open to all members (without restrictions) until then, so grab what you can.

Thanks to everyone who helped me run the site throughout the years and once again, thanks to the modders for making MVPmods what it was.

Thank you all! :drinks:

***update***

The site closing has been put on hold for now. I'm working with someone on a possible solution to help keep the site together (or most of it anyway). I can't promise anything, but I want to at least try and keep the forums and most of the downloads in tact. Stay tuned.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ten years ago, I made my first mod for High Heat Baseball and I was hooked. When that series died a few years later, I turned my attention to a new game called MVP Baseball. I had no idea what I was getting into, all I knew is that I had a real passion for modding and MVP seemed to have a lot of promise. That's when I created MVPmods. While there were a lot of growing pains, it finally settled into a pretty cool place. When EA lost the MLB license, I thought the site was done. I never would have imagined we'd still be here today. Thanks to the modders for keeping MVP alive.

Sadly, for me, the passion is gone. I no longer have any interest in modding or even playing MVP for that matter. I tried to like the MLB2k franchise, but it's just not for me. So, I'm moving on to The Show. I had a blast with that game this year and even created a new site called The Show Alliance. That's most likely where I'll be dedicating most of my free time from now on. Please feel free to join us over there. Even if you don't own the game, we can still talk baseball.

With that said, I will be closing the site this weekend. The downloads section will be open to all members (without restrictions) until then, so grab what you can.

Thanks to everyone who helped me run the site throughout the years and once again, thanks to the modders for making MVPmods what it was.

Thank you all! :drinks:

Although I'm sad to see it go, I want to thank-you for the site, Trues.

Thanks Trues.

This site has been truly a wonderful experience where I have meet many individuals I consider real friends not to mention how this site has provided me endless hours of enjoyment which I thought I would never experience in my lifetime from a computer baseball game.

You, my friend, have very much directly added to my life long passion of computer baseball and have been so instrumental in bringing it far beyond my wildest dreams!

For that - you will be in my thoughts and prayers the remainder of my life !

Thanks Again !

Don

Thanks Trues.

This site has been truly a wonderful experience where I have meet many individuals I consider real friends not to mention how this site has provided me endless hours of enjoyment which I thought I would never experience in my lifetime from a computer baseball game.

You, my friend, have very much directly added to my life long passion of computer baseball and have been so instrumental in bringing it far beyond my wildest dreams!

For that - you will be in my thoughts and prayers the remainder of my life !

Thanks Again !

Don

Don, I really appreciate the kind words. Thank you for your dedication to the total classic mods.

Thank You so much Trues for creating this site and a Thanks also to ALL over the years who made it what it was. It was a lot of fun to constantly go back and forth with modding, trial and error, updates etc. It was fun to simply stop in and chat and 'hang out' in this cyber-like baseball world setting. I think the combined efforts had taken modding "where no mod has gone before " (yes, that is a little Star Trekish - but we are talking about technology and so much was done). I, like many other modders, had spent countless hours modding and playing MVP. I also have met some folks who have become friends. In the end (which may be another beginning elsewhere) things simply change and we know technolgy never stands still. Perhaps a bit of this magic (and some of the folks as well) will 'transcend' to your new site. It was a pleasure!

Best Wishes,

AlexTony

I have to echo what Don said. I've made some real friends on this site that I will continue to communicate with for years to come. I've never met any of my Internet friends face to face, but I have to say that I'm closer to some of them than I am to some of my "flesh and blood" friends.

I will truly miss this site. It has definitely ramped down over the last few years, but there were always a few hardcore members who kept things going. If it was not for this site and the people I "met", I never would have gotten into modding or found the courage to try my hand at creating a Total Classics single season mod.

After creating my first single season mod, I was hooked and am still happily cranking them out.

I owe all of this to you Trues and I tip my cap to you. :hi:

I'll try to stop by your new site now and then to see how things are going. I'll also catch you on Facebook.

Damn, what a bombshell. This is extremely sad news for me but completely understandable. I have to thank you very much Trues for this great website. I’m pretty much a newbie-fresh who didn’t become a member here until March of this year. If anything, I’m very sorry that I hadn’t discovered the community here much earlier. I’ve had the MVP 2005 game since the month it came out and loved it ever since. Over the years, I always wanted to try and change/modify parts of the game and was quite frustrated when I couldn’t. After I found this site in the Spring; it was like discovering a hidden treasure that provided me with the tools and community to do what I wanted. Thank you Trues for providing that means out of your own time, effort, and pocket. I’ve never had a more positive experience with an online community…ever.

Although way too short….this year has been a fun ride of learning experiences, trials and errors, and a lot of success with adding to this (MVP) game that I have loved. The experience of modding and contributing this year has also been a positive outlet to engage in after a hard work day. Man, I’m gonna miss all of the friends I made here and there’s gonna be a tremendous sense of loss in my daily routine when I can’t jump in here and converse with you guys, post a dynasty update, or help another member out.

Jim, thanks so much for letting me be a part of your phenomenal work of the 1970’s era Total Classics; I was honored that you thought my work was quality enough to be included in the re-releases.

To MarkB, JoeRudi, Dylan, Griz, Y4L and anyone who had a kind word to say about my contributions or to say “I made their game better”…I’ll never forget that. I was happy to do that for everyone and to be a part of this awesome community of guys.

