• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Homer

Homer

Legend

• Administrators
  • 10,837 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:40 PM

You can edit the Legends/Heroes teams any way you want. Just make sure that they're kg's roster as a base, as I know he used the following method to create them so that the players aren't duplicated. If you edit the All-star teams with MVPedit, it will crash. One work around is to create them with a different roster and export the teams, then import them into your roster. Only problem with this method is that you will have duplicates of those players in the game, and you are using up an extra 50 players. Not good if you're nearing the limit.

To properly edit the all-star teams, you need to edit the roster.dat file with notepad.
1. open the team.dat file with notepad and look for the all-star team. Select and copy the id number for the team from this document.
2. open the roster.dat file and do a search. paste the id number in there and search for it. you will then be able to get to the team. you will see 25 entries that begin with that id number. you will need to edit each of these 25 lines to create your all-star team. look at the very first line of the roster.dat file, and it will provide a key for what each of the entries are for. I start by editing the starting lineups and SP's first.
3. open the attrib.dat file and search for the first player you want to add. copy his id number. for example, if I wanted to add albert pujols, search for him and then copy the id number for him.
4. go back to the roster.dat file and replace the appropriate id number with his. for example, replace the id number of whoever is in the starting 1B position with albert pujols' id number.
5. once you've done this for all 25 guys, you can go back and edit each line to re-arrange the line-up. it sounds like tedious work because it is. just read carefully.
6. save the roster.dat file when you're done and import the dat files back into mvpedit and your rosters are set.

#22 juan123

juan123

Rookie

• Contributors +
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:mvp baseball

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:05 PM

the speed of Nyjer Morgan this very high and the velocidada one of Juan pierre must be but high so that 68 robbery the past year

thanks for the explanation of my previous post

#23 daflyboys

daflyboys

All-Star

• Modders
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:16 AM

the speed of Nyjer Morgan this very high and the velocidada one of Juan pierre must be but high so that 68 robbery the past year

thanks for the explanation of my previous post

Agreed. Pierre will be adjusted. Morgan only slightly dropped. He's still damn fast! :)

#24 juan123

juan123

Rookie

• Contributors +
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:12 AM

jajajajajajajajaja ok thanks good work yours

#25 Toleton

Toleton

Rookie

• Modders
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:45 AM

Thx Tol:

Thanks for the encouragement and feedback. Yes, Chris Sale and others will all be corrected for the next version, especially thanks to DylanB again!! I will also attempt to get photos updated for those that need it as I understand what to do now.

Nishioka will need to be created. I did create a few missing players initially as best I could and will look into who has taken the MLB field since opening day. Having played 6 games to date, he certainly deserves in.

Perhaps after I get my next update done, before releasing, you could take a look at those MiLB things? Again, I'm keeping this roster MLB focused, so I'm not worrying about minor leaguers who haven't or probably will not be in the show.

I have checked that list at mlbmods.com and have asked Homer about it as well. Thank you.

I hope to have the latest release out about mid-May!

Very good Daflyboys, I think you are in the right way, is important for all of us to follow the official Id list for having a common reference, otherwise there will be confusions and all kind of mix up, with people constantly asking for one player or another. In the case of Nishioka, as well as any new key player coming to MLB from abroad I think we can give them some estimated stats if you do not have information about his performance in Japanese League, so we can refine it afterward, I know he is injured now. If you need portraits just name it, I posted 3 portrait package and I still working on with a 4th package. So I agree with you to make a solid MLB rosters, then start looking MiLB so I can give you information with teams-organization, players it will be more difficult as the information I have is very poor (I do not llive in USA). So best regards!!!

#26 DylanBradbury

DylanBradbury

All-Star

• Contributors +
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:29 AM

EDIT: Dylan just did me a huge favor and went through the errors for cybers and photos/audio cataloguing what was needed! (THANKS MAN!!). Will find its' way into the next update which I hope to release in the middle of the month along with the other improvements!

You're welcome. Glad I could help. :)

#27 daflyboys

daflyboys

All-Star

• Modders
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:07 AM

Thanks for the support guys. I finished the NL last night (which is why I published the latest portrait mini-pack) and will get to work on the AL most likely later tonight.

I found some good scouting sites for the likes of Nishioka. I do need an opinion. If I use Dylan batting calculator, do you think 80% ratio of the numbers generated for MLB level would be fair? (In other words, contact and power ratings down 20%)?

