Reditor Ii [Mlb 2K11]

Vlad_Zola_Jr

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, guys, while you're waiting for the release with anticipation, watch this short funny video :popcorn::rofl::

Of course, this will never be a strike, but even the guy on 2nd base was very stunned with The Spiral Pitch :clapping::D Moreover the gravity effect of the pitch teleported the catcher away for a moment :pardon:

lol to funny bro, i like 2k, but i'm hoping one day soon, i can get a ps3, cause the first game, i'm getting is the show. :friends:

Here's a tid bit that will keep you away: In career stats, the show only keeps up to 3 previous years (2010, 2009, 2008) and only 5 or 6 stat categories. It also doesn't compute stolen bases. A baseball fans worst nightmare it is. But the gameplay is great!

• 1 month later...

The new version of the program has been released (view the first post for a detailed information).

Here is the direct download link:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20735241/setup_REDitorII_v2.1.exe

==========================

To be honest, i expected the program to be more widely used and some Total Conversion mods to appear. Unfortunately, looks like MLB area is not perspective enough to develop it further. :(

Edited by Vlad_Zola_Jr

Vlad, the reason your not seeing any total conversion mods and such is frankly because no one is using your editor. A lot of people are turned off by the licensing of your program and how it only lasts a year, also it's expensive. The community is too small to really invest in your program. It's not like NBA where your editor is the only one available, not to mention the enormous modding community there.

I know you want to get paid, but I might suggest releasing your program as freeware or with a free 1 year license and it may attract a following. With your "demo" versions and such you can't really do anything or experiment with your program since one demo doesn't allow saves and the other is extremely limited in it's functionality.

I know if you were to offer it to the MLB community free of charge a LOT of people would jump on it (since most still don't have ty's editor) and want to start playing around with all the features you put in it. That might lead to more people purchasing it next year or even just donate some money for your program.

Just a suggestion bro.

Now the program is no longer usable for mlb2k11 :facepalm: I'm going back to mvp 08. :lazy:

What do you mean "it's no longer usable"? If your key has stopped working, you can always request a new one by using a special dialog or by sending me an e-mail.

==========

The Hot-Fix for v. 2.1 has been released:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20738539/setup_REDitorIIv2.1.3.exe

Edited by Vlad_Zola_Jr

(For the record, Mr Notbugmethx, I could not open my franchise even after downloading the fix for the update so I used the dialog box and requested a new key. Now the program works again.)

I would like to say that I have personally found REDitor to be very useful, and I enjoy using the program a lot. While I had to buy a subscription for it, REDitor allowed me to swap team affiliations around which is something I’ve wanted to do since MLB 2K9. In addition, being able to modify the organization's staff allowed me to put myself in the game as the manager (with a custom cyberface), which is also really nice. I would be disappointed if development stopped on it... although I can understand Vlad_Zola_Jr's disappointment in its lack of widespread use.

DetroitStyle has mentioned the licensing and the size of the community as possible reasons why the program may not be as popular as it was hoped to be. I agree with some of that to a certain extent... The licensing process appears to be a little complex at first, given the different "a la carte" options there are for purchasing. However, it’s actually pretty easy to do. The price may have something to do with it, especially when buying multiple features (although it did not stop me). I do want to point out that REDitor allows the editing of player's abilities in roster files for free without any subscription. Maybe a timed trial (similar to the editor put out by tywiggins) would be more beneficial to users than a fully functional demo that cannot save.

In terms of the size of the community, there certainly appears to be less of us then there are for NBA 2K11. However, I don’t know if that translates into a lack of interest. The editing I’ve done with REDitor are things that only I would care about, so there is no reason to release my rosters/franchises. (My custom teams are actually based on one of my MVP dynasties, so they include MVP’s “fake” players.) I would suspect that most people using the program are really using it for their own purposes as well.

This brings me to the mention of Total Conversion mods. To me, we haven’t gotten deep enough into the other files yet to make a good mod feasible. The TC mods that have been made for MVP pretty much change everything that can be edited - not only the rosters, but statistics, schedules, music, sounds (including the announcers), and most importantly (to me) the stadiums. That adds an extra amount of authenticity that just isn’t currently possible in MLB 2K11. Of course, figuring out how to edit all of these things took time, and I would expect it would be true here as well. In some ways, the discontinuance of MVP was an advantage to the modding community because we could continue building on the advances we had made knowing that we wouldn’t have to start from scratch with a new game each year. While I have created a few retro jerseys (which I may release sometime), playing with the 1912 New York Highlanders doesn’t feel right with “Bad Reputation” blasting from the loudspeakers in the new Yankee Stadium... The roster is only one piece of a total conversion mod, and I think we would see an increase in interest in getting one done if other pieces of the game are figured out.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. (I apologize for the length of the response; I knew this wasn’t going to be a short post…) Again, I would like to stress that I have really enjoyed having the program and would encourage others to check it out.

