The Thrill Is Back!

Veesmack

post-15844-048998100 1309914079_thumb.pn

I didn't throw a single pitch or take a single hack in MVP 05 from 2006 until less than two months ago. I always felt that the creative outlet was always a fond memory. Within a few days I went back and copied my original workstation folder setup for making files to my current pc. And in a matter of a week it was like 6 years of not doing anything didn't matter. I think I still got it.

I've made about eleven all new cyberfaces and few of my own versions of older MVP 03 cyberfaces that have been rarely seen.

post-15844-098239000 1309914149_thumb.pn

A collection various jerseys fit for Omaha

post-15844-092145400 1309914502_thumb.pnpost-15844-059446500 1309914959_thumb.pnpost-15844-012849500 1309915554_thumb.pnpost-15844-093134600 1309914368_thumb.pnpost-15844-053573900 1309914725_thumb.pn

plus announcements and portraits like before

post-15844-016877500 1309914128_thumb.pnpost-15844-050985000 1309914331_thumb.pn

The game is still fun to play after all these years!

post-15844-083672500 1309914392_thumb.pn

post-15844-070183900 1309914446_thumb.pn

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back Veesmack! It is very nice to see you return.

FYI, for everyone else in the forums that do not know who this guy is, he made some of the best cyberfaces around. His work can be found in Total Classics and also in the Mvp 08, 07 and 06 conversion mods.

Welcome back Veesmack! It is very nice to see you return.

FYI, for everyone else in the forums that do not know who this guy is, he made some of the best cyberfaces around. His work can be found in Total Classics and also in the Mvp 08, 07 and 06 conversion mods.

Thanks man! I know that a lot of time has passed and it's good seeing some names that are still around. I went away to a hard school and finally finished. there was no time I could have put into making cyberfaces. I would have flunked for sure. But now I'm done as of last summer. I was always worried I wouldn't remember how to do certain things. That is not the case. I'm doing things differently because the routines of the past are gone but still getting the same results.

It's a bummer that the press box doesn't have free photos available to the public anymore. I obtained over a hundred photos before I was on hiatus with mods. I am going to do a Don Mattingly and Eddie Murray for sure. I did make the Will Clark cyberface without a hi res photo though. I wish I could make a lot of the new rookies with hi res photos though.

edit: What's difficult is sticking with one project. I want to make new cyberfaces for players without them, remake 2003 cyberfaces thanks to krawitham MVP 2003 2x faces mod. I wanted to do that a long time ago. Sometimes, I just have to complete creative aspiration. Also, I want to make jerseys. I think I'll just do a jerseys mod first since the college world series was recent. I have compiled alumni teams using players from MVP 2003, '04, '05 and the Roster 5 update. That's essentially four years of using a uniform rating system. But I have made a few newer players with my own calculated ratings. I'm going for Sunday as target for my first mod in several years. If the jerseys mod isn't ready, I willl just release the faces I have so far. I really like the Will Clark I did. There's also a Tim Wallach I never released using a pressbox headshot. I can actually release about twenty total faces. I did a Bo Jackson fairly recent. I will get a screenshot up in the next few minutes for that.

Veesmack,

I had not had the pleasure of being aware of your past work but it was a joy to hear your story about finding your old material and making new creations of cyber-faces and uniforms. I agree it takes a certain spark of inspiration to become the driving force of this effort but I also think it's well worth it. It's great to meet you and anyone who is this driven towards modding this game is a cool guy in my book.

Best of luck to you! :clapping:

Veesmack,

I had not had the pleasure of being aware of your past work but it was a joy to hear your story about finding your old material and making new creations of cyber-faces and uniforms. I agree it takes a certain spark of inspiration to become the driving force of this effort but I also think it's well worth it. It's great to meet you and anyone who is this driven towards modding this game is a cool guy in my book.

Best of luck to you! :clapping:

Thanks. Making mods is pretty addictive. I am an artist so I do get in those zones with making files in the game. Hours go by meals get neglected. I get wattery eyes. I have to just take breaks when it comes to it so I don't get burned out. It's really cool that there is a MVP Mods site because it brings a the community together to share these files. I honestly don't download other people's cyberfaces. It's not a vanity thing. I believe there is a limit on how many files can be in models.big. But I love getting other people's stadiums. I feel like that is the only territory I need to explore before my MVP 05 modding days are over.