I wish the best of luck in all of your lives. Take care all.

Dennis

I will continue to play this game with all the mods I already have because it is still enjoyable; especially with MVP edit. Don, thanks for all the help you were to me-as well as the others on here. The one mod that I was looking forward to and will not see was the Vin Scully doing play by play. I will miss you guys. Life will not be the same.

MVP CARIBE OFFERS REFUGEE TO MVP MODS

MVP CARIBE HAS A LOT OF SPACE ON ITS HOSTING, AND OFFERS THE MVPMODS A REFUGEE TO SAVE MVPMODS WE WANT TO TAKE AND SAVE THE DOWNLOADS TO OUR SITE, AT LEAST THE 2005 DOWNLOADS, AND WE WILL OPEN A ENGLISH FORUM WE WILL SAVE MVP MODS WHERE MVP CARIBE STARTED. SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT I WANTED TO MAKE THIS A MESSAGE TO TRUES IF HE DOESN'T RESPOND THE PM.

THIS HAS BEEN A VERY GOOD TRIP BUT IT MUST CONTINUE SOMEWHERE ELSE, WE WANT YOU GUYS TO KEEP POSTING, THIS OS ONE OF THE GREATEST COMMUNITIES IN THE INTERNET WORLD, MVP CARIBE IS EASY TO UNDERSTAND, WE HAVE BOTH LANGUAGES IN OUR SITE, YOU CAN SELECT ENGLISH! HOPING TRUES MAKES THIS A STIKY OR SOMETHING IN THE SITE.

MVP CARIBE OFFERS REFUGEE TO MVP MODS

MVP CARIBE HAS A LOT OF SPACE ON ITS HOSTING, AND OFFERS THE MVPMODS A REFUGEE TO SAVE MVPMODS WE WANT TO TAKE AND SAVE THE DOWNLOADS TO OUR SITE, AT LEAST THE 2005 DOWNLOADS, AND WE WILL OPEN A ENGLISH FORUM WE WILL SAVE MVP MODS WHERE MVP CARIBE STARTED. SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT I WANTED TO MAKE THIS A MESSAGE TO TRUES IF HE DOESN'T RESPOND THE PM.

THIS HAS BEEN A VERY GOOD TRIP BUT IT MUST CONTINUE SOMEWHERE ELSE, WE WANT YOU GUYS TO KEEP POSTING, THIS OS ONE OF THE GREATEST COMMUNITIES IN THE INTERNET WORLD, MVP CARIBE IS EASY TO UNDERSTAND, WE HAVE BOTH LANGUAGES IN OUR SITE, YOU CAN SELECT ENGLISH! HOPING TRUES MAKES THIS A STIKY OR SOMETHING IN THE SITE.

I like all of this. HFLR and MVP Caribe, way to step up.

Wow......understandable, but wow. I want to say I discovered you 2 years ago when my hard drive crashed and thought I was done playing PC baseball. This site has been great, and although I have never made a mod, I have downloaded many and thank you to everyone who ever has done a mod, your work and dedication has been greatly appreciated. Trues I hear you on 2k, I even bought a new computer to play and it is just not for me-it is amazing how much better MVP plays even though it is 5 years older. Best of luck and thank you to everyone!

Although I had differences with some of the key people involved with this forum, I'm sorry to see it go. It's a mature forum - that's rare these days - I'll definitely be a part of The Show Alliance, but damn, there's just something about MVP Baseball that is special to me. It must be the memories.. and this forum is part of the memories.

Thank you to each of you for keeping this game alive for so long. it's really remarkable that we've kept it for so long. i don't think many of us realize how big of an accomplishment it is to have carried this on for so long.

one thing i am truly sad about is that there is quite a database of knowledge in these threads, downloads, and tutorials. it's a shame that we can't transfer them or archive them somehow. it's quite a bit of information to lose :(

i for one am still interested in this game, and would invite any of you who are to stop by mlbmods too. it's not the same, but we'll have to work with what we got.

thanks again trues, and i'll definitely have to stop by your new site some time.

Thank you to each of you for keeping this game alive for so long. it's really remarkable that we've kept it for so long. i don't think many of us realize how big of an accomplishment it is to have carried this on for so long.

one thing i am truly sad about is that there is quite a database of knowledge in these threads, downloads, and tutorials. it's a shame that we can't transfer them or archive them somehow. it's quite a bit of information to lose :(

i for one am still interested in this game, and would invite any of you who are to stop by mlbmods too. it's not the same, but we'll have to work with what we got.

thanks again trues, and i'll definitely have to stop by your new site some time.

This is what will hit hard the most to me if I wanted to come back to MVP. I haven't been on the site much recently since I don't play MVP anymore recently, but it's sad to see the site go.

I remember seeing a MVP video on Youtube back in the summer of '07 and it showed Michael Jordan stepping up to the plate. I was wondering How the hell...??? :mellow: Then I bumped into heavily modded videos and was desperate to find out how it was possible.

Although I was always very informative of both, I learned a lot about baseball and MVP from you guys, great people that made this site what it is. Thank you Trues, the entire admin group, and all the modders that blew my MVP PC experience through the roof the past 3 1/4 years!

Archived