Mvpmods Duplicate Account Amnesty Program

Jim825

As you should all be aware, the MVPMods Forum Rules state the following regarding duplicate accounts:

Only one account permitted.

Any user caught creating a duplicate account or found to have a duplicate account will be suspended for 180 calendar days. This long suspension is intended to discourage the creation of secondary accounts. If you have a duplicate account, you are encouraged to PM a staff member and we will disable your secondary account and your first account will not be affected you will not be suspended from the website at all. If a staff member becomes aware that you have 2 accounts, you will receive the aforementioned 180 day suspension.

There is no reason for having duplicate accounts here. In the past, some created duplicate accounts to get around the 2 downloads per day limit if you joined and did not purchase a subscription. Now that subscriptions are a thing of the past and unlimited downloads are available to all members, even that excuse no longer makes sense.

In the spirit of our new beginning here at MVPMods and as my own personal show of holiday spirit, I am implementing a "Duplicate Account Amnesty Program" that will run until the end of this month. If you have duplicate accounts and we have not caught you yet (and the key word here is YET), I will waive the 180 day suspension if you send me a PM with the account(s) that you want deleted. I'll delete the extra accounts with no questions asked and your access to MVPMods will continue uninterrupted. Consider it my own "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy. :)

Note that this program only runs through the end of this month, so if you are caught with duplicate accounts after Dec. 31st (and we have our "ways" of finding these accounts), the full 180 day suspension will be imposed, with no chance to appeal.

Also, now that I have made this program known, anyone who creates a duplicate account starting today, forfeits their right to amnesty and will get the full 180 day suspension.

Finally, be aware that this program does not apply to those who have been banned but have found a way to sneak back on with new accounts. Those who fall in that category should just enjoy their illegal access to the site until we track you down (and we WILL track you down!).

My son set up an account on my computer but he never uses it How can I delete it ?

I don't think this really counts since it's a different person. And, if I recall, you may have mentioned this to us in the past?

Either way, don't worry about it.

Even with this program in place, and the warnings, we've had two suspensions since yesterday with new members creating duplicate accounts..... :facepalm:

And expect more of the same. These people that do this never learn. They just think that it doesn't pertain to them.

Also, always watch out for the dshibshm account. There are almost 25 of them.

Since Friday, there have been 5 more suspensions from members creating new duplicate accounts. I also found two other members who had created multiple accounts in the past. In the latter two cases, I simply deleted the duplicate accounts with no suspensions. If these guys create new duplicate accounts, however, they will be subject to suspension.

I still don't understand why people are creating duplicate accounts when there is no longer a download limit. :unknw:

Maybe they're multiple personality and each personality likes baseball but forgets they have a user account at MVPMods....

Just a thought.....

Right? :mellow::unknw:

exactly, one personality loves the KG Roster and the other one not, then each personality create an account to download different mods :lol:

Some might do it because they can't remember their password as well. I never even paid attention, but I assume there is a "forgot password" button, but the semi-computer-literate might just not understand, or think it's easier to start a new one.

That may be, but how does that explain someone creating 3 duplicate accounts in a 45 minute period? I've heard of short term memory loss, but that's ridiculous! :wacko:

That may be, but how does that explain someone creating 3 duplicate accounts in a 45 minute period? I've heard of short term memory loss, but that's ridiculous! :wacko:

Very true, but then that leads one to believe that RQ's response is the most likely.

That, or at least in some cases, two roommates, or two brothers living together each sign up for their own account.

I figure, RQ, and stupidity are the two main culprits though. Also, I am not trying to make excuses for them, I am just throwing out reasons why it may be an issue.

Very true, but then that leads one to believe that RQ's response is the most likely.

That, or at least in some cases, two roommates, or two brothers living together each sign up for their own account.

I figure, RQ, and stupidity are the two main culprits though. Also, I am not trying to make excuses for them, I am just throwing out reasons why it may be an issue.

I hear you, but in the majority of the cases, the e-mail addresses are almost identical on the two (or more accounts). The only difference is that one is something like xxxx@hotmail.com and the other is xxxx@gmail.com. In many of the other cases, the e-mail address is the exact same.

Is there a way to set it up so identical emails aren't accepted in the first place? I know some sites on the net, if you enter an email that is already associated with an account, it wont let you. I am assuming the answer is no, otherwise someone would have probably done that by now.

That would cut out on some of them.

Maybe they're multiple personality and each personality likes baseball but forgets they have a user account at MVPMods....

Just a thought.....

Right? :mellow::unknw:

That multiple personality thing seems to have been happening quite a bit in the last few months. Very odd.

• 4 months later...