Here's my version of Bo Jackson.

post-15844-054825600 1310004059_thumb.pnpost-15844-090033100 1310004947_thumb.pn

Thanks. Making mods is pretty addictive. I am an artist so I do get in those zones with making files in the game. Hours go by meals get neglected. I get wattery eyes. I have to just take breaks when it comes to it so I don't get burned out. It's really cool that there is a MVP Mods site because it brings a the community together to share these files. I honestly don't download other people's cyberfaces. It's not a vanity thing. I believe there is a limit on how many files can be in models.big. But I love getting other people's stadiums. I feel like that is the only territory I need to explore before my MVP 05 modding days are over.

Here's my version of Bo Jackson.

post-15844-054825600 1310004059_thumb.pnpost-15844-090033100 1310004947_thumb.pn

Freaking awesome Bo Jackson...one of my all-time favorite baseball players and overall athlete.

Thanks for all the comments about Bo Jackson. About a month ago I found a really good scan of 8X10 somebody had on ebay of Bo wearing his Univ. of Auburn football gear.

Here is a Jeremy Giambi from MVP 2003. Predictably, I used orl ord shapes of Jason Giambi and made the adjustments. This is good because as brothers their eyes are at least similar.

post-15844-070092700 1310053901_thumb.pnpost-15844-075174200 1310056704_thumb.pnpost-15844-063890600 1310055391_thumb.pn

Question: Since I also make portraits and audio, I was wondering what you guys wanted me to do concerning these files. As for players not already in the game, audio/photo IDs are gonna be different. I can easily make my faces files unnumbered and any user can easily rename them. but it's more complex with the portraits and audio. Should I just release the files with my own ID and just let users change this themselves if they need to? I can always leave instructions on changing these in an installation FAQ. The audio I can just have them identified as A, C or D announcements and users can make their own headers. I'm leaning on just keeping my own IDs to make mods less tedious to release.

post-15844-038128500 1310058783_thumb.pn

Thanks for all the comments about Bo Jackson. About a month ago I found a really good scan of 8X10 somebody had on ebay of Bo wearing his Univ. of Auburn football gear.

Here is a Jeremy Giambi from MVP 2003. Predictably, I used orl ord shapes of Jason Giambi and made the adjustments. This is good because as brothers their eyes are at least similar.

post-15844-070092700 1310053901_thumb.pnpost-15844-075174200 1310056704_thumb.pnpost-15844-063890600 1310055391_thumb.pn

Question: Since I also make portraits and audio, I was wondering what you guys wanted me to do concerning these files. As for players not already in the game, audio/photo IDs are gonna be different. I can easily make my faces files unnumbered and any user can easily rename them. but it's more complex with the portraits and audio. Should I just release the files with my own ID and just let users change this themselves if they need to? I can always leave instructions on changing these in an installation FAQ. The audio I can just have them identified as A, C or D announcements and users can make their own headers. I'm leaning on just keeping my own IDs to make mods less tedious to release.

post-15844-038128500 1310058783_thumb.pn

My try at an answer: Homer over at MLBMods keeps an up-to-date list of player portrait/audio and face IDs. You can find the list here: http://www.mlbmods.c...=11&t=274#p2039

My try at an answer: Homer over at MLBMods keeps an up-to-date list of player portrait/audio and face IDs. You can find the list here: http://www.mlbmods.c...=11&t=274#p2039

I have been using an old list made by Tony3 going back to roster update 5. So I have had that going. I haven't made any players starting in the majors past 2006. Bo Jackson is not on a list for example. To keep it simple I'm just gonna include the files and people can just choose whether or not they go with the IDs I've used. I'll refer to the list for all players who've played since 2006.

I might just need to use a total classics id list for historic players

r u gonna do 2011 players?? or just classic

Well, I wasn't gonna discuss it here with the previews. But I guess it will be heads up for a future topic. I would like to make current players including prospects and rookies. I was gonna maybe see if I can create a thread where users on this site could trade their MLB Press Box Headshots witch each other. I am not a member of the preess and don't have access to the headshots. It's difficult wanting to make new faces knowing that if a player has a couple of spring trainings under their belt that they have a hi res head shot available. So I was gonna see if anybody would be nice enough to perhaps help me obtain new head shots in which I will make 2011 players. I have less than twenty headshots of current players that are from press box. I'd say only five at the most don't already have a good face for download already from masters like jogar. I remember his amazing Matt Kemp he made during his rookie year. I remember having the headshot for Kemp and seeing jogars and being like...there's no need to make a Kemp.