I agree with DetroitStyle 100%. I have already invested in Ty's editor; the game; and hundreds of hours editing rosters. I know your program takes time but so does the edits I do to rosters and I ask for nothing in return like most modders on this site. If you want to charge then go ahead...I just think it hurts the community immensely to charge for mods and programs that help you mod. Look at games like PES soccer and MVP2005 and they have endless mods for everything and nearly any and every editor is FREE! If one person thinks their work is worth charging for then what stops the rest of us from doing the same? If that happened it would be the death of these modding communities as we know it. Not to mention if I were 2K I would be all over these people for trying to make an editor and selling it for a licensed game. Just my opinions..not meant to offend anyone.

I agree with DetroitStyle 100%. I have already invested in Ty's editor; the game; and hundreds of hours editing rosters. I know your program takes time but so does the edits I do to rosters and I ask for nothing in return like most modders on this site. If you want to charge then go ahead...I just think it hurts the community immensely to charge for mods and programs that help you mod. Look at games like PES soccer and MVP2005 and they have endless mods for everything and nearly any and every editor is FREE! If one person thinks their work is worth charging for then what stops the rest of us from doing the same? If that happened it would be the death of these modding communities as we know it. Not to mention if I were 2K I would be all over these people for trying to make an editor and selling it for a licensed game. Just my opinions..not meant to offend anyone.

I agree with you.

OK, frankly speaking, it's not about the money only.

Since the editor started to fully support MLB 2K11, the month has passed before my next message, and what did i see, posting it? No comments from other people at all. As for me, this meant "no to very little interest in the program". Again, not the paid version; the tool has quite a lot of functions, available for free. And still noone considered to write even a short mes.

MarlinsMY, glad you're enjoying the program. Big posts can really encourage, man ))) Actually, i can add the ability to edit statistics, as i know how to do that. More to add, i and my friend are planning to deeply work on IFF files soon. Though, sounds look to be quite difficult to decode, but who knows...

Anyway, now i can see, why there are no TCs for MLB. Guys just got accustomed to high-quality full-atmosphered mods for MVP. :) While, yes, MLB modders currently don't have enough possibilities to create the same full-atmosphered mods.

Though, as i said, NBA 2K12 is set to be released in the beginning of October, so i will most likely invest my labour into it. Of course, everything will depend on 2K...

BSU-FAN, mate, i understand, edits take time. But, c'mon, editing with a ready editor is one thing. You can edit with it, i can edit with it, even my 10-years old brother can edit with it (though, the results are unpredictable in this case :) ). No disrespect, but decoding file formats and creating a program is a completely different level - it requires much more knowledge and skills. As i have already stated multiple times at NBA forums, what is done by me for fun, it's released for free. What about the paid features - i just wanted to provide you, guys, with the ultimate editing possibilites and experience, but, please, understand me, i also want to eat, as any other human being. And this is really not a routine task to decode and program, so if those features weren't paid, they wouldn't exist at all, as i certainly have other ideas and projects, i can invest my skills into.

What about PES or MVP2005 free editors: these games files formats are muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch easier, than 2K Sports' ones. You can ask Ty, he will answer you all the same. For example, you can edit MVP2005 even without any editors, but just with using a Notepad. Just try to do the same with MLB 2K11 and you will see the difference. ;)

What about pricing: i think, it's fair. Even comparing to Ty's editor - you get much more features for a slightly higher price. Like interfaces, once purchased, work fine for all the supported games during a year. Then Player license costs as little as $6, but allows you to do much more, than Ty's editor (not in the same comfortable way without MyFriend Interfaces, but still...). Plus, there have always been discounts for "old" customers, when a new game of the same series was released.

But it's the community decision, if i should develop the project further or not; still i doubt, you can get the same amount of functionality from Ty; do not mean to offend anyone - maybe he just also finds it worthless to add more features, when he has already added.

Anyway, peace, guys, enjoy the tool. :) I hope, the community will grow over time.

PS: Still, expecting some more comments.

Edited by Vlad_Zola_Jr

The funny part to me is the fact is that most of those who might actually pay for this are the ones who are actually working for free to make all of these mods for others to download for FREE. Honestly Vlad; what roster do you use when you play MLB2k11 for PC? You are exactly right....anyone can edit...but it just so happens that only one other person has even attempted to make a roster other than me (and they used mine as a base); while their is two people working on different editors for the same game? Personally in this day in age I can find more people with knowledge of programming then I can find people who know accurately how often David Price throws a slider or how certain batters hit against a lefty versus a right in real life. I guess you value your knowledge more then me...

Edited by BSU-FAN

Honestly? I don't play games. :) As of now, I only play CoD 4 rarely late evening. Prefer activities like playing real bball, running, etc., as i spend too much time in front of copy-books and PC even without playing games. :) So, i hope, you see the difference, why those extra features are not 4-fun for me.

I respect you're making an accurate roster. Still, as i've said, i can use one of lots statistical DBs from the Internet and create a roster (let's say, just one historical team). I understand, this will take me ~30-40 hours to understand the game mechanics, 10 hours more to make the initial roster and 10 hours to polish it to the satisfactory condition.

But you said, programming is easier the pie and nearly everyone can do it. Why won't you create a simple editor then? Let's say, it will only allow to change players' heights. Maybe then you will be able to value my knowledge as much, as i do.

What i want to say is that any labor looks easy, until you try to do it yourself.

