Schedules (1933-2005)

DylanBradbury

File Name: Schedules (1933-2005)

File Submitter: DylanBradbury

File Submitted: 06 Feb 2011

File Category: Miscellaneous

Version: 1.1

Due to a sudden and surging interest in MVP scheduling modding, I decided to release this to the public.

A while back I created a schedule for every season from 1933 until 2005. Unfortunately, I don't remember why I couldn't create schedules before 1933. I just remember I wasn't able to.

Enjoy,
-Dylan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation instructions:
0. Rename the schedule to "mlb162_1.dat" If for instance, you wanted to play the 1989 MLB schedule, rename the "1989.dat" to "mlb162_1.dat"
1. In bigGUI, open up the schedule.big file. It's usually in the C:Program Files (x86)EA SportsMVP Baseball 2005 path.
2. Click Edit > Import.
3. Locate the mlb162_1.dat file you just downloaded and double-click it. Confirm replace of the old file.
4. It needs to be compressed. Highlight mlb162_1.dat, and click Edit > Compress.
5. Now, still in bigGUI, click File > Rebuild.
6. The schedule should be loaded into MVP.

Note: In MVP, the start date is always April 1st , but some schedules have games played before the first of April. This will cause teams to miss games. To fix this you can download TyWiggins' ScheduleUpdater/Year Changer utility at MLBMods. With this great tool, you can change the in-game year and date of that to your choosing. Just follow its included directions and change the date to the date of the first game of the season.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enjoy!
If you do use these schedules, I'd love to know, tell me about it below!

A while back I created a schedule for every season from 1933 until 2005. Unfortunately, I don't remember why I couldn't create schedules before 1933. I just remember I wasn't able to.

Enjoy,

-Dylan

It's interesting to hear that you couldn't create schedules prior to 1933, because I was able to create the 1927 schedule for TC1927.

Hey Dylan,

Thanks a lot as this is a very useful mod & much appreciated.

One question: I thought that each schedule had to start on April 6th (or some date close to that as I can't remember the exact date) to work properly, from previous schedule mods I've used, but it appears yours start on the actual day for that particular year which in most cases is later than April 6th. Thus, had you tested some of these individual mods?

Thanks Again,

Don

Hey Dylan,

One question: I thought that each schedule had to start on April 6th (or some date close to that as I can't remember the exact date) to work properly, from previous schedule mods I've used, but it appears yours start on the actual day for that particular year which in most cases is later than April 6th. Thus, had you tested some of these individual mods?

Thanks Again,

Don

Glad you like them, Don!

I had no idea about the April 6th thing.

I think Andy used my 1998 schedule, which begins on March 31st, and I'm pretty sure it works.

When I originally did these schedules, I think I tested one from each decade, but for obvious reasons, was unable to test them all.

-Dylan

Hey Dylan,

Thanks Again,

Don

Actually Don, I believe that the 1st game on the schedule has to start on the 1st Sunday in April. In some of the mods I've created, I've "adjusted" the schedule by putting 1 game on the first Sunday, even though the real schedule might have started on a different day of the week.

Hey Dylan,

Thanks Again,

Don

Actually Don, I believe that the 1st game on the schedule has to start on the 1st Sunday in April. In some of the mods I've created, I've "adjusted" the schedule by putting 1 game on the first Sunday, even though the real schedule might have started on a different day of the week.

So with some testing, I've discovered that you guys are right. Dynasties always begin on April 1st.

The workaround I've used is TyWiggins' ScheduleUpdater/YearChanger utility. It allows you to change the in-game date. I've edited my file's description to include a link to his file, and an explanation.

So with some testing, I've discovered that you guys are right. Dynasties always begin on April 1st.

That's not necessarily true. If you look at the default schedule that comes with the game, you will see that the first game of the season is played on Sunday April 3, 2005. As I said, I believe that the season has to start on the 1st Sunday in April, and not necessarily April 1st.

That's not necessarily true. If you look at the default schedule that comes with the game, you will see that the first game of the season is played on Sunday April 3, 2005. As I said, I believe that the season has to start on the 1st Sunday in April, and not necessarily April 1st.

Whoops, you're right about that, Jim. Sorry for my mistake.

Whoops, you're right about that, Jim. Sorry for my mistake.

What the hell? Dylan making a mistake. Mark it down folks, the first time you will ever see this. lol :rofl:

Just messin' with ya man. You are usually the one correcting all of our mistakes, so I had to give a little jab. :friends:

What the hell? Dylan making a mistake. Mark it down folks, the first time you will ever see this. lol :rofl:

And hopefully the last. The 30 day suspension I imposed on him for spreading erroneous information will give him plenty of time to think. Maybe next time, he'll do the proper research and think twice before spewing falsehoods..... :D

Just messin' with ya man. You are usually the one correcting all of our mistakes, so I had to give a little jab. :friends:

07 February 2011 - 10:11 PM, a day and time that will live in "errfamy."

:)

And hopefully the last. The 30 day suspension I imposed on him for spreading erroneous information will give him plenty of time to think. Maybe next time, he'll do the proper research and think twice before spewing falsehoods..... :D

lol.gif

I actually laughed out loud at this one.

OK Dylan, glad to know you are on it, thanks!!

You're welcome, man! :)

• 4 weeks later...

It's interesting to hear that you couldn't create schedules prior to 1933, because I was able to create the 1927 schedule for TC1927.

Last night I had a realization why I wasn't able to create schedules prior to 1933: there were no All-Star Games, a requirement for an MVP schedule.

Jim, in the 1927 schedule, how did you deal with this?

Last night I had a realization why I wasn't able to create schedules prior to 1933: there were no All-Star Games, a requirement for an MVP schedule.

Jim, in the 1927 schedule, how did you deal with this?

It was easy -- I just added an All-Star game in the schedule around the middle of July.... :)

It was easy -- I just added an All-Star game in the schedule around the middle of July.... :)

Thanks for the response Jim. As far as I can tell, there is not a day off in the actual 1927 schedule. That is, there's at least one game every day from the start of the season to the end of the season.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing you picked your day in mid-July for the All-Star game, and shifted all subsequent games by a day?

Thanks for your help, Jim!

Thanks for the response Jim. As far as I can tell, there is not a day off in the actual 1927 schedule. That is, there's at least one game every day from the start of the season to the end of the season.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing you picked your day in mid-July for the All-Star game, and shifted all subsequent games by a day?

I checked the schedules (both the 154 and 162 game schedules included with the mod) and it appears that I did extend the season by one day. The true 1927 season finished on Oct. 2, 1927, but in my schedules, the last games are played on Oct. 3, 1927.

The All-Star Game played on July 12, 1927, even though, as you correctly pointed out, this was not an off day in the real 1927 schedule.

Archived