there is no list that can be made that will accommodate new and old players, as there just aren't enough id numbers. the one i have is only for current players, with some overlap with recently retired players. for retired players, i would suggest just using total classics. alextony should be able to give you a list of all the id numbers since he does the audios.

do you have that photo of bo you used? I'd like to see it.

by the way, welcome back! glad to see you at it again. you were the one that inspired me to start modding cyberfaces.

there is no list that can be made that will accommodate new and old players, as there just aren't enough id numbers. the one i have is only for current players, with some overlap with recently retired players. for retired players, i would suggest just using total classics. alextony should be able to give you a list of all the id numbers since he does the audios.

do you have that photo of bo you used? I'd like to see it.

by the way, welcome back! glad to see you at it again. you were the one that inspired me to start modding cyberfaces.

Hi Homer. Thanks for letting me know. It's an honor to know that I have inspired you. I wish I could have seen all your work throughout the years. It sounds to me like you've put a lot of time and effort into contributing quality mods here. Here's the photo I used of Bo Jackson.

post-15844-007410100 1310085410_thumb.jppost-15844-010546000 1310085916_thumb.pn

Watching Bo Jackson break a bat over his knee was one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. The only thing that impressed me more was that monster All Star game home run he hit. Bo had the speed, incredible power, and a cannon for an arm.

Yeah, Only Bo can trademark something like that. I see players do it every once in a blue moon. I'm old enough to know they're pulling a "Bo Jackson". It should be in the contract in case of something similar to the Kevin Brown door handle injury. Your contract is void if you injure yourself breaking a bat with your thiigh. I saw Bo a lot during his final season. He hit for a good average. But I got into baseball after his hip injury. I've seen the Anaheim stadium leadoff blast in the allstar game in highlights. And the commericals were still going for him when I started becoming a sports almanac fanatic.

Yeah, if the headshots aren't pressbox that's fine as long as it is hi res. I remember before I wouldn't want to use a photo if the player is smiling really big. But it doesn't matter to me anymore. Because if they are smiling I just match up the lip colour and keep as much of the actual lips in the cyberface as possible. I think I've only made about two cyberfaces in the last two weeks. I had made a Carlos Quentin the best resolution image I found. I made the face and it turned out not even looking like the player even though the texture part was made the same way as the Bo Jackson scan above. It's pretty frustrating. WIth the hi res press box headshots, I have found it to be extremely difficult to make a bad face. In the images above, Conor Jackson, Ryan Drese and Tyler Walker are all made with hi res headshots from the press box. I was planning on making my Stanford Cardinal team with all starting players with faces and I had Ryan Garko I was gonna make afterwards. But the Carlos Quentin turned out bad. It's also above in one of my preview images with the Cal player hitting his face.

If people supply me the headshots, I will just make new players. It's nice making players with pictures before their debuts because nobody is really a superstar. And then watching one of your players you make become one is nice before it happens. And sometimes a prospect flops. I made a nice Kevin Frandsen a while back and he never really made it in the majors. Andre Ethier was one I made before that I think is still very good. I feel like I want to remake Chase Utley with his pre-superstar hi res headshot I have. I have one from 2003. To me it's like a rookie card and looking at the player before their egos explode. Or listening to a debut album by a band. It's more genuine I feel

awesome so u just need hi res headshot of 2011 players thats it and u will start rls previews sounds good hook it up fellas

Can you please type things out in full sentences. It's not like we're texting each other on our cell phones here or anything like that. It makes it very difficult to read and can sometimes be misconstrued.

@ Veesmack: I tried to get a pressbox pass but to no avail. Is there a secondary place where one can go?

Check out the Carlos Quentin and Geoff Blum faces. Quentin is non hi res based with its headshot. Blum has a pressbox headshot I used.

post-15844-013852700 1310108880_thumb.pnpost-15844-092500400 1310108897_thumb.pn

@ Veesmack: I tried to get a pressbox pass but to no avail. Is there a secondary place where one can go?

As far as I know, the only thing to do is to look on ebay for photos gettyimages or corbis for anything outside of google and other main search engines. I wonder if you can just have access to gettyimages and get rid of their water marks as long as were not using these files for profit. I guess it's sentimental profitting that we all get from it.

Archived