I'll now have to keep a closer watch on the call ups/send downs while I finish up the AL. Here's some of the features I'm gong to incorporate so far:

• Corrected Francisco Rodriguez (K-Rod), NYM, data and attributes

• Corrected pitch types and speeds and assigned Francisco Rodriquez, LAA, to MLB squad, demoted Downs

• David Eckstein moved to FA pool

• Transaction moves made to date

• Key Free Agents not playing since 2009 eliminated (Clark, Baek, etc.)

• Default player error in Nashville Sounds corrected (previously caused crash)

• Chris Young, CF/ARI, contact vs. lefties improved

• Andres Torres, CF/SFG, speed increased

• Drew Stubbs, CF/CIN, speed increased

• Juan Pierre, LF/CWS, speed increased

• Nyjer Morgan, CF/MIL, speed slightly decreased

• All cyberfaces/photo-audio numbers matched as best as possible

• Starting rotations changed in accordance with mlbdepthcharts.com (not considering short term injuries/DL)

#28 juan123

juan123

Rookie

• Contributors +
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:39 AM

Bartolo Colon is SP and sends 2-seam Fastball moves much that picheo to him and its Fastball the 92 average is of mile and Joel Peralta sends a Slider, Michael Pineda to their must it speeds fix and its stamina is ta very high to be a novice and it excuses my English is that it is with a translator since I only speak Spanish.

#29 laroquece

laroquece

Rookie

• Contributors +
  • 863 posts
  • Interests:MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:40 AM

Cool Dafly can΄t wait :clapping:

#30 aliheredia

aliheredia

Rookie

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:43 AM

and when we have the roster?

#31 juan123

juan123

Rookie

• Contributors +
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:44 AM

Texas Rangers signed free agent OF Leonys Martin enters that Cuban is good and fast I finish in Cuba jejeje

#32 daflyboys

daflyboys

All-Star

• Modders
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:55 AM

Bartolo Colon is SP and sends 2-seam Fastball moves much that picheo to him and its Fastball the 92 average is of mile and Joel Peralta sends a Slider, Michael Pineda to their must it speeds fix and its stamina is ta very high to be a novice and it excuses my English is that it is with a translator since I only speak Spanish.

Yes, I think 2 seamers will need to be re-evaluated. 60ft 6in. does okay in indicating who primarily uses them. Fangraphs does a horrible job, but Pitch F/X seems great. I just need to figure out how to interpret their movements, etc. as I indicated.

and when we have the roster?

Soon after I make my final clicks on my mouse and UL it to the site here! lol

Texas Rangers signed free agent OF Leonys Martin enters that Cuban is good and fast I finish in Cuba jejeje

Please hold off on indicating moves until after the roster is released and you think I missed an obvious one. A player not making it to the major leagues between opening day and when I release the rosters will probably not make it into the next release. You are always welcome to modify the roster as you see fit after it is released.

#33 juan123

juan123

Rookie

• Contributors +
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

as this image can be its launching watches

Attached Files

#34 Toleton

Toleton

Rookie

• Modders
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:40 PM

Thanks for the support guys. I finished the NL last night (which is why I published the latest portrait mini-pack) and will get to work on the AL most likely later tonight.

I found some good scouting sites for the likes of Nishioka. I do need an opinion. If I use Dylan batting calculator, do you think 80% ratio of the numbers generated for MLB level would be fair? (In other words, contact and power ratings down 20%)?

I'll now have to keep a closer watch on the call ups/send downs while I finish up the AL. Here's some of the features I'm gong to incorporate so far:

• Corrected Francisco Rodriguez (K-Rod), NYM, data and attributes

• Corrected pitch types and speeds and assigned Francisco Rodriquez, LAA, to MLB squad, demoted Downs

• David Eckstein moved to FA pool

• Transaction moves made to date

• Key Free Agents not playing since 2009 eliminated (Clark, Baek, etc.)

• Default player error in Nashville Sounds corrected (previously caused crash)

• Chris Young, CF/ARI, contact vs. lefties improved

• Andres Torres, CF/SFG, speed increased

• Drew Stubbs, CF/CIN, speed increased

• Juan Pierre, LF/CWS, speed increased

• Nyjer Morgan, CF/MIL, speed slightly decreased

• All cyberfaces/photo-audio numbers matched as best as possible

• Starting rotations changed in accordance with mlbdepthcharts.com (not considering short term injuries/DL)

I think for Nishioka is fine for starting, we can refine afterwards when he return to game and see some stats. Colσn had a great year with Aguilas Cibaeρas in the Dominican League so we can have some stats there. Regarding Leonys Martin, he have just arrived so I do not think he will go directly to MLB and you are only taking care of AL and NL for the moment, anyway for a future MiLB updated I can give you some stats of him... Best regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users