PS: I personally spent for decoding MLB 2K11 files structure alone 400+ hours, and 500+ for the programming part. Easy? Any of your friends can do the same quality editor?

Edited by Vlad_Zola_Jr

Hi all - I've read through the various posts in this thread and am having a hard time finding a list of the core functions of the program - I see what has been updated, however. Can anyone tell me if this editor allows you to change the team you control in a franchise? I'd buy it just for that functionality. Thanks!

Honestly? I don't play games. :)

Just curious; Why spend 900+ hours on this editor then? Most people here do this passionately as a hobby to improve the game for themselves and others. Do you realize the amount of things you can do to make more money for the 900+ hours of your time you put into something you don't even care to use. Minimum wage in Idaho is $7.25/hr... times that by 900 and you get $6,525. Are you even coming close to that by selling this editor? Also...I never said was "easy as pie" either and you can charge for these if you like; but people like myself will find it very counterproductive. Most of us that donate our time to make the game better see it as a slap in the face to have to pay to do work for free while others get paid. This was not meant to disrespect you because you obviously do know hot to create an editor. I just had to speak up because I firmly believe charging rather then asking for donations hinders the growth of a community like this.

i wish i could get paid lololol honestly though if i had the know how on making editors or any program actually,i really doubt id charge.About the only way id charge is, if it was costing me to make the program.To me id want people to use my programs to make the game better and the more people who get involved the more that ideas could come.Many inspirations are probally lost because many wont buy programs.Look at tys uniform tool ,there are things with the unis we couldnt do before this year and when he released it free, it gave a few of us ideas that ty was able to make work on this tool,a good example is numbers on the sleeve,if it had been a pay program ,who knows this feature may not have been found until it was suggested and he was able to add it to his editor.

Man, unfortunately, i don't live in Idaho, but i'm just a student, living in *bad word here* russia. People in most regions here are very lucky, if they get $2.5/hr, while food is of the same price here (i was in EU this summer, so i made a basic comparison), clothes, consumer electronics are slightly more expensive and cars are 1.5 times more expensive.

So, of course, if i lived in Idaho, i would prefer to spend this time for something else ))) But here noone is going to hire a student for more than $1.5/hr with an at least 4-hours working day, so i can't and don't want to afford this, as i spend 7-8 hours more for studying every day. :)

2 years ago i also thought, editors should be free, while i was asking for donations. And i was ignoring several guys, who suggested to charge for my work, saying, i would get much more money out of it, even if it's about charging for just $5-10. But c'mon. I got a total of $120 as donations from just 4 guys during 8 months, while each version of the program was downloaded ~6000 times + 'what the hell!?', some people blamed me for asking for donations :rofl: , while they were the first to request new features. (yes, that year i had enough free time, so i played NBA 2K10 and it started as a hobby). But when i fed up with adding many new features for free, working 3-4 hours a day after studies, i decided to experiment a bit and to charge. Guess, what happened? 5 times more money within a month, than it was during the whole donate-ware period.

Anyway, let's put all the money questions aside.

I made a free version (no tiral version) with quite a lot of functionality, i believe. I always say, free features are done by me for fun, while charged ones are those, when it stops to be funny to decode new things. Still, a month has passed and there were no comments during this period. For me this means "very little to no interest in the program", and this was the first and main reason for me to write, what i wrote. Not money or whatever. I supposed, you, guys, had too few editing abilities with Ty's editor; so i decided to add support for MLB files as well in my editor, as i possess the knowledge to find many interesting editable values. Money question is the second one. Wanted to know, if you really need those abilities or not.

Pfff.. it's already a big post. Sorry, have a headache and no free time to write more

Edited by Vlad_Zola_Jr

i wouldnt go by how many comments u get.Just because theres not many comments doesnt mean theres no interest.Guess maybe alot of people dont like commenting ,i dont know.I used to think the same thing that maybe when i made something and there was no comments that there was no interest,but ive noticed especially on uniforms that most downloaded uniforms are those that are updated current ones.Usally over 100 downloads but the retros average around 30 downloads and u may find just a handful will comment.Im sure that most probally dont really get into modding so there will be less interest anyways or if there is interest some probally just do it for themselves and not really show off the works they have done.U said that u have over 6000 downloads so there has to be interest somewhere.Main problem im sure is that times are tough and u will find more that just dont wanna shell out the money.I know im one of those that have to watch what i budget out.Actually this year i almost didnt get 2k11 but i am glad i did but as far as 2k12 im not sure yet.One good thing it comes out around income tax time lolol but as i say dont dwell too much on not having comments,its nice to get them but dont let it be a base on whether u think theres no interest

• 2 weeks later...

The new version has been released (check out the first post).

This is a must-have update for those, who like to edit NBA 2K11 XBox 360 files. And a highly recommended update for everyone else, as there are several quite important bug fixes in the new version.

I appreciate your comments, guys. Sorry for not responding to them, as i really have a very limited amount of free time. :(

One more thing to say: the prices for MLB 2K11 Tables were lowered by 17%, so it's a good opportunity to get an advanced license of a good editor and make your game look even better. ;)

Hope, you will enjoy the new version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...