2011 Rosters Version 2.0

grmrpr1313

• 2 weeks later...

When I installed these files, I noticed that their modified date was 2005. I installed them over tyour 2010 files and my game has reverted to 2005 rosters? What gives?

Load the "Grmrprs 2010 MVP.mbe" file into MVPedit and (still in MVPedit) click File>Export>DAT Files to MVP/data/database folder.

Hope that helps.

I have the roster save in the correct folder, and I've overwritten the files in the database folder. However, when I go into the game and load the rosters, the game crashes when I try to play a game. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

I have the roster save in the correct folder, and I've overwritten the files in the database folder. However, when I go into the game and load the rosters, the game crashes when I try to play a game. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Same here. I'm on a clean install of MVP 2005 too, it's vanilla.

if you are working with mvpedit, you can try to deleted some players from FA pool. when i was doing roster, sometimes it happens to me, but when i deleted some players under and have 200 in FA, game dont crush at the start.

Alright... I found a fix:

1) Install rosters (open MBE file in MVPEdit and extract DAT files to database folder)

2) Install Facepack 2010 (use Total Installer Thingy)

3) Place TyWiggin's "Standard Maker" in the database folder and run it

Default rosters are 2011, "Play Now" works, Dynasty works, simulating in Dynasty works.

SUCCESS!

Any help for the creator or from Homer? I'm new to the site, but those guys seem to know their stuff.

A couple things I can say:

1) Installing the rosters AND Homer's 2010 facepack allowed me to play games without crashes (Solution #1)

2) However, 8-10 games into a dynasty, the game freezes when simulating

It doesn't matter if I'm simulating to a place on the calendar or just individual games. For me, it appears to freeze on the AAA game. I'm playing with the Phillies.

I have tried this with a clean install, with the 2011 schedule, and seems like everything else under the sun. No luck.

PLEASE HELP! I'd love to play in a dynasty with the new rosters... I'm almost to the point of putting the game back on the shelf.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can lend a helping hand.

Yeah I deleted a couple FA's so it was under 200, still no luck. :(

No, I don't have MVP 08 installed.

Standard Maker: http://tywiggins.eamods.com/standardmaker.zip

Alright two questions wiz02: do I need MVP 08 installed? And can I get a download link for TyWiggin's "Standard Maker"? The link appears to be dead on the EA mods site.

i followed the instruction in the readme and placed the 19 dat files into the data folder but the players are all still 2005....is there a roster to go with this do u know.

Or mayb i am not doing something correctly...

im sorry, i love this game any help would be great....thanks

Did you try searching for them? All the rosters for MVP are in here: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=6

daflyboys just released his new Base Up rosters.

Jim i have tried everything i can try. All three of the roster updates dont seem too work for me. I have tried various installs and re-installs.

I keep getting the same errors. When i try and simulate in Dynasty it gets to like 12-15 games into it and just freezes completely.

and

Even if i try just playing the game in exhibition it freezes up half way thru the game loading process

Any thoughts

Sorry to bug you, i have been looking thru the forums and it seems u are quite the handyman. Im only new to the modding side of the game but i am in love with it and cant let it go

Can u help me

PLZZZZZ

= (

i followed the instruction in the readme and placed the 19 dat files into the data folder but the players are all still 2005....is there a roster to go with this do u know.

Or mayb i am not doing something correctly...

im sorry, i love this game any help would be great....thanks

Roster files have to be installed in the data\database folder.

As far as your crashing / freezing issues, what other mods (if any) do you have installed?

No other mods installed....

So i shouldnt just copy and paste them...i need to use mvpedit and export the .mbe file to the data folder....?

is that what you mean by install....

i really suck....im sorry if im the one making you angry

even when i export the mbe file when i open the game even to see the rotations they are all still 2005.....am i missing something, is there a roster.sav file to go with that base roster or do i use the roster.sav included in the other 2 most recent roster updates on the mvp2005 dload forum under rosters???

i figure the more info i give the more chance of a fix

thanks

Archived