Site Closing

Trues

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanna extend our invitation to join us in www.mvpcaribe.com

This is our way to say "thanks" to this big community, because MVP Caribe begans here in MVP Mods, here we began our dream and we don't wanna loose all the things that have this great site...

It was very sad when I read the post about the site closing because I learned here so much things about modding and baseball. For me, Trues is my mentor because I'm just like Trues, but a latin version; je je je je...

We can't talk so much in all this year, I don't know so much fine who is Trues, I told with him very few but I can feel that he is a great man. He always helps me when I have a question about modding and now I wanna help him with this invitation...

Trues: God bless you, I don't have words to say you "thanks", because MVP mods always will be a part in the MVP Caribe history

P. D: Excuse me if I have errors writing, I need to practice so much more my english

Mike,

You're doing the right thing. You've taken this site well beyond the bounds that it would have ever been taken by someone less patient, and/or diligent..

I have had my words with a few people over the past few days, and although regretful in the scheme of things, it has been inevitable. In no regards does it touch my love for the game, or for what you have tried to do to bring a baseball community together. I am so proud of what you've tried to accomplish, I only wished I had thought of it first. That's why you will always be the person to follow in this genre; video game baseball [slash forum site].

For most of us, and as far as the game of baseball is concerned, that's all we have at this point. I welcome anyone to the new site that is focused on baseball and good times. Even some "rack" picks will be permiited, because I love tiddys. :clapping:

It's all about fun, it's all about baseball, and it's all about how short life really is.

Do what you can to get a PS3 and a copy of The Show. Sadly, PC baseball has screeched to a dying halt. It's over, but we're moving on, and we invite you to follow.

Jay

Have no fear, it will continue here:

http://www.mlbmods.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&p=2740#p2740

I saw that after I posted. Don't know if I will make it over there for it or not though. We'll see. If I do, i will only be showing up long enough to make my picks.

I just want to say: MVP Mods, thanks......you're awesome!!!!!

To trues: at MVP Caribe, we could host all the downloads, and another thing more important: the forum databae. we can export it to our host and use it just for reference. it has many important informations about modding .

I always feared this day would come. The sentiments felt by many here are mine as well. It is like saying goodbye to a dear old friend that has passed away. I'm at a loss for words. I have visited this site daily since its inception and feel like a small piece of me is gone. I know its only a game, but this site has been more for me and the countless users of the site. We have built great friendships and a great camaraderie, this is what will be missed most.

Trues and every other contributor to the site I offer my sincerest thanks, for such a great place!!

Thank You All!!

Well, long time without posting at the MVP Mods forums. I want Trues and the whole comunity to know I'm very sad for this desition, altough I understand the reasons. Anyway, I'll never forget how much help I found at this site, first downloading stuff for my baseball game, and later, finding tons of help to figure out how to make my own mods. Also thanks for hosting my MVP05 mods and for so many good times, back in some few years ago.

Noooooooooooo :sad:

It would be fantastic if the d/l centre would be transfered over to Caribe. A lot of great mods would be lost otherwise.

i would second this notion. it would be good to see if this site could be taken over by somebody else rather than just shutting down. there's a lot of history and knowledge that will be lost if the forums go away.

We have so much space in our hosting (mvpcaribe.com) for the files, but our database limit is little (100 Mb each database) and our CMS is DragonFly, we don't have a site just like this... Somebody knows the DB size here in MVPmods?

I'll add my thanks to all of you who have contributed mods and knowledge to the site.

I've been enjoying the mods and roster updates since discovering them in the waning days of High Heat. There are and have been some very talented individuals here. The quality of the work has been truly amazing.

Please consider the data transfer to MVP Caribe. I agree with the others that losing the files and information here would be a great loss to those still playing/modding the game.

Happy trails guys.

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't log on to this site. Trues you've always done a wonderful job keeping this site in line and always updating it. I'm gonna miss posting my franchise that I'm doing throughout the winter on here and all the great mods. This is truely very sad to hear but I understand all good things must come to an end. Thank You!!! from the bottom of my heart for such a wonderful site!!! :drinks:

handling the downloads shouldn't be an issue, because we can always re-upload files. it's all the information we've gathered in the tutorials and forums that will be tough to just lose.

By this, I wanna know the DB size... I wanna migrate al least the forum...

If you wanna, can upload your files to our page individually... I make a group for the MVP mods users and have ranks just like here. For us, it's difficult download and upload in our site all the files. Coming soon we make a FTP access for some modders...

Trues,

Thank you for hosting this site for so long. While I am very sorry to see it end, I totally understand the decision. Losing the downloads is tragic, for sure, but I think what I'll miss most though is just dropping by and having a quick chat in the Shoutbox, or just browsing through the forums to read about what folks are doing/have done with the game. Heck, I haven't even played a single game in months, but yet this site is an every day/several times a day 'rest stop' for me. It'll be missed.

(BTW, I signed up for your new site a few weeks ago - same name as here...but never got the activation email. Could you look into that when you get a chance?)

Thanks again Trues, and Happy Trails.

DoT

Wow, just wanted to say thanks for the time I've been here. What a great site. I too remember the day I discovered this place, and boy that was a long time ago. This site has lost too many great modders, and the activity has been dead on the mvp side. Maybe this place will spring back if ea decides to release a new mvp, you never know. Thanks!

I will continue to play this game with all the mods I already have because it is still enjoyable; especially with MVP edit. Don, thanks for all the help you were to me-as well as the others on here. The one mod that I was looking forward to and will not see was the Vin Scully doing play by play. I will miss you guys. Life will not be the same.

Wow what a shock. I wish we could have had more advance notice but I understand the situation. Thanks for all you've done Trues, your site will be truly missed.

Now to respond to 112155's last post. Vin Scully and Legends from the Booth was so close to being done. I was hoping for a Christmas release but to ensure thoroughness, I want to wait until Spring Training '2011.

IF YOU WANT A REALLY COOL CHRISTMAS PRESENT, E-MAIL ME IN THREE WEEKS AND THE MOD WILL BE 95% DONE. Hit me at joeld@adventresources.com

Moving to the future. I also want to thank MVP Caribe for stepping up. I was hoping that somebody would step and was considering taking on the task myself with some of the guys from Total Classics but I don't have to. We live in a global community and it's so nice to see others lifting us up as well. Great job, MVP Caribe. I just checked out the site and I think us MVP'ers will be just fine.

Long live the greatest baseball game ever developed (and I've played most of them).

Sad news indeed. I discovered this site earlier this year through a link at football-freaks.com, a similar site for Madden PC fans left out in the cold since 2007 by EA Sports. I've got two jobs and leave for Navy boot camp in June, so I never have had much of a chance to mod anything other than Madden, but I still appreciate all the work you guys have tirelessly put into this site. I too have a website that I use to keep all of my Madden work organized and in one place, and am offering a place to host the many tutorials and FAQ's (files too if you want) for MVP 2005. So if no one minds, I will create a separate section on my website that houses the huge wealth of information (with proper credit given of course) for anyone left who still mods MVP 05 and has a question. Thanks for everything and all the great work that helped keep this game alive for so long.

Best of luck everyone and thanks again,

bctrackboi11

http://eadepot.weebly.com

Archived