File Name: Total Classics 1927 MLB/Negro Leagues

File Submitter: Jim825

File Submitted: 20 Mar 2011

File Updated: 20 Mar 2011

File Category: Total Conversion Mods

Version: 1.0

Total Classics 1927 MLB/Negro Leagues Merged by Redeck and DennisJames71

Welcome to Phase #2 of our Integration series

In Phase #1 of our efforts, we changed a few things graphically in TC27 and added about 50 star Negro League Players of the day to TC27.

In Phase #2, instead of just adding Negro Leagues Stars to existing MLB teams, we are adding the Negro Leagues top teams in 1927 to MLB via TC27. With this mod you will be able to play the 27 Yankees against the 27 Monarchs, the 27 Tigers against the 27 Homestead Grays. Chicago American Giants against the Chicago Cubs........

8 Negro teams in all from 1927 inserted into MLB in 1927. No MLB teams were harmed in the making of this mod.

The 8 teams were added 4 each to the National League and American League. The Leagues are hard coded to have 3 division each, so we have moved the teams around a bit and each division will have 4 teams for Dynasty play.

Installation: Installation can be done using the supplied installer or by manually copying the files to your game folder. Complete instructions with screenshots are included with the mod.

Key Features for this mod:

1) 8 Negro League teams each with actual Negro League players who played for them.

(the Negro League teams never carried more than 17-18 players, so to flesh out the rosters, Ive taken the rest of the Negro Leagues players and scattered them across the 8 chosen teams. In all, 200 Negro League Players were added to TC27)

2) These Negro League teams need stadiums to play in, and so they shall have them. Once again Dennis James has come through in altering some lesser used minor league stadiums to give a feel of playing in parks we haven't really seen yet.

3) These new parks come complete with proper audio welcomes provided by audio master OTBJoel.

4) If you are going to add 8 teams to league play, by god you need a new schedule. Custom Schedule provided by Schedule Guru Dylan THE LINK Bradbury. Now thats one kind Canuck.

5) New Splash and loading and CTS, all sorts of eye candy also provided by DennisJames.

6) 200 Negro League players ratings, portraits, audio, and general mod piece collecting provided by myself, redeck.

7) At least a quarter of these new players have cyberfaces collected from the communities downloads, including the fine faces created by Jogar.

Special Features:

A) This download includes many of DennisJames new 1927 era uniforms and Stadiums, Including some as yet unreleased. It also includes Edtench's Reds 1927 Reds Unis as well. Very Nice

B) The player names for all of MLB in this mod are done by Ernie Harwell and Vin Scully through OTB Joel's fabulous Legends of the Booth Mod.

C) Also included here are more updated Stadiums from DennisJames. Some of these are yet unreleased as well.

The resources I used to determine the players rating:

Biographical Encyclopedia of the Negro Leagues

James Riley

Complete Book of Baseballs Negro Leagues

John Holloway

and Dozens of websites

"Team Integration" DennisJames, RedEck, OTBJoel, DylanBradbury

Thanks to everyone who helped me learn some of these modding tricks, including but not limited to Jim825, OTBJoel, Homer, Jogar

-------------------------------------------

*** VERSION HISTORY ***

v1.0

Initial release

Click here to download this file

I whish some of the original MVPMods gang were still around to enjoy this mod, we think it turned out pretty darn fine. And after a modding break for a short time, we plan on coming back with a TC1930s mod, and a sister TC1930s Integrated...

I need to thank OTBJoel and Dylan for their contributions one more time, without Joel, the Stadium welcomes would be pretty quiet, and without Dylan, well, Dynasty play wouldnt have been possible at all. Thanks Everyone who helped me learn how to do these things.

and thanks Jogar for letting me slip in his Cyberfaces for these added players to really spice it up some.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

and of course Jim also, for putting it together into his installer, thats something I will never see myself able to do.

Thank you Maestro...I hope you enjoy playing this and have fun with it.

To echo what Dave said, I think that this project was a perfect example of team-work mentality. Each of us contributed portions of our expertise to make a truly original Historical/Negro League-type Mod. Personally I want to thank OTBJoel for his audio mastery skills and Dylan for his tremendous effort with the schedules <it would have been nothing but exhibition games without him>. And Dave, your hard work on the rosters, portraits and all the other things I didn't think of cannot be understated. Thanks again bud, and to Jim for making it available here on the site.

Go try it out folks and have fun! :good:

thanks Knight, im not sure which stadiums Dennis switched around, I had suggested using the minor league parks to him, but i think he used alot of different major league parks to do this. The Negro Leagues did play a fair amount of games in Major League parkls though. I think that each stadium was shaken enough though that you have to ask ;-) means he did well. I think He used South Side park for the American giants, but im probably wrong. I bet Dennis will be by soon to answer you though.

Thanks Edtench, I would suggest, personally, :-) geting rid of any 2K game on your drive :search:to free up some space lol

I havent actually played very much of the mod myself to tell the truth, so Im hoping to hear you guys enjoy it. I may resume my dynasty though soon, next week. Started Playing as the Detroit Stars but I use tywiggins team changer to swap around the league and play as different teams.

In the Light of OTBJoel releasing his LFB awesomeness, I need to note here that my pname.dat file will not be compatible with the rest of the LFB mod. It is recommended that you install LFB over top this mod without the pnamedat.big and pnamehdr.big file. If you do you will have a few names called incorrectly in game.

However, I fairly insist you use LFB with this mod, as a long time user for LFB, i can attest to its greatness, and also admit to using LFB during the making of this mod. Use them both, you will never have a reason to play another baseball game.

At some point in the future, i will patch this to work together with that, but really, all you need to do is not install LFB pnamedat.big and pnamehdr.big file, and the world should still be in sync with the universe.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived